convertible w/shield lock strip

-

42willys

Reaction score
Any body know where you can get a repop lock strip for a 67 dart convert w/shield?? or can I use the strupp that comes in a roll that's on ebay>>>
anybody got a new or repop lock strip????

YearOne has the "almost-correct" stuff...its the closest to the original that I have found. My car came to me with the original lockstrip intact, except for the foil was peeling off all over. The EBay stuff on a roll is NOT correct. YearOne shipped mine to me in a long tube, cause if you try and roll it up, you'll bend or break it. See attached pic to see difference between original stuff and YO stuff.

Layson's may have it too. Check with Rick here on the site.

This is a 1 year only part, so don't get confused with the "one-part-fits-all" lockstrip.

Orig & YO-LSsml.JPG

Does anyone know if the strip from Year One actually shrinks. I heard some of the repop stuff on ebay shrinks. I do not want to pay the money for year one and end up with too short of a piece.

Does anyone know if the strip from Year One actually shrinks. I heard some of the repop stuff on ebay shrinks. I do not want to pay the money for year one and end up with too short of a piece.

Well, mine is about 2 years old, and hasn't shrunk...yet!!! (hopefully never does!!!) She normally sits in a dark garage (not temp.controlled) when she's sleeping, but I do take 'er out once in a while.

...and again, the ebay "one-size-fits-all" stuff on a roll is NOT correct for a 1967 A body convertible. LOOK at the pic above! The ebay stuff does not look like that!

Not one year only.....all a body converts from 67 to 69 had the same strip.
I am getting ready to do a conversion from plastic to stainless using the bottom stainless strip off a 68 up a body. I have the same plastic strip on the wifes 69 convert cuda.

It is also peeling and short. So I looked at the stainless one and put it on the car...mock up. anyway It looks like with some glue/clips it would work and look miles better.

Once I get to my wifes car.....in July, I will post.

Mop

-
Back