Cool cars you found but owner wouldn't sell !

-
when I was 17 I was dirt biking on a dirt road and I saw a flash of white and blue! I turn around and go up this long driveway,I knock on the door and sure enough he"has all the new parts downstairs and he dosnt want to sell.It was a white with black stripe,1971 challenger sunroof car R/t 383 4 speed.flash forward to now,I bought a house with my wife and its been 29 years ,the car is literly a mile down the road and I go bye it everyday and it know is rust colored ,sadly it can not be saved now.

There is a 1967 dodge coronet all original survivor hemi four speed car in a small one car garage just 5 miles down my road.

I also have one that ended with a happy ending.I was looking for a car about 9 years ago and I was looking in the classifieds section in my local paper when I found a ad just saying"1966 dodge coronet" that's all it said.I called and sure enough it was not even a mile down my road.I went and I was thrilled ,it was sitting under a maple tree in this guys backyard.It had a diamond tuff bench seat from a Cordoba and green int.It had org. paint and was in very nice shape.It was a 2 door post sedan white coronet.He wanted 1,100 for it.he had brand new quarters in a box that he said came with it.I asked him he he could return them and lower the price. sure enough 2 days later he said 'OK' I returned them now come and get it"I ended up getting the car for $600 I drove it for 5 years with the little 225 slant and the diamond tuff int. and the org. paint.after 5 years I redid all of the int. in black and put a radio delete plate in it,a100 seats with brackets and even though its not correct I put a 426 max wedge engine in it. It still has its org paint today.

Two guys, locally ,drove me almost crazy for about 10 years .I had owned this car for almost 20 years , was kepted in my garage two car covers on it , needed nothing , i had built a new home had a new baby girl , just could not afford to drive it .One night in 1998 i was on my sit on lawn mower , one of them drove in with 12,500 and i got pissed off and sold it .I was just fed up .

Attachments

• Rickey Car (800x538) (640x430).jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 424
Some years ago I was at a wineyard in southern Germany. Smoking was forbidden at the restaurant, so I went out and made a little walk around the house. At the backyard was an old horse stable, and one window was alittle bit opened. I looked inside and saw an old Mercedes 280 SE 3.5 Coupe of 1969. There was only a small door, no barn doors, and the car was filled with farm equipment and a lot of winebottles.
I asked for the owner - he was nearly 80 years old and I asked for selling the car. He told, this was the car of his wife that died in mid 70th. He won´t sell it, never.
It was a shame to see that beauty locked like...

That´s how this looked like...

HBpN4xFC_Pxgen_r_Ax541.jpg

when I was about 16 there was a new 1965 Chevelle Malibu sitting in a garage a few blocks from where my Dad's house was.. I knew it was a Chevelle because the garage which was on the side street from the house was open about 3 feet as we drove by one day and I could see a fender..some time later I saw the owners wife one day and asked her about selling the car and she said her husband had been ill for a long time and would never sell.. that car was in that garage many years without moving..much later when I was in my 30's I passed that house and there was a garage sale ..I stopped and spoke with the owners sister ..she said her brother had died and they were selling everything ...but the car .. her 18 year old son was taking that .. i asked if I could see it and she said the garage door was stuck and the side door was locked and her son had the keys ..a couple weeks later after leaving my fathers I drove past the house and the kid was outside ..I stopped to talk to him ..he said I could see the car but he wasn't selling it .. he had repaired the door and when he opened it there was the car ..fully covered all but that maroon left fender and a piece of the grill and bumper that I saw years earlier ..we pulled off the cover and there sat a pristine 65 Chevelle .. 4 DOOR ..this car I had thought about countless times turned out to be a too many door bust ...long story but took me about twenty years to live it

1974 Photo,

1970 'Duster 340', NHRA Class SS/IA

The car ran within .15 of the record (11.50's), and I made every offer humanly possible.

Wouldn't sell.

file.php

69 Charger 383, buckets, console, parked in 1978 because it jumped time, belongs to a friend of mine's dad, you can put your hand through the top anywhere you want since the vinyl rotted off, it's so rusty the back seat fram is rusted out.

Attachments

• DSCF0034.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 407
I don't have pictures any more but I know where there is a real 1970 cuda 440 six pack pistol grip cuda. Its sublime with a shaker hood, its been sitting behind the same barn since 1986, guy wont sell but does keep it on blocks and covered up. I once took him 10k in cash and he said he would "give" it to his nephew's before he would sell it.

My buddy was on a hunting trip a couple years ago, and ran across this yard full of a bodies just sitting outside in the weather, he asked the owner if he would sell the 68 383 GTS , and the owner said he wasn't ready to sell yet. Notice the GTS has the very rare nose cone in the grille, what a shame, too bad they weren't at least covered up!

View attachment IMG_2562.jpg

Around 1980 we found a 29 000 mile Hemi Cuda parked in a guys back yard, he was cutting the lawn, we asked him if he would sell it. he said sure for $10 000. We thought it would never be worth that much and we were 17 so it might as well have been a million. He still has the car. Years later we ran across a 67 Hemi GTX convertible with a 4 speed rotting in a back yard, no amount of money would buy it.

I started to ask this original owner about his 1965 Dodge Dart 270 4 dr sedan. He bought it brand new after his brand new 1965 Dart was rear ended!
This car was a keeper and would never ever be up for sale! He used it for hauling cars to his wrecking yard from 1965 to 1988. I called him once a year from 1988 up to 2005 when he called me!!!!

Well, it's better you come and get your car. I'm ready to sell and if you want it you can have it!

Next weekend me, by son Kevin and my brother in law took a ride and picked it up.

Attachments

• Moparbilder 072.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 348
  • Moparbilder 074.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 354
I found a 1962 Pontiac Ventura 2 door bubble top. This was back in 1998. The owner wasn't interested in selling at my offer of $30,000 cash. Would have been a great driver. I heard he recently sold it for much less.

My buddy was on a hunting trip a couple years ago, and ran across this yard full of a bodies just sitting outside in the weather, he asked the owner if he would sell the 68 383 GTS , and the owner said he wasn't ready to sell yet. Notice the GTS has the very rare nose cone in the grille, what a shame, too bad they weren't at least covered up!

View attachment 1714591813

Damn.. Soo many nice Cuda's in that yard.

Not for sale , not for sale ! BAH !

Attachments

• DSCF0701.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 316
  • DSCF1001.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 325
  • DSCF0725.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 329
  • DSCF0070_0163_163.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 326
A few more not for sale

Attachments

• 017_17 (2).jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 329
  • DSCF0077_0157_157.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 322
  • DSCF0711.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 318
  • DSCF0703.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 316
I guess I'm one of those owners. Bought this when I was 16, 24 now, as a parts car for my other formula s. Was 100 percent complete.
68 formula s 340 4 speed. Power steering, power brakes, black interior, 8 3/4 3.55 posi
S5001682_zps496609bc.jpg

S5001686_zps0397c8b5.jpg

I did move it though,lol. My new 24x41 shop is the car sits now

Got a friend who has a true M Code 69 Cuda. He knows what he has and won't sell it. Gonna "fix it up" one day. It's sitting outside beside the detached garage rotting away while his 2 or 3 riding mowers sit inside. Got another friend who has a pair of 67 Chargers - at least they are inside the garage.

back in the late 70's there was a guy in college park Md Had an AAR cuda sitting the back yard away from eyes and between 2 other nothing cars. it had some issues hood was cracking a bit. He had the 15" rallye's, exhaust, tips and intake system in the house. said it was his sons cars who got killed in Nam was happy to show the car stuff but NOT for sale. Sat there for years then one day in the mid 80's it was gone. Then there was the blue 68 Hemi road runner in a field rotting away near the coast in Delaware again late 70's.
there are many others but these stand out.

My Duster has been sitting outside my home under a car cover for over a year. It is still all there but I need to get moving on it soon or Mother Earth will start to reclaim it. I am planning on starting a restoration this spring.

'88 Isuzu Impulse Turbo
'86 Shelby Omni
'91 Isuzu Impulse RS

All three went to the crushers. :sad2:

Most recent car I found was a one owner M code Dart. The car had been sitting outside for years. I finally talked to the owner and it became obvious that it would never be for sale. The guys a little "off" mentally and also thinks its worth half a million cause they only made "10 of them". I just happily listened to his stories about the Dart and told him if he needed any parts or help to get it running again to call me. Said he wasn't going to worry about any of that "as his kids can fight over it when he's dead and they can get it running". They moved recently and took the car with them so hopefully it at least went into a garage somewhere.

-
Back