Cool toy.....

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
This won't clutter a classic interior but will give you GPS navigation, Bluetooth, internet, dash/rear cameras etc. It's a smart rear view mirror. When it's off it just shows time in right corner, swipe it and its a 8" wide display rhat shows the dash cam, swipe again and it shows the rear cam. Helps if you have a smart phone to teather its data connection with but it's not needed for GPS with maps ablento be downloaded to SD card. Has an FM transmitter to send to FM radio or headphone out to a speaker. If you dont want to cut the dash or mount a big double DIN GPS. This may be for you. I picked up one for $20 but $50 is the lowest I've seen them since and new they are $150-$250. One cool thing I learned is when the car is bumped (its in my work truck) the front and rear cams turn on to catch what caused it.
1666056689686.png

Did you forget to post a picture of this contraption?? Sounds cool

IF you guys want blue tooth they sell cigarette blue tooth plug in units for 35$ at Best buy. They play through your factory radio. Just pick a station with nothing but static.

OK, so if/when its a rear-view mirror, is it a rear-view mirror? Maybe its default mode is rear camera? Can't use it when applying makeup? LOL
The screen on my smart TV requires a special cleaner. This cleaner is alcohol free and ammonia free. I'm guessing this smart mirror screen is the same.

This won't clutter a classic interior but will give you GPS navigation, Bluetooth, internet, dash/rear cameras etc. It's a smart rear view mirror. When it's off it just shows time in right corner, swipe it and its a 8" wide display rhat shows the dash cam, swipe again and it shows the rear cam. Helps if you have a smart phone to teather its data connection with but it's not needed for GPS with maps ablento be downloaded to SD card. Has an FM transmitter to send to FM radio or headphone out to a speaker. If you dont want to cut the dash or mount a big double DIN GPS. This may be for you. I picked up one for $20 but $50 is the lowest I've seen them since and new they are $150-$250. One cool thing I learned is when the car is bumped (its in my work truck) the front and rear cams turn on to catch what caused it.
View attachment 1715999544

Is it this one?

Amazon product ASIN B07C3RT8B7
Looks like it actually mounts to the rear view hanger and replaces the OEM mirror? I've looked at these before but all I saw were ones that clipped over the OEM mirror and looked tacky (to me). Think this could be done using an A-Body mirror stalk?

Mine was a DIN rail (03 Silverado) where the rear view mirror mounts so I just loosened the grub screw, slid off the GM mirror and slid this one on the windshield rail. Some are strap on, mine was not. You must run the feeds up into the headliner or tuck them out of sight somehow. Maybe even mount it on the dash Corvette style? It acts just like a regular mirror, the display is behind the reflective layer. Off acts just like a mirror.

Where do you see them for $50?

-
Back