Chrome Plating

-

SB69GTS

Reaction score
Were ar the best places in Ontario / Manitoba to get bumpers and other items chrome plated. Prefer in and around Winnipeg or Fort Francis / International Falls area.

Midway plating did my Satellite bumpers years ago and they turned out great. I think they are in the quelph or kitchener area.

Eh! Int. Falls is where we cross the border to go to Nestor Falls for some fine fishing. Haven't been there for a few years though. Good Luck toolman

Yeah I was going to say I thought I paid a lot. I let the body shop handle mine and I guess I should have dealt on my own as my old fishin buddy works there. I hadn't seen him for a while and didn't want that to be the reason to contact him again. Oh well!!!

thats an awesome price around here they want 6-7 hundred each for my skinny little barracuda bumpers , got a guy to do em for 500 each cash plus some other stuff for another 500 for 1500 total , would have been 2200 -2500 at Vic plating for the lot ,if I find another fender fish to do I might do another pair of tail light bezels I have just for backups or to sell here ,they did those for under 100 each

Yeah I was going to say I thought I paid a lot. I let the body shop handle mine and I guess I should have dealt on my own as my old fishin buddy works there. I hadn't seen him for a while and didn't want that to be the reason to contact him again. Oh well!!!
Are you still looking for a split bench seat?..i have one on the tracks still..its green and needs upholstery...it isn't advertised anywhere....nov4 20010

Had mine done at the Chrome Pit (1-800-661-6787) in Winnipeg. $800. for both. One had dints and a rust hole through it.

Is there any other places in Southern Ontario(Toronto area)that re-chrome bumpers other than Midway?They want $450 per bumper,which is just alittle bit out of my price range.$250 per bumper would be more reasonable.Thanks for any help.

Is there any other places in Southern Ontario(Toronto area)that re-chrome bumpers other than Midway?They want $450 per bumper,which is just alittle bit out of my price range.$250 per bumper would be more reasonable.Thanks for any help.

I seriously doubt you will find anything in that range, Fairmont has the lowest prices I've seen, and does good work, but in Manitoba.

The Bumper Boyz run @ about $350. plus a core charge, and won't deal in Canada.

Cambridge Custom Chrome (Cambridge Ont.), does excellent show quality work, but around $500.-$600. for a bumper.

I picked up a flyer @ Moparfest from a place in London, Ont. called Midway Plating, they had some nice parts on display, but I don't know their prices.
http://www.midwayplating.com/index.html.

I've got a few things I need plated also, maybe we can get a better price.

I seriously doubt you will find anything in that range, Fairmont has the lowest prices I've seen, and does good work, but in Manitoba.

The Bumper Boyz run @ about $350. plus a core charge, and won't deal in Canada.

Cambridge Custom Chrome (Cambridge Ont.), does excellent show quality work, but around $500.-$600. for a bumper.

I picked up a flyer @ Moparfest from a place in London, Ont. called Midway Plating, they had some nice parts on display, but I don't know their prices.
http://www.midwayplating.com/index.html.

I've got a few things I need plated also, maybe we can get a better price.

Midway actually did my Satellite bumpers a few years back. Saw them again at Moparfest too Giles. I emailed them about a month ago and gave them a heads up on this great site and mentioned quite a few ontario members were looking for chroming. I havent heard back yet. I have some stuff to get chromed as well.....bulk pricing???? I will try to remember and give them a call on Monday.
Scott actually mentions them in his post, but maybe we could haggle a deal.

I'm always up for a better price, I have lot's I need plated on my '38 pickup, and I would like to get the front bumper on the Duster done, the chrome is nice, but the 30 year old dent on it....

I also want to have my bumpers done. My plan is to have bumper guard bolt holes filled and then chromed. Only need bracket bolt holes, unless I weld studs in and USC nuts. Hmm shave all the bolt holes then.

Riddler

-
Back