Crash

-

hemitheus

19? Plymouth Scampenstein
Reaction score
Last night on my 40 mile home commute from work I was riding my motorcycle changing from one freeway to another. Had a illegal (presumed but all the signs pointed to illegal) not look and change lanes right in front of me then stand on his brakes. It left me nowhere to go. I had little room to stop and ended up having to lay the bike down to avert a collision. Broke some ribs, jacked up my right thumb and left hip.

Looks like i am out of commission for a while.

I hope you feel better soon. The outcome could have been much worse. I'll say a prayer for you. MMG

Glad to here you are still with the living.....sounds scary, I have been riding for 30 + years .... steadily for the last 17 years .....I hope to never have to do that. Did the A-hole even stop?

A motorbike sounds like so much fun but they are too risky for me.

The worst part is you can be killed and not even injure the asswipe who hit you.

Hope you recover quickly and hope the asswipe has insurance-or money in the bank and you can collect $ off him

Hate to hear what happened and sure glad you're ok. I commute back and forth to work on a motorcycle most of the time if the weather permits. I've been through some close ones so I know (kind of) how you feel.

hey im not that dirty when i get off of work!!!! it was just a love tab on the brakes!!

just kidding.... get better soon:tongue5:

That sucks man. Hope it doesn't scare you away from bikes. Have a speedy recovery.

Last night on my 40 mile home commute from work I was riding my motorcycle changing from one freeway to another. Had a illegal (presumed but all the signs pointed to illegal) not look and change lanes right in front of me then stand on his brakes. It left me nowhere to go. I had little room to stop and ended up having to lay the bike down to avert a collision. Broke some ribs, jacked up my right thumb and left hip.

Looks like i am out of commission for a while.

Wow!!!!! So glad you are still with us hemi :happy1: I would say that was a good maneuver to keep you from getting pulled out of the cars glass.
So help me hemi!! 2 days ago I went to town driving my wife's car and on a 55 mph road and a big van way up in front of me does this :banghead: they hit the brakes and turned into a church parking lot.....I was way behind them but they started pulling back out like I was not behind them and almost took them out me doing 55 at the time...... Scared me for an hour :banghead:..... Yes :cheers: always keep an eye on folks out there and like with you it only took just 2 seconds..
I hope you heal up and your back makes it after this hit, move around as soon as you can to keep the 2 sides of your body working correctly and keep us updated, sorry to go on and on..

Glad your still with us and it wasnt worse hope you mend quickly

i'm glad you are alive bro!

when i ride i pretend i'm a ghost...

what i mean is i pretend nobody sees me. at all times. they dont see my blinkers, nothing... so i ride my motorcycle like they dont notice me, and plan my every move.

because the sad fact is that about 25% of them dont pay enough attention to see you anyways. or they think you are farther away than you are (because you are a smaller blip in their mirror) or they misjudge your speed etc.

so ride like a ghost, assume they dont see you, they could stop or change lanes or pull out. because eventually they will do those things anyways, you just never know when.

nice move on the bike to stay alive! :D

Damn Dude ! I may not see things the way u do . Bud I will be praying for u to get well fast . Im happy thats as bad as u got hurt . Could have been really bad ..

hope the driver stopped and gave you insurance info since they cut you off there responsable for any damage and personal costs, like a hit and run if they didn't and could get jail time!

I saw a biker wearing this shirt from B.A.D.D (Bikers Against Dumb Drivers) the other day. I thought it was funny at the time, but it's absolutely true.

Attachments

• 41QCLfZx9VL.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 270
Man, that sucks big time. Ain't it weird how everything goes into slow mode? (Yeah, been there, done that).

So now that you got extra down time, how ya doing on them PSC posters? :-\"

Fu**ing ahole.Wouldnt do any good if he stopped. Hemi was in no shape to stomp him. And he probably had no insurance.

Sorry to hear and hope for a speedy recovery.I sold my bike lastyear due to the growing amount of traffic and new drivers in the area.I like my limbs.

Man, that sucks big time. Ain't it weird how everything goes into slow mode? (Yeah, been there, done that).

So now that you got extra down time, how ya doing on them PSC posters? :-\"

x2 ... hope you're feeling better already and get back on your feet quickly Hemi. I love dirt bikes but won't ride a motorcycle on the street just for that reason.

Rev, the poster design was finished up and I just learned they're ready to be picked up from the printer's. Hemi did a marvelous job.

Man that sure sucks Hemi. It sounds bad but sure glad to hear it wasn't worse. Did the idiot even stop to check on you or give any excuse why he did what he did?

x2 ... hope you're feeling better already and get back on your feet quickly Hemi. I love dirt bikes but won't ride a motorcycle on the street just for that reason.

Rev, the poster design was finished up and I just learned they're ready to be picked up from the printer's. Hemi did a marvelous job.

Oh fine. Take a fun luvin jab and turn it into product placement.....:D

-
Back