convince me that i need a 66 cuda

-

737jetdr

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. looking at a clean 66 cuda. lets see some pics of the early cudas so I can convince myself to buy it. always been partial to the 67-69 cudas but every now and then you come across a car that just grabs you. I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about.

Do a search for the Mopar gassers thread, some very cool pics posted there sorry I don't know how to post a link. The car in my sig is a 66.:-D

why do we need to convince u? im guessing that u posted it to get more hyped up then u already are which is alot!!

haha

trying to come up with an excuse the wife hasn't heard before as to why I need to bring something else home to work on. I am slowly becoming a mopar hoarder. she usually tells me to finish 1 first before I bring home another but are our rides ever really finished???

If you are looking to resale later I would reconsider. There are 3 really solid 65-66 cudas for a decent price here that can't sell. I would buy because you like the style. They are actually growing on me. Do what you want.

Okay man you really NEED that cuda. Now go and buy it, put it in the garage and then tell the wife it's an investment that's better than anything on the stock market.

Lots of good points. I like the approval. already have a 67 dart and a 72 in the garage. Both need body work and paint and I suck at both. I really want something cool to drive while I work on the others. For what this one costs I wont lose my money.

Hey if you arent going to lose any money then what are you waiting for??

Mine and a few other photos are posted in the Early A-body section under the thread: "Finally I have a photo to post". If you need to convince the wife, tell Her it's the '66 Barracuda or you're going to get into the Yugo restoration business!
Mark

'66's are very sturdy and nimble...in my opinion more so than the 2nd generation. Be sure to thoroughly check the cowl area for rust. A small mirror comes in handy. Also if your arm is not too big you can reach up the fresh air vent boxes and feel around for rust.

Buy it for her. You already have two Mopars. She'll let you get it then.
Once she finds out how cool it is to own a Mopar she won't have a problem
with you spending some money on your two. Good luck. toolman

If the car GRABS YOU then GRAB IT! You'll be kicking yourself later if you don't. Besides, who wouldn't want a '66?

alright. after much debate I am in negotiations to purchase the 66 cuda. I will keep you all informed of my progress. I am lucky that my wife likes mopars.

The 66 in my avatar is MY wifes car, and she loves it. It turns heads wherever she goes, it is just the right size for her to handle, and it's extra cool when you got the only one in attendance at most shows. Couple that with how easy they are to work on, and how much fun they are to drive and I think your wife will get the picture that these are great little cars. If you'd like pics, send me you email address and I'll send y'all a few, they are too big to post here. Bring home the "fish", this is one fish she won't mind cleaning!!!LOL!!! Geof

2777389549_420ba7bd53_b.jpg

Buy it because everybody can has a Mustang but not a BaRaCuDa. Just get it and park it in front of the house.

I still have a dump truck that my wife hasn't realized is here yet and she drives within 20 feet of it everyday. It has been here 6 weeks. They are both in plain sight and I am going to wait to see how long it is before she figures out I have a matching pair of them.

watch the sand running thru the hour glass with each grain you feel sleepyer and sleepyer and now you arein a hypnotic trance :clock: YOU MUST HAVE A 66 barracuda!!! When you hear the sound of the microwwave you will awaken and be completly convinced that you MUST HAVE a 66 barracuda :violent2: I gave mine to Pop's so I need another 66 barracuda

-
Back