Craftsman Tools "proudly made in china"

-

kevindahle

Reaction score
Man I was disappointed!~ I purchased a set of Craftsman tools for my son who's off to college and when I got home and opened the case to take a look something didn't look right with the shape of the wrenches so I inspected more closely and to my surprise it's all made in china now! When then did that happen? I think I'll bring them back maybe get some S-K.

Good luck with the tool issue. I've bought snap-on and matco that had other countries stamped on them ! ...... I just cleaned up a set of edelbrock valve covers and found "Taiwan" stamped on the inside lip ... What the hell is that, I thought they lived by MADE IN THE USA !!!!

If Americans could ever stop "shopping with their wallet" and buy American, the tide could turn. Until then, we'll all keep buying our Harbor Freight $29.95 bench grinders that no U.S. company can ever compete with........and continue to live with close to 20% real unemployment.

Snap On "Blue Point" tools are made in China. They're trying to give some low cost options with the impression of quality.

FYI when your american made craftsman rachet goes bad ask for a rebuild kit instead of exchange.

If Americans could ever stop "shopping with their wallet" and buy American, the tide could turn. Until then, we'll all keep buying our Harbor Freight $29.95 bench grinders that no U.S. company can ever compete with........and continue to live with close to 20% real unemployment.

I have a fever... and the only proscription, is more cow bell... lol!!

I took a 1/2inch ratchet in a few weeks ago and they did not have kits or even same style head for exchange.

I have a snap-on screw gun. Made in China. 3 years
Old in professional use and going strong.
Not like my made in USimpact wiggles.
Worn out so not broken. Got warranty after 3 months
By bitching but now. Nothing.
Quality is going downhill.
Got a new rep and he swore no Snapon made in China.
Won't talk to me anymore.lol. Or look at the china stamp.
"Been selling Snapon for 20 yeArs and nothing is made in China"
What a tool(man)..

But I love my screwgun.
Also found out no warrenty on Snapon
Drill bits. But Mac does ?

I though craftsman hand tools were still made here. Like ratchets, sockets, and screw drivers.

I think at this point its impossible to buy American , Can you even buy a TV made in America ? Its sad

Is that the cause? Or the symptom?

Maybe a thread needs to be implemented on what products[tools etc.] are actually made in usa and whats not,probably be surprising how little is made here at home of anything..wonder how many politicians have 'made in china' stamped on the back of their necks....'we're rolling downhill like a snowball headed for hell'.......Merle Haggard...

Its a shame, I've done body work for 20+ years and try to use USA tools when ever possible, same with parts, not to long ago I ordered a GM pickup door moulding and sure enough when I got it the bag was stamped "Made in China". They have been making stuff in Mexico and Canada for years, But this was the first China made part from GM I have got. The craftsman thing caught me off guard though I've always thought they have been doing something right by keeping USA made hand tools at affordable prices, I just don't know what to think.

I think S-k was out of business for a bit and is back in action again, I've had s-k tools for 20 years that are great, they are not as cheap as craftsman but not as expensive as snap-on. I have a lot of snap-on and love the quality but for the occasional mechanic they are pricey. But it looks to me that if you want quality tools to last a lifetime there are fewer and fewer choices every day!

Well... here its same thing. made in china, taiwan, vietam are everywhere.
new tools that are made anywhere else are almost imbossible to find.

AND if you open any new car today, european or us every part reads made in china like my volvo :)

Least this is still made in finland, this fish is called ''made''

Attachments

• Made1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 984
You'll soon be able to buy USA tools again, soon as our wages
are decreased to the rest of the world levels/standards and
industry can recover.
The rest of the worlds been working with
substandard equipment for years.

when you take the tools back, take a look around , you will find many craftsman hand tools are MADE IN AMERICA, you have to buy them separate, not in a kit.

I don't know what the percentage is, but a company can say "MADE IN USA" if a certain percentage of what they sell is made here. Not all of it has to be. I've argued this for years about Edelbrock, but have repeatedly been pounded into the ground about it by people telling my 100% of their stuff is made here. That's total BS, because it's not.

I see Vic on the Saturday morning car show commercials saying "Made in America" all the time.

How can consumer protection laws allow that?

I don't understand how they have not been sued yet.

Pete

I don't care what country Craftsman is made in ...I am staying loyal to Craftsman and Sears but I am hoping they bring their production of their stuff back to being made in USA and believe it, I am NOT really happy with the "made in China" stickers either but Sears has a long heritage here and they had made a good product for more years than most of us have been around....they are entitled to one mistake......but I sure hope they make the correction and soon.

I got a set of Craftsmans made years ago..say Made in Japan....

To think that Craftsman hand tools were once made by Snap On. Oh well.

-
Back