CNP igntion system idea

-

Mechanicgabe

Reaction score
Ive been scheming on trying something different and hopefully finding a low buck way to do ls coils on my rb. Looking for reasons it won't work or ideas, thoughts ect.

Electromotive 58 tooth crank trigger
Jeep cam sensor with bushing
Msd 6014
Ls coils

Why? Infinite timing adjustment, individual cylinder timing adjustment, adjustable dwell. Build preset maps and adjustment on laptop. Not to mention all the nitrous, rpm, ect adjustments. Could be cheaper than a dizzy, coil and msd box. From the looks of it, this box can see several different trigger types. The ls 24 tooth is funky but I don't think the 58 tooth (60-2) is odd. Not sure why what I'm suggesting wouldn't trigger the box. Rewire the harness to mopar firing order and then deal with home travel and tdc offset. I've been researching and tdc is suppose to be around the 12th or 13th tooth after the gap. Seems very possible and ls coils are cheap. Feel free to jump in

What is a "Jeep cam sensor?" Thought they were in the distributor for Dodge/ Jeep?

What is a "Jeep cam sensor?" Thought they were in the distributor for Dodge/ Jeep?
Jerry from Sdconcepts.com = cps bushing and he actually makes a 24x trigger with a ls trigger wheel too.
Ar engineering makes a bushing too for the 2000+ jeep 4.0l

I have a couple of Mopar big block engines with coil near plug. I use the cam sensor and 36-1 trigger wheel I make.
DSC_2296 (Large).JPG

I think the guy's over at the Megasquirt forum have been doing this on the cheap for years..

If I ever get around to it. I am going to use a GM LS computer, wireing harness, injectors and coils. You have to swap the coil and injector wires on cylinder 4 and 7. Then reprogram the LS computer.

Ive been scheming on trying something different and hopefully finding a low buck way to do ls coils on my rb. Looking for reasons it won't work or ideas, thoughts ect.

Electromotive 58 tooth crank trigger
Jeep cam sensor with bushing
Msd 6014
Ls coils

Why? Infinite timing adjustment, individual cylinder timing adjustment, adjustable dwell. Build preset maps and adjustment on laptop. Not to mention all the nitrous, rpm, ect adjustments. Could be cheaper than a dizzy, coil and msd box. From the looks of it, this box can see several different trigger types. The ls 24 tooth is funky but I don't think the 58 tooth (60-2) is odd. Not sure why what I'm suggesting wouldn't trigger the box. Rewire the harness to mopar firing order and then deal with home travel and tdc offset. I've been researching and tdc is suppose to be around the 12th or 13th tooth after the gap. Seems very possible and ls coils are cheap. Feel free to jump in

Sorry, I know this was a semi old thread. If you are going to go through the trouble, why not just do a complete conversion to EFI. Imagine the not only the timing control per cylinder, but also fuel control. The only true way to tune every cylinder is to install a O2 sensor in each header tube. While this isn't impossible, it could be a costly task. I've done the conversion using the LS coils and Jeep sensor on a small block. The car is almost on the road, so no real mileage, but I've run it in the garage a few times. I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.

Cop ignition is complete!!
New msd dis box
Holley smart coils
Msd dual sync dist with block off cap. Will be testing this weekend

-
Back