Cragar ss wheels centering, pics included

-
Ok hear is the sizes to the best I can the shank is .599 and the wheel hole is .632. Now .684 is over the size of the hole. The tire shop that did my alignment today had those lug bolts told me this is what I needed. I said if you can get that in the wheel I'll eat it. Well I went hungry!!!! They also after I told them to take the weight off the torsion bar adjustment bolt before trying to raise the ride height and stripped the driver side out, I had to goto a local parts yard and get two off a 65 dart. Just gets better:banghead:Moe

Did they get you the correct nuts that took care of your problem. I am confused. You stated the wheel hole is .632 and .684 (over the size of the hole)?????????. what ever that means. I showed you a lug nut available that is
.680 diameter. The lug nuts and not the washers locate the wheel. The clearance will be tight as I stated earlier. The nut should fit in the wheel hole with very litle clearance or side to side play. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cragar-SS-M...es&hash=item53ecee1a96&vxp=mtr#ht_2054wt_1068

TMM, i think he was saying that his shanks are 599 and the hole is 632 and he has some lug nuts that are 684. so its sound to me like he has two different sets of two different size lug nuts ? hehe i just got confused myself lol..either way , those shanks need to be snug in the hole. if any of mine where that loose, my wheels would be garage art until i got the right ones if i had any intentions of driving this car..

tmm, i think he was saying that his shanks are 599 and the hole is 632 and he has some lug nuts that are 684. So its sound to me like he has two different sets of two different size lug nuts ? Hehe i just got confused myself lol..either way , those shanks need to be snug in the hole. If any of mine where that loose, my wheels would be garage art until i got the right ones if i had any intentions of driving this car..

x2

Ok guys i'll try again the wheel hole size is .632. Now that means you can not put a lug nut with a shank dia of 680 in that hole right? Now the lug bolts I have ,cragar says have a shank dia of .592. Now that leaves a net gap of .040. Now this is the link to the one cragar says I need.

Totally confused ,

Moe

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-09005-4/

wow, i see what you mean now, like pishtas link states "hard to find lug nuts" im learning something new here

Ok guys i'll try again the wheel hole size is .632. Now that means you can not put a lug nut with a shank dia of 680 in that hole right? Now the lug bolts I have ,cragar says have a shank dia of .592. Now that leaves a net gap of .040. Now this is the link to the one cragar says I need.

Totally confused ,

Moe

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-09005-4/

Thanks for clearing that up Moe. You're right you can't put a bigger nut in a smaller hole and .040 seems like too much slop for a wheel spinning at speed.
Does the center of the wheel register on the hub on the front end or the axle flange on the rear? Nope you answered that in a previous post.
(Put the wheels on and finger tighten nut and the wheel will move up and down on the hub about 3/16" +or-)

Thast guy selling genuine cragar SS SBP rims say his correct lug nuts are 5/8 OD by 3/4 long shank on a 7/16 L and R stud. Hope this helps.

Just a stab way way way out there but are you sure there the right rims????????????????? lots of them out there..Just sayin!~!!!!!

you brought up a good question,
if I measure the way you are susposed to it comes out about 1/8 too much
but you have to take in consideration the over sized hles
Thanks
Moe

Thast guy selling genuine cragar SS SBP rims say his correct lug nuts are 5/8 OD by 3/4 long shank on a 7/16 L and R stud. Hope this helps.
can you pm me a phone number I can reach your contact , that would be what I need. the tire store said mine were 5/8 too and i told him to on some glasses. LOL.
thanks Moe

-
Back