Cowl gasket question?? (pics)

-

mullinax95

Reaction score
I've got a new cowl gasket for my cuda but I'm not sure which way it needs to be fastened. There wasn't a gasket on the car when I bought it so I don't have anything to go by. When I put in place to snap in on I can flip it around and it will snap the other way also.

Which way does it need to mount? Fat edge towards the radiator or towards the back of the car?

Cuda boot area 021.jpg

Cuda boot area 022.jpg

Cuda boot area 023.jpg

In pic #1 you can see metal pins and the matching holes on the hood...match them up and you're in business!

In pic #1 you can see metal pins and the matching holes on the hood...match them up and you're in business!

Yeah I realize that but if I turn the gasket either way the clips will go in the holes with no problem. In the pics you will see the fatter edge and the thin edge. The thin edge holds the clips. Now I'm trying to figure out which way I need to put it in. With the fat edge towards the radiator or towards the back of the car. I might not making myself clear. There are six holes and six clips and can be mounted in 2 directions. ???

-
Back