Couple cool pics of my Demon

-
I notied you have a modified Alterkation front-end, but never show the spindles,,are they something other than the mustang II(modified) spindle that comes w/a standard RMS set-up?...you also mentioned in a re-design you would not use a mustang style spindle.....Care to share your thoughts?

I notied you have a modified Alterkation front-end, but never show the spindles,,are they something other than the mustang II(modified) spindle that comes w/a standard RMS set-up?...you also mentioned in a re-design you would not use a mustang style spindle.....Care to share your thoughts?

The spindles are from RMS, not modified since then. The welded on steering arm has given me some issues tryin to use a 1.25" wide rotor and keeping the wheels tucked in.

If I did this car again, it would have a full custom chassis. I have started/re-did/modified it so many times I could have done that for the time/$$ I've put in.

I hear ya'.....I love the RMS suspension, but like you ,by the time I modify(rebuild) it to make it work for my specific application, I'm $$$$ ahead to just make my own. From what I see most (Heights,Morrison,Alston,ect) front steer systems are based on the mustang II,execpt for the strut of course(I'm still not done looking at that set-up). I thought maybe you came across something else...and you just didn't want to show it just yet.I love the way you stay on the cutting edge (is that enough fluff??) without being gaudy....Mopar to ya' Denny

Love your build! I'm doing a '71 Demon that is going to have the AlterKtion front/street lynx rear on airbags. You've mentioned your rims and tires sizes but what is the backspacing on your wheels, front and rear? Also, in the rear what is your measurement of the rear axle between wheel mounting surface. Thanks and I speak for everyone when we hope to see more of your build real soon. Cheers

Could I get your specs? Thx

Could I get your specs? Thx

Oops, missed that one.

-Fronts 18x8.5 255/35/18 6.5" BS.....upper arms were re-radiused, steering rack was moved up a bit too. Front end sheet metal stretched for ride height. Plus other mods I'm forgetting right now

-Rears 19x12 345/30/19 8" BS.....I didnt want a huge rear lip on the wheels when my fronts cant have one as well so I went with a decent amount of BS. I dont remember the total width off-hand of the rear. I'll get that though for ya

-3 piece wheels from ID luxury(Intro)

I hear ya'.....I love the RMS suspension, but like you ,by the time I modify(rebuild) it to make it work for my specific application, I'm $$$$ ahead to just make my own. From what I see most (Heights,Morrison,Alston,ect) front steer systems are based on the mustang II,execpt for the strut of course(I'm still not done looking at that set-up). I thought maybe you came across something else...and you just didn't want to show it just yet.I love the way you stay on the cutting edge (is that enough fluff??) without being gaudy....Mopar to ya' Denny

My buddy is building a Challenger with C5 suspension on a custom chassis.....that's probably the route I would have gone

Oops, missed that one.

-Fronts 18x8.5 255/35/18 6.5" BS.....upper arms were re-radiused, steering rack was moved up a bit too. Front end sheet metal stretched for ride height. Plus other mods I'm forgetting right now

-Rears 19x12 345/30/19 8" BS.....I didnt want a huge rear lip on the wheels when my fronts cant have one as well so I went with a decent amount of BS. I dont remember the total width off-hand of the rear. I'll get that though for ya

-3 piece wheels from ID luxury(Intro)

Thanks a bunch. Once I get that axle width from you I should be able to take a stab at ordering some wheels that should fit right the first time and not need a bunch of testing. So its very much appreciated.
PS - Get some more of your build done, so I can continue to drool :notworth:

Geee....whats with the "underwraps" stuff...don't you want to show us.... so some can borrow (copy) it without the intuition,time(sometimes you build it 3 or 4 times to get it right), expense,ect it took you.... and maybe will see on someone elses car before yours is complete because your still doing numerous modifications???....I just don't understand.

Geee....whats with the "underwraps" stuff...don't you want to show us so some can borrow (copy) it without the intuition,time(sometimes you build it 3 or 4 times to get it right), expense,ect it took you.... and maybe will see on someone elses car before yours is complete because your still doing numerous modifications???....I just don't understand.

Boy oh Boy, someone drank a big glass of sarcasm this morning! ROFLOL

:drinkers:

yeah...sorry 'bout that...me bad!...I'm all better now...shouldn't let the wifes' squalkin' bleed over here.

Yep, that's it. Car has kind of gone underground on the build pics and updates

That car is a work of art. I saw it in person when it was up here for the Auto Boat Speed Show a couple of years ago. Incredible work.

Sure hope it gets finished.

Forgot to mention, can't wait for your car to be done, either. Great car!

Well, got the exhaust mostly done, went with Spintech muff's and oval tubing....as everything else, I have to order a few more bends so it kicks up to run along the fuel cell. They should be here this week. Trying to keep everything sanitary and not hangin down........this was no bolt-on exhaust system, everything has had to be re-worked.

Im still trying to swallow the material cost of the oval tubing/transitions....:-&

Attachments

• DSC00581.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 953
  • DSC00582.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 957
  • DSC00583.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 953
  • DSC00584.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 913
  • DSC00580.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 941
tucked up tight.....and dynomite!!!...really lookin' good...I know what you mean when it comes to the spendin'...sometimes i need a good hit of oxygen.

-
Back