Cold Case radiator # mop 755k

-

Mydemons

Reaction score
Just a little heads up guys about Cold Case radiators I ordered the mop 755k if you've been looking at them at all you will know what that is I ordered this with the fan kit radiator shroud xcetera nice radiator bolted right in great Construction forget about the fan shroud in the electric fan they will not fit I have a 71 Dodge Demon with a 340 I called and emailed Cold Case several times before purchasing this never got any response back I use this website to try and get in touch with anybody from Cold Case and no responses I am out now a fan shroud along with the electric fan for $300 that will not fit in the car it does not clear by one inch from the front snout of the water pump to the radiator finally got through to them and they claim I should have used a 26-inch radiator in a 22 inch frame would have been nice to know from the get-go so just a little heads up about their customer service which is very poor I am keeping the radiator I have no choice so you may save a few bucks with Cold Case but in the end who knows what you're getting I don't think they know themselves thanks for all your help with everything else on the build of my car fabo

You didn't get any response before you bought it and you bought it anyway? It may be poor customer service, but it's also poor customer decision. You have skin in this game too. No way in hell will I spend that much on something without speaking to a live person. Ain't happenin.

I"m not sure I fully understand.

You got the radiator and you like the radiator. It bolted right up?

The problem you had was with the shroud and fan not fitting? right?

So I'll answer assuming I read this correctly.
1. A-bodies are notorious for having very little distance between the rad and the water pump. Since that model fits many A-bodies, it fits some models and not others. We haven't tested each application. Additionally if the motor or water pump has been swapped out, that's another possible fitment issue possibility.

We commonly recommend the 26" unit on the Duster and Demon because they fit in there decently, you get dual 12" fans and that gap between the 2 fans gives you just enough space.

2. We have a 60 day no questions asked guarantee! You are not stuck with anything! You can send back the fan and shroud kit for a refund. You can send it ALL back for a 26" replacement or you can send it all back for a full refund!

As far as getting bad service, that's the part that bothers me most. I don't want to make excuses but we in PA are on a state wide lock down. Our county was one of the original hit with the first few cases. We are allowed to come to work but we have taken major measures to protect our staff. 1/2 the staff is working from home. In the last 2 weeks we've been figuring out how to distribute the tech and sales calls to the remote staff while the remaining staff was overwhelmed. It sure sounds like you just happened to get caught in all of that.

That being said, I myself and one other staff member monitor these forums on a daily basis. I have been available each day for the last 2 years! So you basically have curb side service! lol. Seriously, PM me and we'll get you taken care of. :)

Everybody stay safe!

Chris

Thanks for your reply all I'm not disputing the fact of the quality of the radiator which is great I would buy one again I am disputing the fact that I wish you would revise your website to include these facts on the applications for this car I bought this radiator fan shroud fan relay kit through Jegs returning was going to be a hassle I am going to modify the aluminum shroud that I bought to work with my mechanical fan my point being I'm just trying to save your company and the next guy down the line a lot of Heartache return hassle cost time Etc and thank you once again for your reply

15858616295627523273730619421226.jpg

Thanks for your reply all I'm not disputing the fact of the quality of the radiator which is great I would buy one again I am disputing the fact that I wish you would revise your website to include these facts on the applications for this car I bought this radiator fan shroud fan relay kit through Jegs returning was going to be a hassle I am going to modify the aluminum shroud that I bought to work with my mechanical fan my point being I'm just trying to save your company and the next guy down the line a lot of Heartache return hassle cost time Etc and thank you once again for your reply

View attachment 1715499132

That fan is too close for me. I’d put a 7 blade stainless steel fan in it, forget about the shroud and run it.

Thank you for the advice I am experiencing cooling problems she wants to run at 210 constant all the time engine is a 340 / 372 Stroker with a big cam 180 tstat new high volume flow water pump just put the car on the road three days ago 30 mile road time trying to nail down the problem anything's worth a try at this point

timing? air fuel ratio?
I have adjusted my timing until I am blue in the face every way shape or form plugs are running a nice saddle tan and even in color I am running a 650 CFM AVS Edelbrock I do not have an air fuel ratio meter in the car she does want to diesel once she hits 210 and I try to shut her down I have tried running the vacuum advance seems to make the car ping worse then when I do not run the advance I have tried both ports on the carburetor doesn't seem to make much of a difference

View attachment 1715499132

Are those March pulleys? Either way they dont look factory, which changes the game on fitment. As far as cooling issues go, how big is your water pump pulley compared to your crank pulley? It needs to be about 20% smaller to be effective.

Are those March pulleys? Either way they dont look factory, which changes the game on fitment. As far as cooling issues go, how big is your water pump pulley compared to your crank pulley? It needs to be about 20% smaller to be effective.
They are CVF pulleys they all lined up perfectly with the alternator and power steering the water pump pulley was identical to the factory one the crank pulley was smaller than the factory one I went off of their website what they said was a direct replacement for this application

They are CVF pulleys they all lined up perfectly with the alternator and power steering the water pump pulley was identical to the factory one the crank pulley was smaller than the factory one I went off of their website what they said was a direct replacement for this application

If this is true, you are underdriving the water pump and that is a big NO NO. Call CFV back and either get a bigger crank pulley, a smaller water pump pulley or both.

Chrylser says for maximum cooling the water pump should be turning 20% faster than crank speed. I use CFV pulleys and all I could get is 6% over so at least you can get that.

Working on a deal to get a pulley or pulleys to get up to 25% over, but that’s a few months away.

You have a high flow water pump. Did you also install a matching high flow thermostat as well? The high flow water pump without the high flow thermostat is almost not doing anything. You need to make the hole in the water outlet bigger if you expect to get more water through it.

You have a high flow water pump. Did you also install a matching high flow thermostat as well? The high flow water pump without the high flow thermostat is almost not doing anything. You need to make the hole in the water outlet bigger if you expect to get more water through it.

Well there you go. That smaller crank pulley cancels out your high flow water pump. Also, as I stated about the thermostat, unless it's a high flow thermostat, you're backing up with both pieces. No wonder it's trying to run hot.

I did think it was quite odd that the crank pulley was considerably smaller than the factory crank pulley this is something I guess I very much overlooked the water pump pulley is 6 in across the crank pulley is 5 inches across

15858669508592411661985836098759.jpg

I would buy one again I am disputing the fact that I wish you would revise your website to include these facts on the applications for this car I bought this radiator fan shroud fan relay kit through Jegs returning was going to be a hassle I am going to modify the aluminum shroud that I bought to work with my mechanical fan my point being
100% agree with you! We are constantly trying to add more and more tech info on the website. We would love to get the knowledge we all have in our heads, on our website, it would save us a fortune in Tech support calls and we'd sell more radiators! :) It's just that there are so many nuances for every owner that we just don't think we will ever get it 100% online but I can promise you we are going to try! :)

I understand about the hassle. It is a hassle no doubt. However, that policy extends to our dealers for refunds. For exchanges, you can do that directly through us even though you purchased from Jeg's.

Normally, we also attend a bunch of shows year round and returns can be arranged at one of those shows if you let us no in advance. That kind of lowers the hassle factor. :)

Anyway, just PM me if I can help you in any way.

-
Back