Couple cool pics of my Demon

-
Bustin my balls......thanks fellas.

Built the flush fuel filler in the tailpanel, started plumbing the fuel lines.........Keeping a couple metal work items underwraps for now

If curious...the solenoid by the trunk latch is for the automatic door popper, since the key hole is now gone

Attachments

• IMG_7069.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,016
  • DSC00997.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 980
  • DSC00998.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 996
  • DSC00999.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 986
  • IMG_7071.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 986
  • DSC00996.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 999
RJ - SWEET! I really dig the relocate on the filler neck, and everything else I'm seeing too. I can't stand that big ugly "stove-pipe" staring at me everytime I open the trunk - ugh!

yeaaaaa....now were talkin.......

(a little good ol' ball bustin' almost always brings 'em around)

-Got the "corvette" style regulator/filter mounted and plumbed. Walbro in tank pump and filter.

-Got the front brakes all ironed out. 14.25" x 1.25" rotor with Wilwoods new W6 caliper. Only two of the kits were produced by Wilwood for the 1.25" wide rotor on an RMS spindle. As it goes nothing goes as planned, so the spindle was re-machined to work.

Beginning the fender work.......swapping Duster wheel openings since they are wider and an easier shape to stretch a little. Since a Demon has essentially a Duster quarter on it, they will match. Going to run a 275 front tire during any track time and keep the 255's for "poser shots" since I can get it a bit lower with em.

I broke down and bought a new Moroso catch can......very nice can, fugly fittings and hose. Im going to hardline all that now

Attachments

• DSC01016.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 889
  • DSC01011.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 893
  • DSC01012.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 877
  • DSC01014.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 894
In the first pic, the curved tube is a support tube for the coilover (double shear). The straight bar is in place of the coilover.

It looks odd looking at it in the pic.....was laying on my back taking the pic

good to see your back at it and keeping us informed without the usual ballbustin'

Denny

I have literally spent over $1000 in just fittings on this car and of course I forget two damn fittings to finish the fuel system......now it sits on the shelf for a week until the parts arrive. Then my motivation drops off and well ya know.........

Getting the fender pieces all blasted this week (6 fenders to make 2), so I cant do much until I get the 2 fittings and clean metal back.

since all you can do is polish the chrome so to speak...how about a couple of recent full body shots (of the Demon)......just so we can drool a little.....

since all you can do is polish the chrome so to speak...how about a couple of recent full body shots (of the Demon)......just so we can drool a little.....

Will do, when my grille/front sheet metal is done........the grille is lookin sick. My buddy who is a whiz with plastic is workin on it.

Great to see some updates, keep em coming......

RJ,
you do what you can with what you have. You have a final vision for the car and you will get there. A lot of people watching our builds expect us to be building and posting all the time but they forget about the time needed to research and order and accumulate the parts and supplies needed to make all the other come to pass.
Keep the faith it will get done.
Andrew
and not to mention that not everyone has all the money in the world as rj said we are just workin men

-Got the "corvette" style regulator/filter mounted and plumbed.

Doesn't that filter/regulator set the fuel pressure at 58-60 psi, and isn't that higher than the GenIII Hemi need? Are you going to run a second regulator at the motor?

I've been debating on doing the same thing on my car, just not exactly clear on how it works.

Another question, most regulators I'm familiar with have a vacuum port to raise or lower the fuel pressure based on intake vacuum (or boost). Does the Corvette just ignore that?

Looks like that Hemi is whispering that it wants a belt driven supercharger...

saweeeeet ride!

Doesn't that filter/regulator set the fuel pressure at 58-60 psi, and isn't that higher than the GenIII Hemi need? Are you going to run a second regulator at the motor?

I've been debating on doing the same thing on my car, just not exactly clear on how it works.

Another question, most regulators I'm familiar with have a vacuum port to raise or lower the fuel pressure based on intake vacuum (or boost). Does the Corvette just ignore that?

I bought it from Dave Weber(ModernMuscle) a while ago, it's what he recommended. Supposed to be good to 600hp. The return line is plumbed right from the regulator, only requires a single feed line to the motor. I can't remember what it's preset at....dont have the paperwork in front of me.

I'm going to give it a "go" and will adjust accordingly when it's time to fire. The motor will probably get a cam/headwork anyway, so it wont be stock

I bought it from Dave Weber(ModernMuscle) a while ago, it's what he recommended. Supposed to be good to 600hp. The return line is plumbed right from the regulator, only requires a single feed line to the motor. I can't remember what it's preset at....dont have the paperwork in front of me.

I'm going to give it a "go" and will adjust accordingly when it's time to fire. The motor will probably get a cam/headwork anyway, so it wont be stock

First, as usual, RJ, that thing is amazing. I am just about to plump fuel line to my 5.7... Your lines make me jealous. What fittings are you using to go steel line to AN?

Second, that reg/filter is regulater @ 58 if I remember correctly, and several guys here have run them without issues. To the OP with the fuel reg question, there is a "feeding the hemi with fuel" thread in the hemi swap section that cover this a bunch...

Once again, Your car is looking amazing... Thanks for the pics...

Joe

First, as usual, RJ, that thing is amazing. I am just about to plump fuel line to my 5.7... Your lines make me jealous. What fittings are you using to go steel line to AN?

Second, that reg/filter is regulater @ 58 if I remember correctly, and several guys here have run them without issues. To the OP with the fuel reg question, there is a "feeding the hemi with fuel" thread in the hemi swap section that cover this a bunch...

Once again, Your car is looking amazing... Thanks for the pics...

Joe

Fittings are mostly Earl's and/or Summit in their Ano-Tuff finish (black). To go with the stainless line.

I am going for an "industrial" or "purpose built race car" look. Not trying to hide any of the lines, but rather have the mechanical detailed appearance. Only rubber lines are power steering lines.

I have also decided to order a 3rd version of a catch can and plumb those with NPT - AN black fittings/hardline. Details, Details, Details......

:newb:

Hello RJ I am new to the site and came across your build. I have to say your attention to detail is nothing short of amazing. The list of mods is endless. I love the stance, well I love everything about it.
On the first page when I seen your car, I thought man he has a lot of dough into it. I read on and seen your putting a stroked 6.1 litre into it and then I said yeah alot of dough and lot of go. I for one will be watching your build. Keep up the excellent craftsmanship.

Tim

-
Back