Comfort food

-

TylerW

Reaction score
Hey guys:

I know a lot of people are going through tough times here so I thought I would create this thread to lighten the mood a bit and make folks think of better things for a bit.

What is your favorite comfort food? The meal or snack that you would look forward to the very most after a tough day or something of the like. Doesn't have to be a home made meal or even a meal, as long as it isn't consumed out of a bottle or can.

Mine is Kraft Mac n Cheese Spirals, with a side of cheese sticks and honey-mustard dipping sauce, washed down with several glasses of milk.

Sure, it's terrible for you, but I don't care. It's my treat for myself and only occasionally.

BACON!!!!!!!!!!!

Courtesy of "Ends and Pieces" its semi cheap too :)

one of my favs to make and eat is sausage gravy and wheat biscuits

don't have it too often, but might have to make some next weekend

breakfast burritos. smoked turkey, ham, sausage, or (and) bacon. hashbrowns. onions, cheese, mushrooms, eggs. throw some salsa on top. yummy sometimes I will get a little crazy and put sriracha on top of the salsa.

I make a batch of these chewy chocolate cookies, refrigerate it and have two or three every night with cold milk.

My Taco Meat loaf, Meat loaf mix (Beef,veal & Pork) With taco seasoning roll it flat on wax paper. Layer it with 3 Mexican blend cheese and rough crushed tortilla chips. Roll it up, pinch the ends, bake it and then top it with warm salsa. Serve with homemade corn bread,roasted garlic mashed potatoes and a cold beverage of your choice. Now I'm Hungry!

My Taco Meat loaf, Meat loaf mix (Beef,veal & Pork) With taco seasoning roll it flat on wax paper. Layer it with 3 Mexican blend cheese and rough crushed tortilla chips. Roll it up, pinch the ends, bake it and then top it with warm salsa. Serve with homemade corn bread,roasted garlic mashed potatoes and a cold beverage of your choice. Now I'm Hungry!

Gee thanks a lot now I am hungry too.

Beans & cornbread with fried taters- close second is biscuits and gravy.

American by birth- Southern by the grace of God!

Beans & cornbread with fried taters- close second is biscuits and gravy.

American by birth- Southern by the grace of God!

It's a Southern Tradition. That is what we eat and might be eating more here soon.

I'm easy a big bowl of ice cream and I'm happy.

MrFT send me the recipe for your meat loaf it sounds great gotta give it a try.

Costco dipped ice cream bar or KFC original recipe thighs. Eat either and your set for about a month until the next craving. Home made has to be my Moms cucumber salad....

As much as food cost anymore it isn't so comforting anymore...LOL
Nacho cheese and chips,Chili,Ice cream,homemade mac and cheese,oh and pizza.

Meat loaf with lots of ketchup baked on top with mashed potatoes, biscuits, green beans and corn together with lots of butter. And a big glass of ice tea.

My Grandmothers goulosh and spiced cabbage, my wife makes it as good as her! Maybe thats why I married her..LOL

I like slaw with it too. Pintos are best with Great northerns with ham a close second.

Hamhocks give it more flavor. Homemade Chow Chow to go with it. Damn I am ready to naw on the table here.

-
Back