Considering relocating to Texas

-
I spent a year in Houston one week .
Lol Too bad Colorado is getting so populated... Idaho is heading down the same path . I never thought of Texas as culturely diverse and accepting. But I dont live there ...
Cost of living in Colorado $$$

^^^Sounds like you have found a good home.
Yes people are people, and the cream will always come to the top and the chit will always stink!

Austin is the place for "many" good high paying jobs!!! Make sure to bring many guns.....it's a Texas thing!! Austin is centrally located and there are tons of things to do within a few (300 miles or less). Colorado is beautiful buy very cold, Austin is hot most of the year.

Bet you don’t want to hear “OOPS” when working at the Pantex Plant.

Cheaper than Idaho and better wages. My daughter moved there and my son is soon .

Wow really? I got curious and searched this real quick: Cost of living in Idaho (US) compared to Colorado (US)

Is it urban Idaho vs. rural Colorado? I know the popular places like Denver, Boulder, Fort Collins etc are super expensive and really hard to find housing in even if you have a lot of money but generally as you get further away from the Rockies and more populated areas things get more affordable.

Try to find a decent home anywhere in Idaho under $300k . Then factor in how your going making a living in 90% of the small towns . One that pays enough to pay for that house .

Try to find a decent home anywhere in Idaho under $300k . Then factor in how your going making a living in 90% of the small towns . One that pays enough to pay for that house .

I mean, same deal in CO except all the decent homes are $500k and over instead and there are hardly any jobs or homes available to begin with because everyone has been trying to move there for the past 5 years. What part of CO are your kids in/moving to?

People I meet here wonder why I moved from there to Georgia of all places and it's like "you have no idea, where do I start..." LOL

hard for me to leave Dirtbiking , elk hunting , camping , skiing … all the things I love . Luckily we ripped a house by the river in 2016 that is pushing 1 million now. But kids need to be able to afford homes too …

A guy once asked WHY I live in the country....I just said: I have seen the city!" Same can be said for the Small Town, America.

But IF you live in the country or small town YOU better own a large farm/ranch, decent business OR live in driving distance of a city with JOBS! ....OR be retired!!!!

But maybe after Covid , maybe many can work from home until the employer figures out this ain't what it should be maybe!??

A guy once asked WHY I live in the country....I just said: I have seen the city!" Same can be said for the Small Town, America.

But IF you live in the country or small town YOU better own a large farm/ranch, decent business OR live in driving distance of a city with JOBS! ....OR be retired!!!!

But maybe after Covid , maybe many can work from home until the employer figures out this ain't what it should be maybe!??
Well, if u are fortunate enough to be able to make a living in the Country, good for you. My Congratulations. Unfortunately for many of us, Like me, we have to do the Dew in the City in order to make enough $$$ to move where we wish to live. After 50 years Im in that position. Bought my Cracker box in East side of Seattle for a hair over $100k. Now its worth $500k+. The PROPERTY is, my House is basically a tear down. Im in I.T. working REMOTE for the last 3 years, going to do a reverse mortgage when the time is right, then sell when I like the market rates & move to the COUNTRY, around here thats called the Olympic Peninsula ....lol

For now, our "overtaxed" State, (hardly), also grants Seniors massive discounted rates on Property taxes when we fully retire, so Ill pay next to NOTHING while riding the Reverse into the Sunset. :thumbsup:

-
Back