Unpopular opinion. I'm so frustrated I hate car shows/cruises.

-
Wait, let me get this straight, you go to shows where the spectators vote on who gets class awards? I've never seen such a show and one wouldn't last beyond its first year if they did. I go to lots of shows and they are always participant votes or judged by some group without conflicts.

My big surprise this year was going to Moparfest in Ontario. Biggest Mopar show in Canada. Over 1500 cars on the showfield. No classes, no awards, no voting, no judging. A good time was had by all! I got to see 1500 Mopars that I had never seen before!

Oh and for the complainers about the Dead Pecker Bench crowd (I'm 67) I drove 6000 miles to that show, snagging one of the only prizes there - long distance, and spent quite a bit of time helping the first effort 19 year old next to me get his dead Duster running so he could get home (with a list of suggested work before he drove it again).
Moparfest is a great show.

That's awesome you helping that kid out. I remember 3 guys from the US helping my buddy Greig change the power steering hose on his GTX one year when it was spurting fluid all over his engine bay. By "helping" I mean they did the whole job after Greig found the part at a vendor.

These days I really seek out the younger folks working on old Mopars. After all that (what I then thought of as) old geezers did to help me build and fix my first Darts when I was in my teens and twentys, I figure I owe the "system" some pay back...

I think those guys were reeeally old, like in their 40s, maybe even 50s!!!

Yes alot of the shows I used to frequent were "spectator judged".

-
Back