Closing threads to quick ?

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
There was a thread on bump steer and the building of a front end on the site.
I thought it was a good thread with some very imfomitive info.
It seemed like everybody was keeping their cool. Everybody had their own opinion,and was doing so in a fair way. Now the thread is closed.
Seemed to me the site jumped the gun on this one. But then again that's just my opinion.

I know, Iknow......Modding ain't easy. :D

Carry on.

JD

I closed it, pretty obvious, to me, that John is frustrated. If John wants me to re-open it he just has to say so......

Ok Ink, gotcha.
Hopefully John will reconsider and re-open it. There are plenty of members who applaud his work,and look forward to seeing how it turns out.

JD

He did not ask me. Just hate to see stuff get sideways.

Sideways CAN be cool.

Attachments

• MoparDrift08.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 176
I hate it when this happens.... I was watching that thread,but not commenting,and it looked to be very informative. John's a great guy.It's too bad the usual crowd steered it in a bad direction.

Maybe John could try again with a new thread? That would be perhaps better than opening the old one.

I hate it when this happens.... I was watching that thread,but not commenting,and it looked to be very informative. John's a great guy.It's too bad the usual crowd steered it in a bad direction.

Maybe John could try again with a new thread? That would be perhaps better than opening the old one.
Chances are it will be found again......

XS2 on that one. i was watching from a distance and i can see how John would be getting frustrated. i was very interested in what he is doing.

The thread is not deleted, just closed so the information is still there.....

I started it and saw the direction that it was going so Doug had the right call. I was not just the bump steer thread, it's a combination of all of my build threads and others on here. It seems like a few guys love picking anything apart and pushes people away without even giving it a chance. Like I said before, my goal is to make some parts cheaper than what big companies make out there and hopefully contribute a little. Thanks everyone.

Sounds to me like jealousy-some would rather run another's effort down than try to actually do something beneficial to the hobby. If the truth be known, I doubt if the prices John charges much more than pay for his materials and electricity to produce his parts, let alone anything for his time. It's guys like John that do this purely for the love of the hobby that give a lot of us the determination to keep plugging away to save some small part of our history. Thumbs up to you, some of us (probably most of us) admire you for what you are trying to do. Don't let a few armchair engineers that never have grease under thier fingernails get you down!

I started it and saw the direction that it was going so Doug had the right call. I was not just the bump steer thread, it's a combination of all of my build threads and others on here. It seems like a few guys love picking anything apart and pushes people away without even giving it a chance. Like I said before, my goal is to make some parts cheaper than what big companies make out there and hopefully contribute a little. Thanks everyone.

i missed it. was it a legit question about the stuff you make? if so i don't see a problem. answer it and move on. as long as its a legit question and answer whats the problem?

Sounds to me like jealousy-some would rather run another's effort down than try to actually do something beneficial to the hobby.

BINGO, I agree, I have read most of the threads John has done and am impressed with the work. I think some folks feel inferior if they don't understand it.

i missed it. was it a legit question about the stuff you make? if so i don't see a problem. answer it and move on. as long as its a legit question and answer whats the problem?
Was not so much of an answer the question but more of the beginnings of a gang rape....

Thanks rob for the new background for my computer lol .. I must have missed what happened lol Good luck on what ever it is .

I am suspicious of course...something smells about this to me. Why all the threads? Surely the work is well done. I have some and it's top notch John!

-
Back