Clutch adjustment for lakeland belhousing

-

Polsky79

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I'm getting ready to fire up my freshened up 340 but am not quite sure how to properly adjust the new mcleod clutch since I have a shatterproof bellhousing. Does anyone have any tips so I don't wear out my throwout bearing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adjust so the throwout bearing is not in constant contact with pressure plate. You don't want the throwout bearing spinning with the pressure plate. I looked in the clutch fork hole on my lakewood with a flash light and actually could see the distance between the two.
Guess I would say it's between 1/4" to 1/2"
Now there is a spring that connects there at the linkage that keeps constant pressure on the clutch fork in order to keep the throwout bearing away from the pressure plate. You do have that spring?

Last edited:
Adjust so the throwout bearing is not in constant contact with pressure plate. You don't what the throwout bearing spinning with the pressure plate. I looked in the clutch hole on my lakewood with a flash light and actually could see the distance between the two.
Guess I would say it's between 1/4" to 1/2"
Now there is a spring that connects there at the linkage that keeps constant pressure on the clutch fork in order to keep the throwout bearing away from the pressure plate. You do have that spring?
Yes, I have the spring but I do not see an inspection hole. I will look again when I get home. Thank you for the reply!

Just check the play at the pedal, should be 1/2"+ that's how I always checked mine, If you want to look inside look through the hole the fork goes through.

-
Back