Control Freak Suspension

-
I bought one years back trying to save a few bucks over the alterkation. I wouldn't do it again. It's installed, but still never been on the road.
-Jon

I have the chance to pick up a 4 link rear end set up for a very cheep price, wondering if I should go for it or not !

What car do you have?What are your intentions? Drag race,road race or just daily driver?

Car is a '69 340 GTS, intentions - PLAY on the street as well as occasional at the track ! NOT a DD ! Part of the idea is to also free up some space so I can get a larger tire under the car without cutting ! I've also entertained the idea of relocating the leaf springs !

i did it( rear triangulated 4 link).it went well.they were decent to deal with and made a deal over the phone. i just took the rear and bars out to remove overspray (paints done).with inner tubs to the frame rails i comfortably fit 325's (15x10) with 5" backspace inside the fenders.

Attachments

• 20140423_171253.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 497
  • 20140423_171304.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 500
i did it( rear triangulated 4 link).it went well.they were decent to deal with and made a deal over the phone. i just took the rear and bars out to remove overspray (paints done).with inner tubs to the frame rails i comfortably fit 325's (15x10) with 5" backspace inside the fenders.

Thanks, that makes me feel a little better about this !!!

Anyone have any experience with these people ? Pros / Cons ?

http://www.freakride.com/product/mopar-4-link-coil-over-rear-suspension-systems-copy/

:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

the front set up were a copy of the alter-k-tion many years ago.. i remember a guy on moparts that owned a blue dart bragging how he bought an ater-k and had his buddy copy it in round tube instead of square. the alter-k has been updated many times since the version they copied. i figure they didn't know anything but to copy another persons product that they probably didn't update the set up since that old version either..

i'd pass. go buy the real deal.. call RMS and be done. you won't regret that decision thats for sure.

a rear set up i have no idea about their stuff.. RMS sells a tiangulted 4 link too though.. :)

no problem,this is how it sits with rear shock simulators set at 10.5" ride height and an HDK front end at 11".the cragars came off after the paint ,but those tires are going back on.with the control freak system raised one hole (or a taller shock/spring) and the 2" narrow i already have ,it looks like 390's are possible

Attachments

• 20150717_170953.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 482
Did someone mention 390's..............with room to spare.

Attachments

• DSC00224.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 441
  • DSC00215.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 448
What car do you have?What are your intentions? Drag race,road race or just daily driver?
Are they legal in Ontario for street cars ? I know a few people changed out those suspensions for stock setup here in Quebec to get the plates , would not pass inspection with the 4-link rear suspension . T

-
Back