Classic Mopar Use ????

How do you use your mopar?

• Total voters
-
I like to daily drive old mopars but 2023 was a bad year for me because the 68 dart I had been daily driving for 7 years got rear ended by a subaru in Colorado springs.

So I ended up selling the damaged car and I bought a 78 Dodge Aspen wagon to replace it. I never got the Aspen on the road and got a crazy offer for it and sold it.

Now I am trying to bring mopar life back with a 67 valaint. We will see, It's running, stopping, tagged and insured but it still needs a little more to be dependable.

I like to daily drive old mopars but 2023 was a bad year for me because the 68 dart I had been daily driving for 7 years got rear ended by a subaru in Colorado springs.

So I ended up selling the damaged car and I bought a 78 Dodge Aspen wagon to replace it. I never got the Aspen on the road and got a crazy offer for it and sold it.

Now I am trying to bring mopar life back with a 67 valaint. We will see, It's running, stopping, tagged and insured but it still needs a little more to be dependable.
remember the paper route 440 4-speed Dart ?? :)

It is a funny world. Just a couple years ago I had some F bodies and gave $400 for a complete rust free straight 76 318 Volare wagon non runner. Actually never even tried to get it running. Bought it for the perfect grill for my 76 Runner. I had it listed for sale for a year at $1000. NO offers! I traded it off.

Sorry to hear about your Dart! Got rear ended? They probably had no insurance!

remember the paper route 440 4-speed Dart ?? :)
That was a 72 dart and that was a looong time ago. I am thinking before 2010. back when you could still find 72 darts and back when cast crank 440s were still around for 150 to 2 hundred bucks, running

We know a lot of us use our mopars a 1/4 mile at a time. Some only a 1/8 mile at a time! Some, they are just a garage ornament. Some actually go 10 miles to the local cruise in. But some of us use the cars for the road, meaning short distance or long haul, we're in!

My wife and I have driven classics as daily's. I think around 1994, my wife's daily grocery getter was a '66 Fairlane 2dr hrdtp. At the same time, I drove a '76 Dart Sport 40 miles one way to work everyday. We've traveled across states in them.
Around the 2018-2019 timeframe, we had our '77 Ramcharger in 11 states. Not the North East coast tiny states either :D :D So far our '77 Van which has taken it's place has been in 7 states. I expect that count will go up.

How do you use your mopar??
If there is a place I can drive to I driving it, isn't that what they are built for
Joe

... and then they'll put them in a Prius or Yaris with a air bag..... If one of those would have collided with my full frame Ramcharger 4x4, how do you think it would have faired? It would have taken 3 corrollas and 2 civics all accordioned up in a choir just to get me stopped :D :D

I had a lady pull out in front of me in a Prius (ran the stop sign) while I was doing 35 in a 2008 Explorer. It totaled her car, pushing the entire front end about a foot to the passenger side. It bent up my right front suspension. Her car was towed to the junk yard, I drove mine home. I like real metal around me in a vehicle.

I had a lady pull out in front of me in a Prius (ran the stop sign) while I was doing 35 in a 2008 Explorer. It totaled her car, pushing the entire front end about a foot to the passenger side. It bent up my right front suspension. Her car was towed to the junk yard, I drove mine home. I like real metal around me in a vehicle.
yes, it's how it goes, weight and frame usually wins.... hope she didn't get hurt.

Safety?? Nothing safer than real steel wrapped around your kids while they’re in their formidable driving years. I bought my son this 86 Dodge pickup as a father/son project. It had been off the road for about 12 years. Fast forward about 6 months and he’s been daily driving with trouble free miles. We changed the rims to Vectors, it came with 2 new doors so we painted and hung them, and it’s really a good looking and driving truck He likes it, keeps it clean and in good running order, unlike the death trap Ford Escape he started out with. Airbags may be needed in an Escape, but good old steel will always win that battle.

E0954DF2-C444-42AD-923B-A529E52EEF09.jpeg

1D10DD82-E300-496A-A38D-4BAB3AA31E8E.jpeg

Been driving this everywhere, when it's nice out. 6.4/NAG, and gets great mileage. Handles and stops like a road racer.

cuda 7-3-22 BW bridge-Port Huron.jpg

"All of us survived no seatbelt no bike helmet era"...you're kidding right?...."deny my family using a motorcycle"
I can't count the people i know taken out by not using seatbelts or the number of friends i lost or are crippled for
life from bike accidents.
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I had to go outside and drag my granddaughter into the house- that sled she was riding in the snow was a complete deathtrap; too many trees outdoors. Now she's safely locked in the closet. What was your question?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I had to go outside and drag my granddaughter into the house- that sled she was riding in the snow was a complete deathtrap; too many trees outdoors. Now she's safely locked in the closet. What was your question?
I remember a time not long ago I was watching the news and they were interviewing an older lady who was going of on the fact that she couldn’t believe that there were any vehicles made in this world that didn’t require having to put on the brake to shift into gear. She was appalled, because some kid bumped a minivan into gear and it hit something. I’m looking at her and she’s about 50, and I’m thinking “are you that stupid or brain dead that you can’t remember 20 years ago when that wasn’t even a thing? And are you that stupid that you actually need that feature to survive in this world?” The dumbing down of humanity is more of a detriment than the safety features invoked to save their dumb asses!

I remember riding to work with old Charlie when i was young. If there was a car on the horizon he wouldn't
pull out until it passed and i used to think he shouldn't even be driving! Most guys think our old mopars are
heavy enough to be safe with the use seatbelts. I still wouldn't be comfortable out on a 6 or 8 lane freeway
with my Dart and I am much more cautious now than when i was young.
Maybe I'm becoming Charlie!

I remember riding to work with old Charlie when i was young. If there was a car on the horizon he wouldn't
pull out until it passed and i used to think he shouldn't even be driving! Most guys think our old mopars are
heavy enough to be safe with the use seatbelts. I still wouldn't be comfortable out on a 6 or 8 lane freeway
with my Dart and I am much more cautious now than when i was young.
Maybe I'm becoming Charlie!
Yep and ALL 6 an 8 lane freeways should be in Ca.!!!!!!!:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: :rofl:

We know a lot of us use our mopars a 1/4 mile at a time. Some only a 1/8 mile at a time! Some, they are just a garage ornament. Some actually go 10 miles to the local cruise in. But some of us use the cars for the road, meaning short distance or long haul, we're in!

My wife and I have driven classics as daily's. I think around 1994, my wife's daily grocery getter was a '66 Fairlane 2dr hrdtp. At the same time, I drove a '76 Dart Sport 40 miles one way to work everyday. We've traveled across states in them.
Around the 2018-2019 timeframe, we had our '77 Ramcharger in 11 states. Not the North East coast tiny states either :D :D So far our '77 Van which has taken it's place has been in 7 states. I expect that count will go up.

How do you use your mopar??
All of the above...

Hey, I enjoy this place so sorry I don't have any A bodies... At least Dads Bee does... I've come close so many times through the years mostly FB Barracudas but a few Darts & Dusters... Just always seems the timing was wrong.. I've owned lots of E & B bodies, at this point doubt I'll own an A body, but I enjoy reading what's posted & I'm happy to share my stories & knowledge... Hopefully my pretty cars can be forgiven
We are glad to have you...Knowledge is king and mopar encompasses all body styles. Besides that we would have missed out on your milk crate story! LOL

-
Back