Convertible Tops and Interior.....Who to buy from?

-

GT532

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a 1968 Dart rag that I am building and I am at the point where I am ready to purchase and install:

1) New Convertible top
2) New tonneau cover for top (attached to back seat)
3) New skins for front and rear seats

I would like to buy all the parts from one supplier for consistency, if possible but not sure where to look.

I would really appreciate if any of you could recommend some suppliers.

Do any of you have any personal good or bad experiences with certain suppliers?

Is there anything I should look out for in the buying or installing process?

Thanks so much in advance!

Cheers,

GT

I would get the interior & boot from Legendary

The top I would have a good installer do it and let them buy from who they can get a good top from.

My top is from EZ-TOP in Greenville, SC. And it is a cloth top, no wrinkles and looks great. If you are spendinng the money to buy a new top and have not installed tops before, SPEND THE MONEY TO HAVE IT DONE RIGHT. The shape for the top corners in the back are hard to get right, nothing worse than a new wrinkled top and no way to fix.

Make sure you read the thread on the wires on the tack bow in convertible section

First off...welcome aboard, you will really like this forum. Mopar upholstery and soft trim is almost all manufactured by Legendary...no matter who sells it, be it Year one, Paddock, and so on. deal with them directly and save the middle man mark up.

Robbins is the best top on the market, but I don't know if anybody has the correct rear curtain glass. We had somebody remake our rear curtain with the glass that was replaced in the 1970s.

I have a robins top and I like it, it is heavier than any of my others.

On your 68 make sure your gutter is smooth and without holes before you install the top.

I am referring to the metal troff around the back bottom edge of the rear window area.

You cant see it or feel it unless the top is down or off, but it catches water from the back of the top and dumps it down the sides inside the car. and it usually is rusty and leaks.

Another point at Legendary for the interior. My vinyl conv' top came from Electron Tops only because the professional installer recommended their product.

Robbins is the best top on the market, but I don't know if anybody has the correct rear curtain glass. We had somebody remake our rear curtain with the glass that was replaced in the 1970s.

I had to send my glass to the top people to get it right. They said they didn't have a pattern. Told them to use my glass and make a pattern, don't know if they did. Check with EZ Top in Greenville and see if they have it.

Since I didn't go original don't know about the grain pattern, but would guess they have the right stuff.

IF you have the correct rear glass save it to get rear curtain made

My 2 Cents

Hi All,

Thanks so much for all of your responses. Looks like Legendary is a strong favorite. I went to the Robbins website, but very little info and no pricing?

Does legendary ever give out promo codes?

Thanks again!

GT

Here is a snapshot by the way.

Attachments

• IMG_0040.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 300
On your 68 make sure your gutter is smooth and without holes before you install the top.

I am referring to the metal troff around the back bottom edge of the rear window area.

You cant see it or feel it unless the top is down or off, but it catches water from the back of the top and dumps it down the sides inside the car. and it usually is rusty and leaks.

X2 on the gutter-definately check this area when top is off. Mine has rust holes that need repair. I don't drive in rain but if it does catch me off guard... I just throw a towel down. Waiting to replace the top before I fix as the area will be easier to access.

-
Back