couldn't help it... bought myself a b-day present...

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
well i bought myself a nice b-day present.. went down just outside of baltimore on tuesday morning and put a deposit on a 87 mustang LX conv.

been kinda looking (not real seriously though. the maroon one listed here got my blood pumping for one though)for a while but i finally sold enough stuff to gather the money to get a decent car. its not perfect (damn clean though) but it is an original paint, unmolested car (hard to find these days). seems to run nice and has a new top..

friday morning my buddy shawn towed it home for me . registered it (QQ :) ) and classic insurance.. gotta love that ****... been driving the hell out of it all weekend.

big thanks to to bill (340sFastback) and my good friend tom (big ford guy) who gave me more information then i knew existed on these cars.. they looked at a ton of links and answered a ton of questions for me...

something about the color combo just did it for me... bill sent me a link saying that out of all the v-8 mustangs produced in 87 only 162 were painted this color. of those only 36 LX rag tops were this color.. weird huh..lolll

forgot how fun these cars were to drive.

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

good luck with it

least it doesn't have those killer air bags in it....there is good reason kids should not be in the front seat of any air bag equip car, unless the bag is turn off

Congrats, both for the BD and a nice Mustang.
Looks very nice

those stangs were bad in their day compared to most anything else on the market at the time

Congrats on the new addition to your stable. Nice looking Stang man.....

Pat

P.S. I must admit I am impressed that you have not been "flamed" for buying a Ford. FABO folks must be getting much more open minded to "the others" LOL!!!

Wow, that is a CLEAN looking Mustang! I'm guessing that it was owned by an older person who didn't really drive it too hard... should make a nice starting point for you!

5.0 LX. That was the car to buy in 1987. Nice find! I remember when the GA. State Patrol used to use 5.0 LX coupe as Interstate Patrol cars. lol

There's probably a bunch of HD police car stuff available for that little sweetie, too.

Nice car. You must like yellow...

there used to be a green one similiar to that parked by our local train station. It disappeared about a month or two ago...

Those v-8 lx's were the way to go. Same motor as the Mustang GT, but 300 pounds less without all of the trim... Those are fun cars.. Enjoy.

I am still kicking myself for not getting a black '87 lx 5spd 5.0 a few years ago, it was a clean car that was owned by one of my parents friends. I dragged my feet a few weeks and it got t-boned bad, luckily no one was hurt but the car was done.

Nice looking rag you picked up, they certainly are fun.

Nice little car Joe,my friend has a silver LX ragtop with a supercharger on it.This one must,ve been garage kept.(no glazing,fading on the headlights).

Happy Birthday also.:D

Nice little car Joe,my friend has a silver LX ragtop with a supercharger on it.This one must,ve been garage kept.(no glazing,fading on the headlights).

Happy Birthday also.:D

it has spent all its life in a garage or under a car port. older lady bought it new in 87. i assume she has since passed. her son inlaw is who i bought it from. car has 68,000 miles on it. headlights have been replaced. guess they were fogged.

no, no race car. gonna be a nice family cruiser and all. my 17 year old rerally likes it.. and my 3 year old likes to help me put the top down. she says i want to go fast daddy...lol..

Nice find. Unmolested Mustangs are getting hard to find these days...Particularly the notchbacks. I suppose the convertibles have a better chance of being found in good shape...

I wouldn't hesitate to put some subframe connectors in that car. One of the major faults of the fox-body platform, particularly with a v8 and even worse with the ragtops, is floor pan cracks right at the seat mount.

Got nooo problems with the Fox body 5.0
Had a brand new white GT 5.0 in 92. One of my all time favorite cars.
Have been looking at 92-93 LX notchbacks off and on for a couple years.
Also like the P-71 Crown Vic's.
Congrats Joe.

Happy Birthday Joe and what a great gift to yourself.

Congrats, very nice car and I agree the color is nice, btw it's called 'jonquil' lol.

-
Back