Color combo?

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
not at trhe painting stage, but i want to choose what my car will be when i finish it. when i 1st picked up my dart, i was thinkin plum crazy puple, black bumblebee stripe, black vinyl roof, and maybe a blacked out hood (between the fins, not the whole hood).however im also likin sassy grass green or hemi orange with the same black treatment.

anyone got some pics of a 70-72 dart with an interesting color combo plz post id love to see how my car can turn out!

This is not with black accents but its nice in my opinion. Since this car was original from the factory with a black top, blue interior, and beige paint it needed something. Wel, it got it.
Chas.

new car pics 015.JPG

new car pics 019.JPG

new car pics 055.JPG

Hey 73charger, here's the '70 Dart our club built last year as our charity project car. Doesn't have the black you're talking about, but pretty good looking in 'Plum Crazy' and white interior and top.

1970_Dodge_Dart_Swinger_built_by_Inland_Mopars (Small).jpg

Everyone paints their cars plum crazy,orange,limelight,and sassy grass.How about Burnt orange,B7 Blue,gun metal,or something else alittle different.

I'll always be partial to the combo my grandpa's last car, a '72 Dart Custom, had: Y2 Sun Fire (light) yellow exterior with green interior. But ocdart, that has to be one of the nicest Plum Crazy jobs I've seen — looks terrific!

i was gonna enter to win that dart back when you had the raffle! i dnt mind bout really bein original in my paint job, just something cool and nice. high impact colors jus work well for it!

Well....Glad you asked.lol. It's taken 6+ years, but I'll be getting the Dart painted later this year. Instead of the usual high-impact colors, I've been gravitating towards a darker green (somewhere in between F6/F-8 )...Black vinyl top, black bumblebee stripe, etc. I agree 68383GTS...Too many sublime/HEMI Orange '70 Darts out there IMO. By the way...I found these pics online a while ago (don't remember where), and I have no idea what color this is. I know it's not F8 as it's not dark enough...Don't think it's F6. Custom color perhaps?

21837_267459577606_670167606_3384620_5513543_n.jpg

21837_267459587606_670167606_3384621_2565940_n.jpg

ya know, casey, it goes against all me previous paint thoughts, but i like the all black with the white stripe. changes my whole perspective. but i also like the FC7, that was my original plan. FC7 with a blacked out grill like on that last black one

ya know, casey, it goes against all me previous paint thoughts, but i like the all black with the white stripe. changes my whole perspective. but i also like the FC7, that was my original plan. FC7 with a blacked out grill like on that last black one

Yeah, that black (TX9) Dart with the white stripe is sick!!!! With or without a vinyl top. I would definitely paint my Dart TX9 if all the sheet metal was just a tad straighter.lol

now thats what i call an interesting paint job. i like that flame treatment on the stripe. airbrushed i assume? anway thats a pretty cool look, im on the fence on whether i wanna keep yellow or not

One combo I never have seen on an A-Body is FY1 with a red bumblebee stripe...My fav. car growing up was Don Little's A/SA HEMI 'Cuda...I loved that look, just not sure if it would translate well to an A-Body...

Don-Little-woodburn-3.jpg

cud.jpg

-
Back