Cuda SRT8 392 Gen.III Hemi

New Hemi Engine Swaps

1. Hellcat Cuda

Hellcat Cuda Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    12:11 AM
    Is anyone into the new SubLime color? Wondering how it would look on vintage Mopar...

2. Hellcat Cuda

Local Time:
    Boy, life sure has its twists and turns. Spent a little time this spring finishing organizing my garage so I could paint the Cuda and have a nice spot to park it for assembly. Was going to start the paint process right after Memorial Day. Good plan, eh?

During the week before the holiday, my water heater burst and flooded my home. Ruined the hardwood floors and the carpeting. The good news is it is covered by insurance. Since all the flooring was to be removed, we decided it was a good time for full re-paint and light remodeling.

The bottom line is, I haven't touched the Cuda all summer and don't see it possible until after Christmas. Geez.

Still buying necessary parts and doing research on LCD equipment for my dash. Checking out colors too as I haven't made a final decision there.

Gotta have patience with these projects. If you don't, they just end up as a DNF.

3. fstfish66

fstfish66 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:11 AM
    glad ur insurance covered it,,

• Agree Agree x 1
    • rapidtransitric

rapidtransitric LX/LC platform a body swap pioneer

Local Time:
      2:11 AM
      Progress?

• Hellcat Cuda

Local Time:
      Thank you for your interest and inquiry. In my last post I stated how we'd decided to do a light remodel while repairing water damage to our home. A light remodel escalated to pretty much a full remodel. I'm doing most the work and it progresses slowly as I work full time in a demanding job. This Memorial Day will be one year for the remodel. It is my hope to have it done by then or shortly thereafter. Once the house is done, my wife insists I do nothing else but get my Cuda done. She wants it done as much as I do. I will also be retiring in less than a year, so working on the Cuda will become my full time job.

I really do need to get it on the road because until that point, my mind goes crazy drumming up new ideas for the car that weren't possible previously, but would just be a side track to completing it. The latest notion is to build a 6.2 Hellcat Hemi, but with a Whipple on it. As if a 600ish horsepower 392 is not enough. See what I mean about how crazy my mind gets?

• Like Like x 1
      • Hellcat Cuda

Local Time:
        Big news! I'm nearing completion of my home remodel AND will be retiring in a few months (should know in a couple of weeks). That means I'll finally be able to get going on my Cuda again, virtually full time!

Not having time to work on it, I still find the time to spend money on it. I pulled the trigger on a new Hellcat crate engine, or as Mopar calls it, the Hellcrate. Although all my mods to the car to accommodate the Gen3 392 stroker were complete, I'll probably have a few more mods to do, probably in the area of the firewall where there may be interference with the blower housing.

I created the original "theme" for my car back when the biggest Gen3 was a 6.1 in the SRT cars. Hence, I called my project car "Cuda SRT8". With the new HC engine, I've changed the theme to "Hellcat Cuda" and the car will reflect that in various ways. I've also changed my user name here to Hellcat Cuda

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
        • Like Like x 2
        • rapidtransitric

Local Time:
          Very cool

• RealWing

RealWing FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
          3:11 AM
          Wow. That will be an awesome project I expect that you will now need rear tires that are 3 feet wide!!
          Jim

• 75slant6

75slant6 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          Yea that’s gonna be totally badass!!

• 'Cuda_ragtop

'Cuda_ragtop Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          Great project and awesome skills! Looking forward to seeing more progress.

• Hellcat Cuda

Local Time:
          Well, I retired last Friday. Wow, I haven't gotten use to the idea of not going to work every day. I think having full time availability to finish my home remodel and getting going on my Cuda will get me over the shock.

So I hear that Photobucket has gone all funky on us and is holding our pictures hostage? Does anyone have a suggestion for posting pictures hear now? I had just figured out how to post through PB and my old computer went bad. The new replacement has Windows 10 or so and I'm totally lost and can't do crapwith that system except read forum posts and email. Right now I'm on an old IPad and can't begin to figure out posting with it either.

Some sort of posting direct from the computer to the forum sure would be great. Ideas and suggestions appreciated.

• 'Cuda_ragtop

'Cuda_ragtop Well-Known Member

Local Time:
          I use Google Photos.
          All pictures taken with my android phone are automatically backed up to cloud storage.
          Create albums, share or keep private images, videos and albums.
          Link to my 69 Barracuda project public album in my signature.

• rapidtransitric

Local Time:
          Tap "Upload Photos" block. Then documents, then gallery or uploads. Computer to forum nor outside photo hosting needed.

• Sublime one

Sublime one 72 Demon FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
          IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0886.JPG

• Sublime one

Local Time:
          Not sure how the plumbing pix got on but there is a pix of my Cuda in Sublime and black. I also have a Harley and a truck and a scatpack all done in Sublime and black.mimam working on stuffing a gen 3 in a 72 Demon as we speak. That is how I found your thread. Great looking build you have going for sure.
          Sublime one

• Hellcat Cuda

Local Time:
          Sublime one. The version I'm speaking of would be the one on your late model Challenger. Is your Cuda painted with the late model Sublime or the '70 Sublime?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
        • Hellcat Cuda

Local Time:
          I was keeping my 6.1 based 392 stroker for my "next" project but recently had some serious health issues. This has changed my world a bit. I'm for sure going ahead with my Hellcat Cuda, but not taking on any future projects. Therefore, I am putting the stroker engine up for sale. This is a REAL NICE engine, built by BES Racing. In talking with Tony Bischoff, I told him I wanted at least 525 hp and his response was "oh, it will be well north of that". Perfect for an A- body or would be great in a '06 thru '10 LX car or '09 - '10 Challenger. PM me for specs and pricing...

• Sublime one

Local Time:
          Cuda, truck and bike are all in old version Sublime. No metal flake just flat Sublime.

• Hellcat Cuda

Local Time:
          Well, this week was the 4 yr. anniversary of our home getting flooded. It's been a long, complicated journey in that time and my home is still not quite done. It's getting there though, slow but sure.

There's been some changes with my vehicles that I never could have imagined 4 years ago. In 2017ish, I bought a Hellcat crate Hemi for the Cuda. It was my attempt at finally owning one of the "top dogs" that Mopar currently made. Then in late '18, I sold my Scat Pack Challenger and ordered a new, Hellcat RedEye Challenger. It was all a very surreal experience, like I was dreaming the whole thing. The bottom line is, I now will have a Hellcat RE Challenger and a Hellcat 'Cuda! Quite unbelievable to me, but I'm getting use to it. lol

Within the next couple of months, I should be able to FINALLY start back in on the Cuda. I've got a body shop lined up where the owner has invited me to bring it down when I'm ready and let me use his booth and paint it myself. (did that for a living a long time ago).

I want to bring this thread up to date with a lot of pictures, if anyone can help me with that. I have a lot of pictures that I'd like to show you guys. Maybe it'd be best to just start a new thread? Let me know what y'all think. Many thanks in advance...

Last edited: May 24, 2020 at 12:44 AM
        1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
          By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.