confused?

-
Reaction score
have a 65 barracuda 904 trans putting in a 8.75 rear i know i have to shorten the drive shaft but wanted to change to a slip yoke so i bought a yoke that converted to this style. problem is the trunion style yoke with nut on end is very short about 1.5 inch the new yoke is about 5 in long theres no way this will work is there a few differnt 904s? its a v8 and had always been one from the factory need help guys thanks jim

I think 65-66 used bolt in yokes if i recall correctly but not 100% and the later years they switched to the slip yoke. You either have to change the output shaft or the transmission.

Has anyone here on the board built and used a set up like this? Is the front yoke a slip joint? It says that on chart, but??

I don't know what parts you have or what you are trying to do

So far as I know, there are only two ways to convert to a slip yoke from the old trunnion / bolt on

1......Get the parts to convert your transmission to a slip yoke, IE mainshaft and tail housing and other needed parts, OR a later transmission

2....Leave the bolt on flange on the transmission, and have a new shaft made which has a slip yoke ASSEMBLY built into the shaft. This shaft will then bolt up to your original rear drive flange.

Like below

Ball%20and%20Trunion%20partSmall.jpg

UjF04.jpg

-
Back