CNC Intake

-
I havent used one, but I know of several people who do run them. They are decent. Chinese cast and machined, and occasionally there are problems with things like threads in bolt holes, etc..But for the $$, they arent a bad deal. They arent an Air Gap, but you can buy 2 for the price of an Edey.. They will also bolt directly to any head..magnum or LA. Just remember to plug that rear water port..lol.

You beat me to the punch Harrytoes. I was going to start a thread like this. I saw them too and thought the same thing myself since I'm needing a new intake and don't really have $225 for an Eddy. Hopefully some other guys will jump in here too that have run some of these and voice their opinions. The thing that really caught my eye was the fact you can bolt them to either LA or Magnum heads.

one thing about those china made stuff , we don't have to pay for all that R & D that edelbrock did or the quality control. i can't wait to see there $89.95 hi-perf cylinder heads that will fit mopar-gm-ford- & honda engines all under one part number! O-BOY!

Even Better We Might See If We Can Get A Job Application To Go Work Over There!

I have one- and have used a few different versions for other people projects-and their quality is improving. The first thing I do with them though is grind off "Made in China" to make myself feel better. Anyways- Its a decent intake- I used it on my 318 stroker 370hp/400tq. But one thing about the dual bolt pattern, is to use your throttle linkage you have to grind off part of the mag bolt pads. Also the intake ports aren't perfect- but for the price you don't have to feel bad about grinding on them.

The first one is my stroker powder coated with a satin clear, and the second one is a Chevy I'm building right now(not that you care about chevys) it has Eddy E-tec heads and should be around 500 hp. both have Pro-Products "Crosswind" intakes.

intake1.JPG

intake2.JPG

The 'crosswind' is a 'knock-off' of the Edelbrock RPM AirGap. I picked up a new AirGap at the Mopar Nats for 210.00. (Indy Cylinder Heads). Very good intake. Don't know the quality of casting consistancy or machining of the Chinese made piece. BJR, Rumblefish, Cheap...anyone out there ever put one of these on a flow bench to compare to the AirGap? Be very interesting, I believe. Terry.

No, I never have, if someone wanted to send me a intake to flow with the mods that are done to your heads so I can duplicate them and then flow the intake on them, this would be great. You would have to ship both ways and I'll do the flowing and send you the info.

BJR Racing

Just a rip-off copy of the Edelbrock Air-Gap.Im surprised Walmart does not sell them. Just grind off the made in China tag and that will restore your dignity. Yea right......Go buy a KIA

You want to be a little careful about purchasing casting from China especially aluminum. They are having a lot of quality control problems in their castings industry so much so that some of the Japanese and Korean suppliers are pulling work from China. The problem centers around voids within the aluminum walls that the naked eye can't see but eventually you'll have a hole. Personally I don't care where it's made but the quality had better be good and I'm sure that the Chinese will figure it out just like the Koreans and Japanese Industries did, all I'm saying is be careful. If you're checking out one of these manifolds look for tiny pin holes on the inner and outer walls, there could be a void very close to that pinhole.

Personally, I'm all for saving a buck, but I'm looking at `made in' tags more now. I'll spend a little more for our own, thank you; screw china -I'm shure they'll be first in line to help us-US- out, how many Chinese in Iraq??

I am using the Professional Products Crosswind intake on my 360. I specifically went with it because it had bolting provisions for both LA and magnum heads (I was planning to go magnum, and did, but wanted the option of using LA heads too).

If you park the Crosswind next to an Air Gap there are as many differences between the two manifolds as there are between any two brands. I don't think it's fair to call it a knock off. I have no idea about how it stacks up performance wise to the Air-Gap and I would love to see a comparison. If I had been concerned about making max horsepower I would have spent the extra bucks but since I wasn't the dual mounting provisions was a big plus over the Air-Gap.

I would love to spend all of my dollars in the US but in this day and age it's just not possible. As far as I know Edelbrock is the only out fit out there in the performance market that is exclusively making it's products in the US and I would not be a bit suprised if they get many parts and materials from overseas.

Bought a used Edelbrock Performer RPM off Craig's List for $100 around Xmas; not Chinese, no dual bolt patterns-but I am planning on building an econo 360 for the Dart over the Springtime (using 308 heads, '72 vintage SB). A few of the quips in this forum remind me why-after college and being a technician and consultant- I decided to go into plumbing :drinkers: . Once everybody free-trades, overly demands compensation from employers and/or employees, and destroys the market w/ overt government legislation...where is the economic base for N. America? Better have a career in something that can't be shipped out to "Bottom Dollar." Maybe someday China will open a 'worker's visa' program

-
Back