Cool cars you found but owner wouldn't sell !

-
Two of them and they were both e bodies. One a 70 Barracuda convertible 6cyl. Sat under a carport for years. They would not sell it. Then it go pushed out in the yard so a Trans Am could take its spot. Still would not sell it. Eventually it was gone but do not know what happened to it.
The other a 71 Barracuda Grand coupe. It sat in an apartment complex parking lot with the engine pulled for many years.The guy wouldn't sell it because he was going to get to it one day. The 440 sat in the living room of the apartment. He was more interested in getting stoned then getting to the car though. Fast forward 20 years later and I stop by a friends body shop. There sits the Grande Coupe. Seems the guy went to jail, wife got it in the divorce and it sat in her backyard for about that many years. She finally got tired of it being there and called him up. Told him he could have it, just get it out of the yard. He did give her some bucks for ti though, said he didn't feel right just taking it and she was a friend. At least it will live to see another day it.
Then of course there is mine that I have had apart since 87. At least it has been garaged all these years and I do make progress on it every now and then.

Early Demon not to far form here. Sitting in front of a house. Has not moved in a couple of years. Talked to a lady on the property one day. Her sons car. Has had it for 10 years, other then moving it the drive way he has never driven it, apparently he is a bit of a drunk and does not have a license. She told me that people stop by a couple times a month and he will not sell it. Big block/auto/8.75, no bubbles or nothing, just faded paint.....

Back on my hometown there's a '69 Superbee sitting in a tiny shed that the car barely fits in. No way to even work on the car in there and the door is now covered by barn roofing tin so I know it's never going to get done where it is, although the owner claims he's "going to get around to it someday". I bet it's been sitting there for 20 years and I've asked him 13 years ago and just last year. Still same answer. He also has a '67 Charger sitting out in the elements. I didn't ask if he'd sell it because I want that bee! Another car going to be left to rot.

68 Hemi Road Runner, not a number matching car but original Hemi, auto, black exterior. Been in the garage since the 70's. gonna get it together ...someday.

Here ya go jimmer.Not yellow but a 71.

Been sitting 30+ years. Check out the milage. Guy's gonna restore it some day...................

Attachments

• 100_3607.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 308
  • 100_3752.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 302
Not a Mopar but worth it. Back in 79 I found a 65 Olds 442 ragtop in a barn. Woman at the farm said it belonged to her son who was going thru treatment at the time. I asked if they'd be willing to sell it, she said yes I offered $2500 and she thought that was a good offer. Came back the next day $3000 in my pocket. No sale. Contacted her once a month for 6 months. Last time I talked to her sold the car $2200. :wack:

A couple of years ago, before I purchased my 70 Dart Swinger 340, I spent a great deal of time scouring back yards and alleys here in Tucson, looking for the 69 Dart Swinger 340 I had back in the early 70's.(The car in my avatar!) Loved that car, but had an itch for a Z-28, so I sold it to a young friend for 1200.00 dollars just before leaving town to move back East.
Four years later I had just moved back to Tucson, when I received a call from the same young man, who was now stationed out of state in the military, asking me if I wanted to buy the car back for 750.00 dollars. I went to look at it.....a little rougher than when I sold it to him.....but decided to pass on it. I've been looking for it ever since.
One Saturday afternoon while on a seemingly fruitless pursuit for my old car, I turned a corner and sitting out in the street, next to a curb was a rough looking 70 Road Runner. It was in need of a complete restoration, but never the less was still a Road Runner. I mentioned to the man at the house how my wife had a similar 70 Road Runner, new off the showroom, back in 1970, and how cool it would be to find another one for her! I was told that the car belonged to an older brother and would under no circumstances ever be for sale! Every so often I would go back to the area just to see if it was still there, and always was.
I finally located a 70 Dart, since I was unable to find my 69 Swinger, and have spent the last few years restoring it. Just for the heck of it I decided to swing by one day and see if the Road Runner was still sitting in the street with four flat tires. As I turned the corner all I saw was empty street! It was gone. Oh well, on to bigger and better things!
I mentioned my findings to a friend who is big into working on B bodies, and after mentioning a description of the car to him and its' location he said, I have that car at my shop! I'm restoring it for the original owner. It seems the original owner of the car found out about the car, and laid a story on the guy about his desire to have his old car back, and the older brother sold it back to him, only because his story!
I guess next time, I'll just have to come up with a better, more convincing story if I really want to buy something! Ben.

There is a 71 Duster down the road from me, in a lean to which is falling down on the car.
Numbers matching 340 4 speed, plum crazy, rallyes, 340 call outs on hood, side stripe, shark tooth grille, 8 3/4 with 3.91's.
Car has been sitting for at least 20 years. Owner says he'll restore it someday.

Then there is the 69 Cuda 'S' ragtop, numbers matching 340 auto, sitting in a field under a tarp. Owner is a member on this site so I won't say too much more, LOL. But he knows he has to get to it before it rots away. He restored his Firebird first.

Also the 69 Hemi Charger in the bushes. When you finally agree on a price, the guy thinks he's letting it go for too cheap and bumps the price up. However he has no desire to restore it. Same guy has an all steel Willy's, a 1953 Corvette, a Camaro RS/SS, and about a dozen Stingrays all in a row in his driveway, plus another hundred cool cars. Everything has been sitting for years and he won't sell a damn thing.

I just found a 73 Challenger in the woods, 340, auto, AC, numbers car (under a lean to)Plum crazy, I am working on him........:happy1:Beautiful Car!!!!!!!

Non-mopars in my town, same guy:

1. Small little farm-like house on the edge of town. There is a real 67/68 California special mustang. Been there forever. Owner basically tells people to piss off/not for sale. It sits and rots away.

2. 3 miles up the road 4 mid 50s Chevy pickups in various condition. All restorable(maybe 1-2 need a lot of body work.) same owner says the same thing or offers outrageous pricing on the clapped out ones.

My buddy was on a hunting trip a couple years ago, and ran across this yard full of a bodies just sitting outside in the weather, he asked the owner if he would sell the 68 383 GTS , and the owner said he wasn't ready to sell yet. Notice the GTS has the very rare nose cone in the grille, what a shame, too bad they weren't at least covered up!

View attachment 1714591813

This wouldnt happen to be in deerlodge montana would it?

Me and my brother every summer would go on road trips looking for cars, we were in yakima wa right behind there circle track sits a superbird, anyway my brother told me to stay in the truck as it was a tough neighborhood and i was maybe 13yrs old it was sitting underneith a tarp and obviously it was a superbird. The guy lived in a run down garage and my brother heard a tv he wouldnt answer so my bother started to lift up the tarp just to read the vin and that guy come flying out of the garage with a knife and when he came out he flung the door open then shut it as fast as he could. With me being in the truck watching everthing go down there was a red daytona in there that he was trying to hide. Anyway after my brother calmed him down he said he had 3 sixpack birds and 1 hemi bird out on a farm but he never mentioned the daytona i thought was kinda odd but he said he bought the cars back in the 70 for practicly nothing he also said that some rich farmer offered him alot of money for some of them. This is something i will remember for the rest of my life pretty funny/cool story
I am sure the cars are still there they sit behind yakimas circle track litterally a block or two behind the speedway would be cool if somebody in the area could see if they are still there

A couple days after i picked up my 6 pack cuda a friend of my brother told him about a 71 cuda conv fs in a town about 300mi away from us that a farmer has, my bros friend collect old signs and really had no intrest in cars and gave us the farmers info. When we got there he showed us a 70 wagon with a 440sixpack out of a wreck 70 rr he bought the engine from the dealer after the guy wrecked the rr hard was a pretty cool old wagon i think it was a satalite wagon cant rember. After he showed us that car he took us to his garage when he opened the door there was sitting a white cuda vert white interior and pistol grip the car was a 440 4barrel 4speed plumcazy he didnt like the purple so he had it painted white back in the 70s he also said he blew up the engine so he had is friend that was in nhra someplace in california that built him a stroker of somesort drove it on sunday cruizes throughout the 70s and 80s then parked it. He had told the guy he was looking to get 25-30k out of it and we woulda payed that on the spot as this thing was as good as they get far as surviors go well this was when barret jackson started to become really big on tv and we were a few days late from getting a deal of a lifetime he changed his mind and wanted 300k damn barret jackson you ruin it for me:angry3:

I didn't try to buy this, but years ago in Cedar, BC, a friend knew this kid who owned an original 440 6 pack, 4 speed 70 Superbee. Original plum crazy car. Looked soo bad ***. I asked about it, apparently it was his dads, and was handed down when his dad passed away. The kid had never driven it because he was afraid to. He sold it years later for a lot of $$$.

I just found a 73 Challenger in the woods, 340, auto, AC, numbers car (under a lean to)Plum crazy, I am working on him........:happy1:Beautiful Car!!!!!!!
my brother knows of a farmyard not far from his acreage where there's a (I think he said '71) 340 4-speed Demon, apparently all original, sitting under a tree. With no passenger side window. The typical "oh, I'd never sell it, my son and I are going to restore it one day" BS.
I say BS because even when my brother told him he would give him a passenger side glass for it to save it from any more rotting, the guy couldn't be bothered.
It'll sit there until it's too far gone to save, then it will be for sale.

this was when barret jackson started to become really big on tv and we were a few days late from getting a deal of a lifetime he changed his mind and wanted 300k damn barret jackson you ruin it for me:angry3:

Yeah the Barrett-Jackson auctions are really a double edged sword for our hobby...the bad they make everyone with a rusty pos think they have a gold mine cause they saw one just like theirs on TV, but as for the good they've made more people get interested in Mopars - so more and more parts get reproduced for em.

Personally I liked it better when they were just fun old cars, not "investments".

was working in an APCO gas station, while in college in Springfield, Mo. in 1970, a place where a lot of the local muscle car guys would come for cheap gas before Friday night races out on Glenstone Ave., in front the station. One of the regulars came in one night wanting to sell his 69 Super Bee to me for 1400.00 dollars because he needed some quick cash for something. 1400.00 dollars was quite a bit then, especially for a poor college student who had to work making 1.00 an hour pumping gas! I remember that car being green with some really strange looking Hurst shifter sticking out of the floor that bent all sorts of different directions before ending up at the shifter knob! Ben.

one other story......as a 15 year old kid back in the mid 60's, my path from school to my house, (walking of course!), took me by a house where a lot of old cars were parked. There seemed to always be a flurry of activity going on there with race cars and such. Parked in the drive way, off to the side was a nicely painted dark green 57 Chevy two door post car. Now I had a 41 Ford pickup at the time that my dad had given me for a 'first' car; but I could never get that flathead to start up, and since I was 15 I wasn't going to be able to drive it anyway. One day a man came to my dad's garage and offered 200.00 dollars for the Ford pickup, and now I'm thinking,'Wow, some money to buy what I want!' I stopped by the house where the 57 was and asked if it might be for sale?! It was! A complete 57 body, nicely done naugahyde interior, but no engine or transmission for the unbelievable price of 75.00 dollars! I had already done some preliminary pricing at the local bone yard for a 283-327 engine and a transmission......75.00 for the engine and 50.00 for the transmission....let's see that all adds up to 200.00! (Of course, I hadn't thought about tires, radiator, battery, etc.!) I approached my dad with all of my facts and figures, expecting him to be impressed with my hard work! His response, 'you don't need something like that!' Well the truck got sold, the two hundred dollars ended up somewhere, and I ended up with my moms 56 Olds Holiday 4 door hardtop! But at least the Olds had A/C and a cool button on the floor above the dimmer switch that changed the stations on the AM radio! Ben.

-
Back