Craigslist is a JOKE!!

-
to give you an idea of a slant car:

http://wichita.craigslist.org/cto/4606676502.html

this is for sale fairly local-- he has listed it for over 5 weeks -- starting at 3500.

I do not know this car or seller--- do not take offense but putting $$ in a motor & leaving the rest for later is not a good plan-- especially a slant car.

good luck with your situation-- Lawrence

That is pretty sweet.

not sure ...some people tell me to leave it and others say restore it ..it a cool little car and the price was right (Free from a friend ) !

not sure ...some people tell me to leave it and others say restore it ..it a cool little car and the price was right (Free from a friend ) !

Great price. I would have to make a driver out of it and go tooling around.... if I could fit in it.

probably one of very few cars I wouldn't need pedal extensions in or a pillow. LOL

I could see you buzzing around the country side in it.

My crappy luck with CL is on the sellers end. For some reason I can never get folks to get back to me when I respond to their ads.

I've had good luck buying and selling on CL.

It's just a tool , I can normally weed out the flakes on the phone before letting them come over.

I don't bother with the e-mail forwarding they offer and just post my phone number and it goes a lot smoother

I agree that a good ad will draw more people in but to put the blame on the ad and not the people is another thing. I agree with those that say the people have changed. If you respond to an ad, they don't write back or a number of other things. Then when you are the seller people never show up. I am tired of waiting around for someone who is a no show. If I cannot make it when I said I would be there I call. There is a courtesy to dealing that is not used today. It is not CL or Ebay its the people.

There is a courtesy to dealing that is not used today. It is not CL or Ebay its the people.

Increasingly people around us are having the social graces of apes and they think there is nothing wrong with that.

on this case its simply the right buyer has not found the right seller. There was a time I was looking for a swinger project and I would been up there in a heartbeat to get it. I ended up going farther than the OP's house to pick up my 70 swinger so its just timing and a lot of would be buyers are not in the market right now.

I can understand the OP's frustration because I believe the car is worth the asking price or near to it. Although the 73 posted seemed like a better deal its still a 73 and no matter what you price something at....there will always be better and worse deals out there. If I was in the market I would pick the OP's car over the 73 because I am picky. If someone is the "they are all the same" type then it wouldn't matter, just buy anything on wheels for that matter.

that sucks. i've had pretty good luck with craigslist

I sold a Honda Accord last month on CL to the first couple who came out and looked at it? They gave me a deposit and came back the the next day with a cashier's check for my FULL asking price.

I guess it depends on what you're selling?

If it is money you need, you would probably get more for the home-made midget racer.

A basket case car of any kind is a tough sale in todays market.

I don't really want to sell my Dart but I have too due to money issues right now ..But still .. don't blow smoke up my a....em ..tailpipe and make dig every part out of the shed and then show up without a trailer expecting me to tow it around

Sounds like an additional charge for towing it for him (if you have a trailer to do so).

Hell, I would. $100 extra and I'll load it and take to your house for you. Still cheaper than a rollback, since I'd be able to load the additional parts in the pick up.

It's not Cragslist, it's the people.
I find it quite amazing how many absolute morons I encounter off that site, and it's a bit disturbing knowing these same people multiply.

It is the people. Before CL and eBay was the newspaper and local ads at the grocery store. I would get calls from people then a no show or the ever famous "your junk is worth a dollar" until they own it then its worth a million.
The bottom line is until there is an exchange of money there is no deal or commitment. Talk is cheap and cash is king. I personally have had successes and failures with all means of advertising.

Andy

I have always been attracted to little jewels like that... not that I could ever fit in one since I am right at 6' 4" and not skinny.

I'm 6'3" and 220 lbs, my wife is 5'4" so, I've got her by nearly a foot, but I dated a girl who was 4'11", and needless to say there were plenty of "jokes" about that relationship. lol...

It is the people. Before CL and eBay was the newspaper and local ads at the grocery store. I would get calls from people then a no show or the ever famous "your junk is worth a dollar" until they own it then its worth a million.
The bottom line is until there is an exchange of money there is no deal or commitment. Talk is cheap and cash is king. I personally have had successes and failures with all means of advertising.

Andy

That is a fact of life but a well written ad is more likely to attract the serious buyers. Look at some of the CL ads that are laughed at when they are shared on this site. How many serious buyers vs flakes do you think they draw?

A lot of people respond to crappy ads just to give the seller a hard time and they were never a serious buyer to start with.

I've bought lots of stuff on Craigslist...
Never a problem
Never sold anything though
Check out "Rants and Raves"
Hilarious....

:burnout:

Increasingly people around us are having the social graces of apes and they think there is nothing wrong with that.

on this case its simply the right buyer has not found the right seller. There was a time I was looking for a swinger project and I would been up there in a heartbeat to get it. I ended up going farther than the OP's house to pick up my 70 swinger so its just timing and a lot of would be buyers are not in the market right now.

I can understand the OP's frustration because I believe the car is worth the asking price or near to it. Although the 73 posted seemed like a better deal its still a 73 and no matter what you price something at....there will always be better and worse deals out there. If I was in the market I would pick the OP's car over the 73 because I am picky. If someone is the "they are all the same" type then it wouldn't matter, just buy anything on wheels for that matter.
Plus you know this car and know thats its a nice clean car ...BTW I dropped the price to $850 for the body (sold the engine and trany)

I'll give it to you for $800 Rani ! bring a trailer! (plus I would want you to have it..I couldn't see it going to a better home!) that and if you have a camper to trade I might do that too!

-
Back