Cuda Gills on a Dart?

-
The taillight recesses look like they are for a 1070 Polara.

Polara taillight 1.jpg

Here you need these. Take as many as you want
View attachment 1715957244

Lol. You're a lot closer to wearing diapers than I am :rofl:

The taillight recesses look like they are for a 1070 Polara.

View attachment 1715957254

Hmmm,
07fa7f85-a3f1-4e85-bb4d-0d695dad9179-jpeg.jpg

Nah, I think I'm with @cudascott on this one. Looks like there's a curve toward the middle that matches the '69-'70 Charger tail lights. Based on the build, I would be that something like the Digi-tails was the plan
44730780_2123709787956714_7202191037589094400_n.jpg

Maybe so. The small picture makes it hard to see the pinch toward the inside section.

Maybe so. The small picture makes it hard to see the pinch toward the inside section.

But I like your idea of Polara taillights better. Charger tailights are too iconic to that particular vehicle. I think a taillight of some lesser thought of vehicle gives a modified car more of a chance to stand on its own.

Last edited:
Right, and you have a history of being one of those number matching purist collector types that come in and highbrow everyone that actually builds and enjoys driving their cars. You know, improves their performance so they can actually be driven? There is literally nothing more boring than a factory original car you have to trailer everywhere because it can't even outperform a modern Honda Civic.

And if you read the other posts in this thread, you will see I am not a "lone ranger" on this one or honestly most of the time. There are plenty of people here that want to DRIVE and enjoy their cars, and that means improving performance and sometimes means changing the 50+ year old "styling". Just because your tastes are stuck in a time long past doesn't mean everyone else's has to be too.

I actually like everything about the car but the gills, for the above mentioned reason. They’re too big and go through the body line. It’s not a bad idea, just a bad execution. And for the record, this is a classic case of build it how you want it that never got finished, and now he wants to sell his vision to another enthusiast. That’s gonna be a harder sell unless you find that guy who agrees with your vision.

I like it. Looks like the builder is on his way to a completed car. With the body painted.

Last edited:
I wonder if it sold. And how it looks completed. We’ve all seen worse and honestly I don’t think it’s bad. I have done my share of parts swapping. For instance. Here’s the lemons asspen. Just put some T/A hood vents for the slant to breathe…. Flame away

90A78CAB-47D8-4DBC-AD34-D80A331EA32D.jpeg

E657D179-7FE1-41FE-9A32-398D41D2CD9F.jpeg

Last edited:
The mods to that car are not really my cup of tea, especially how the gills are all into the body line, BUT from what it looks like, it appears they were done pretty professionally.

-
Back