Cuda got paint!

-
And I say it again - WOW! Man evertime I come to your site I fall deeper in love with your Cuda!. The work you did is outstanding. I like the whole combination of changes from stock you made - the stance, the wheels, the redlines, the wheel offset, the tire sizes - It all works fantastic.

Initially the hood looked a little out of place - the scoop and the black color. The rest of the changes to the car looks more late sixeties/early seventies street hot rod like. I do not recall seeing alot of street Cudas with a black, scooped hoods on them back in the day. So that hood makes it look more like a drag car, particular in the black color.

Don't misunderstand, I love the hood and I love the look! I think in the end it is kick *** and it all works together very well!

Anyway, nice job on the build. When you pull into a parking lot and park next to a bunch of other 2nd gen Cudas, your's will really stand out (unless of course another car has this girl standing next to it). LOL!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 69 Cuda and friend.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 354
  • 68 Cuda andd Friend 2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 360
Thank you very much! I hope we get a early spring. Im dieing to drive it.

Well, I took the hood off today and im gonna paint it blue. That flat black is a big pain in the balls, Always looks streaky and greasey and it wont wipe off. 9 out of 10 say the hood looks out of place black anyways.

I painted my hood blue this week, I'll get some better pictures outside tomorrow.

Attachments

• 100_0311 (600 x 400).jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 259
  • 100_0312 (600 x 400).jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 271
  • 100_0313 (600 x 400).jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 260
Hey 4404SPD what are your tires sizes if you dont mind me asking? Are those 245 in the rear and 225 in the front? just curious. Thanks

Car looks great, looked a little unfinished with the black hood. Now that it's blue, lots better, looks like the car should look. Smokin!

I really like the hood blue. Man you have done a great job on that fish!

Ma Snart

Outside shots from today with the blue hood, As usual there is no sun in Pennsylvania today.

Attachments

• 100_0320 (600 x 400).jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 219
  • 100_0327 (600 x 400).jpg
    86 KB · Views: 214
  • 100_0326 (600 x 400).jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 220
  • 100_0325 (600 x 400).jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 224
  • 100_0319 (600 x 400).jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 208
  • 100_0315 (600 x 400).jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 210
Mmmmmmmmmm, Dan that's some of the best car **** going right now. I love everything about it. Be proud!!!

WOW that hood in blue really mades a huge improvement!!! Really has that finished look to it. Man you got some serious skills there, that car looks incredible!!!

Seeing those outside pictures really makes that blue hood pop. Painting it was the absolute right thing to do.

Once again might I say, beautiful job !!!!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC06816.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 203
Damn, just about the time I get all the drool off my keyboard you post pictures of your awesome car again. LOL.

Bill S.

Very nice. I dont like body color showing through the grilles though.

Bolting the grilles into the header panel before bolting the header panel between the fenders is a lot easier. Only mentioned this to benefit others.
Happy moparing

Thanks everyone! I like the blue hood better myself, It look out of place before.

Very nice. I dont like body color showing through the grilles though.

Bolting the grilles into the header panel before bolting the header panel between the fenders is a lot easier. Only mentioned this to benefit others.
Happy moparing
Doing it that way you have more chances of scratching either the header or the fenders. The grilles bolted in easy with the header on...Just sayin

i like the blue hood too, although i would be happy with that car either way! very nice job. now if springtime would hurry up and get here for you lol

-
Back