Coronet R/T ???

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
Im wondering the value of a car if in fact it is a true 69 Coronet hard top R/T 440 six pack, also that same value if its a clone.

Oh and 1 stipulation to this.. The 440 engine is blown, but in the car. I have no other info, just asking as a general question. I've got a friend that is curious.

Im wondering the value of a car if in fact it is a true 69 Coronet hard top R/T 440 six pack, also that same value if its a clone.

Oh and 1 stipulation to this.. The 440 engine is blown, but in the car. I have no other info, just asking as a general question. I've got a friend that is curious.

there was never a 440 "six pack" option in 69 on the R/T .....only the superbee had the half year six pack option and "A12" would be on the fender tag. There is a huge difference between a superbee and an R/T.

If its a real R/T the vin will start out with WS23L9 (440+4) or WS23J9 (if a HEMI)

Thank you Rani for that info. I dont know much about the B-bodies.. Obviously hahaha

I do know that it is a 440 engine (blown up), but I did not see the superbee badging on it so that leads me to just believe its a R/T.

With that being said what is the range of value.

Thank you Rani for that info. I dont know much about the B-bodies.. Obviously hahaha

I do know that it is a 440 engine (blown up), but I did not see the superbee badging on it so that leads me to just believe its a R/T.

With that being said what is the range of value.

cant tell you without pics ......come on you should know the drill already :boxing:

The superbee and R/T were not the only trim levels on the same basic car it could be a number of possibilities.

it could be a:

WL Coronet deluxe which is a cousin car to the Belvedere.
WM Superbee which is the cousin car to the Road runner
WH Coronet 440 (not engine size, 440 is a trim level) its the cousin car to the Satellite
WP Coronet 500 which is the cousin car to the Sport Satellite
WS Coronet R/T which is the cousin car to the GTX

If its a numbers matching 440 its most likely a WS or WM, if any of the others then its most likely a body someone put a 440 into.

Only the WL and WM were available in a post coupe with the sedan pillar as the "B" pillar.

I wish I could provide you pics. I was asked today by a friend what I thought the value of the car would be.. Now why this person is asking I have no idea, perhaps they know of one for sale or are being asked by someone else. Im just not sure...

Of course I told them the info, I needed... VIN and fender tag info.. That would tell me everything. But I dont think they have access to the car. Hence the broad range of value Im willing to accept.

Exact words out of there mouth.

Whats the value of a 69 Coronet R/T that has been restored but has a blown up 440 engine.

I did tell him what you told me above about it being a Superbee, and he just said it just says R/T on the grill and had a blacked out hood that says six pack.

If its a perfect resto with a blown engine, the value could still be 35k or so, if its a used driver, lots less. Pics are kinda mandatory. lol

yeah...that's like saying "what's this car worth?"

Remember too, peoples definition of "blown engine" differs. Some people think a knocking or smoking motor is blown.

A 69' coronet R/T is a fairly rare car. If it's indeed an R/T an done correctly fratzog lover
is close on the value unless of course it's a hemi car.

A 69' coronet R/T is a fairly rare car.

That is absolutely correct because sadly the coronet was always overshadowed by its brother car ...The Charger and Charger R/T

This is why in 71 they were combined and the coronet was only a 4 door and wagon and the 2 door version was the charger for a few years. "71 charger superbee" ring a bell LOL.

the Coronet came to have a mild family car and workhorse taxi/ cop car image until it silently disappeared in 76.

1969 Dodge Coronet R/T

~ Production Numbers ~

* Hardtop ........ 440/375 HP ........... 6351
* Hardtop ........ 426 Hemi ................. 97

* Convertible ... 440/375 HP ............. 416
* Convertible ... 426 Hemi .................. 10

I would place any 69 B bodies value north of $15k, with the higher the trim option, the higher the value! If it's "restored", meaning really restored, you can expect the price line that Fratzog outlined for an R/T with engine problems! However, I would not expect any other Coronet from 69 to reach over $25k unless it's a Hemi car!

However, if it's a hodgepodge of different parts, or a clone car, without being a true R/T, I would estimate it at $18k for a restified example of any other model mentioned by Rani!

I would place any 69 B bodies value north of $15k, with the higher the trim option, the higher the value! If it's "restored", meaning really restored, you can expect the price line that Fratzog outlined for an R/T with engine problems! However, I would not expect any other Coronet from 69 to reach over $25k unless it's a Hemi car!

However, if it's a hodgepodge of different parts, or a clone car, without being a true R/T, I would estimate it at $18k for a restified example of any other model mentioned by Rani!

Good Analysis

I would think that a 'Mint' > 1969 Coronet R/T 440 Hardtop {4-Speed}
with the Dana Rear would be somewhere in the $55,000 range.

Providing it had the right color, and was equipped with the under-hood
'Ramcharger' fresh air-induction unit.

Thanks for the really good info on the car guys and gals. Im just going to tell him from $15-30k. Im sorry for the vague question with out pics or any other info. When I talk to him today I'll find out the skinny on it and why he wants to know.

Thanks much for the help!

Too vague of a question to really answer. Too many variables. If it is a rot bucket from he77, it could be worth next to nothing. I have run away from a '69 R/T that I could have gotten for about 5 grand but would have cost $50k plus to restore since it had no floors, frame rails, and a seized engine...

The 69 Coronet R/T or 500, quick tale is that it has what looks like 3 tail lights across the rear panel. The other Coronet models didn't have that.

Superbees came standard with 383's and you could option 440 or Hemi...

R/T came standard with 440 and optional Hemi...

I believe the Superbee was the sister to the Roadrunner and started as a basic B-body with cheap interior and a 383 so the working man could drive it to work during the week and then take it to the drag strip on weekends. Cheap, affordable, hot rod and family car....

I use to own a 69 coronet R/T 440/auto 3.91 gears. Sunfire yellow. It had a six pack and a sixpack hindged hood. Hood was like no other fiberglass Sixpack hood I've seen. The front part of the hood line was short. Guy that bought it swore it was a 6 pack RT but I told him they didn't make them. He swore it was a late year thing on RT's not just superbees. I think it was added. Last I seen it was for sale over near east coast for $45k was fully restored except original interior which was mint looked factory except for th widened steel wheels in back, 3" exhaust, and headers.

As always there are many cars/trucks out there that Ma Mopar said were never made.It will always be a mystery what some workers did to keep the assembly line moving.Yes,No,Maybe ??

Superbees came standard with 383's and you could option 440 or Hemi...

R/T came standard with 440 and optional Hemi...

I believe the Superbee was the sister to the Roadrunner and started as a basic B-body with cheap interior and a 383 so the working man could drive it to work during the week and then take it to the drag strip on weekends. Cheap, affordable, hot rod and family car....

Hold It Right There Mister,

The 1968 Dodge Super Bee was not available with a '440 Magnum'.

The 1969 Dodge Super Bee 'also' was not available with a '440 Magnum'.

Hold It Right There Mister,

The 1968 Dodge Super Bee was not available with a '440 Magnum'.

The 1969 Dodge Super Bee 'also' was not available with a '440 Magnum'.

That's correct the only option for a 69' super bee was a hemi. The 383 was standard and nothing else. Also the R/T was 440 standard with the only other option being a hemi and that's the skinny.

First off I want to thank you all again for the range in price and the quick history on this car. I did pass on the info to him but I have to say Im disappointed I even got involved.

I found out that a coworker of his had this car and they got into a discussion of what that car would sell for today. Supposedly he sold that car at some point and sold it as described who knows when..

Guess next time I need to know if this car even exists or ask more questions.. DOH!

-
Back