Classic Industries GTS Badges

-

Ron816

Mopar forever
Reaction score
I purchased some GTS Badges from Classic Industries, they are JUNK. When installing with the thread cutting nuts the tips immediately broke off, I barely screwed the nut on when the tips broke, I sent Classic an Email about this and have yet to hear back, has anyone else had the same issue?
IMG_0521.jpg
IMG_0522.jpg

Well that’s disheartening. Because it’s made in CHINA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you use the correct size PAL nut? There is #10 and 1/4" (plus #6 and #8 but I've never encountered those on my car, yet). I've broken new stuff and it sucks.

All my original GTS badges including the door emblems had the studs broken off. I have 3 re-pops because I have a stripe delete car and none of them broke. Not saying any one is better than the other but **** happens and they were just pot metal to begin with. I fixed my interior ones by epoxying flat head screws in place of the studs. Hopefully Classic makes good one it. Plan on their response taking time, that is what I encounter when I had an issue with one of their products.

Because it’s made in CHINA
Yes, BUT the US company that commissioned them must not be doing any quality checks. It's not all the bad manufacturing in China that is the problem.

I have had manufacturing dealings with Chinese CMs, you have to hold them accountable.

I have had great customer service from CI, call on the phone.

Did you use the correct size PAL nut? There is #10 and 1/4" (plus #6 and #8 but I've never encountered those on my car, yet). I've broken new stuff and it sucks.

All my original GTS badges including the door emblems had the studs broken off. I have 3 re-pops because I have a stripe delete car and none of them broke. Not saying any one is better than the other but **** happens and they were just pot metal to begin with. I fixed my interior ones by epoxying flat head screws in place of the studs. Hopefully Classic makes good one it. Plan on their response taking time, that is what I encounter when I had an issue with one of their products.
I used the nuts that came with the badges

I used the nuts that came with the badges

Interesting, mine didn't come with them. Maybe they gave you the wrong nuts? What is the is ID of the nut and OD of the post? Chances are if you get a replacement that too might have the wrong ones too. Might also be just bad PAL nuts. Were I've worked we've received out of spec fasteners.

made in china to classic industries specs. you really think they are going have them made at top quality? hell no, then they would have to price them higher and people would then ***** about that and maybe not buy them.

I’ve said it before I’ll say it again. I will GLADLY pay more money for a quality part.

Especially when it comes to TOOLS.

I hate wasting time screwing around with **** to get it to fit.

but yes Joe, I think you’re right, MOST don’t wanna pay the piper.

I’ve said it before I’ll say it again. I will GLADLY pay more money for a quality part.

yea way too many won't pay more. those who will are the minority,, hell look at freaking walmart. that should say all that needs to be said right there.. :)

Those nuts should need not any more than the torque you can supply with a nut-driver. If they are "tight" they are the wrong nuts.

yea way too many won't pay more. those who will are the minority,, hell look at freaking walmart. that should say all that needs to be said right there.. :)

I hate Walmart. Target is much nicer if I'm going to a box store.

I somewhat agree with this. For me I think its a good balancing act between quality and price. Some things I can go cheaper and other things I have to just bite the bullet. I'd love to buy premium for everything but my finances (and probably the majorities) do not allow for that.

Haven gone thru this cluster when doing my GTS I found the after market emblems are made of a softer pot metal. Basic dirty aluminum. I ended up restoring the originals.

-
Back