Custom engine compartment pics????

-

72BBSwinger

Reaction score
Im doing some work to my engine compartment and decided to get rid of all the holes,move wiper motor,smooth battery tray mount,cut off lips on the frame rails etc. and would love some motivational pictures. Also thinking about putting in some bars from firewall to frame rails. Im thinking about having them start on the outside of the engine compartment then coming into the engine compartment ahead of the shocks and down to the frame rails....I think I've seen that somewhere? Anyway, post some pics of non stock EC resto's if they're out there.

Crickets....

Attachments

• IMAG0045_zpsacfe9680.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,203
Here mine, modified with no bars.

Attachments

• New Imageeng.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,138
  • eng1.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,176
  • eng2.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,301
I didn't go too crazy with mine, still needs paint, waiting to mock up the motor.

IMG_20130526_152751_851.jpg

IMG_20130527_143055_228.jpg

IMG_20131105_134849_001.jpg

Keep them coming! Im not gonna go to crazy either, just wanna get rid of the all the bobs and weaves that serve no purpose.

not an a-body, but my m-body. I got rid of all the un-needed holes and smoothed out all seems

mine isnt so much custom as it is cleaned up. i got rid of all wiring and clutter.

Bitchen! That is my plan as well, run headlight,fan and horn wiring under the fenders to make people wonder how it functions. Probably a pain in the butt but should set it apart.

only part that sucks is trying to hid the bulkhead connector, then comes the fun part of extending all the wiring. I did the same in my 5th ave

All of those are great. Good jobs. I love those uncluttered and clean engine bays.

only part that sucks is trying to hid the bulkhead connector, then comes the fun part of extending all the wiring. I did the same in my 5th ave
I am gonna just build a new harness for lights,wipers,horn etc. since all of my engine wiring will be basically standalone as it is with the Gen III. Be nice to find a fuse panel and harness that has just horn,lights and wipers. No more bulkhead plug-ins for this goofball.

shades of purple

Attachments

• 100_1860 (Small).jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,043
  • 100_1859 (Small).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,024
  • 100_1857.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,023
here is mine before I went nuts with all the extra stuff. Battery is in the trunk, windshield washer reservoir in its place.wiper motor in cab. Oh yeah, the inner fenders were raised 2" to clear the tires.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000188.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 975
  • WP_000202.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 989
  • WP_000203.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 980
  • WP_000149.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 967
Good job Blue Miss, I dig how buried the channels for the headlight wiring like Young gun did. Im going to that too just need to decide if im gonna use to US CARTOOL inner braces are make some stealthy J bars the will comin the engine compartment right about where the battery tray mounts are.

I'm sure you've seen mine.

DSC_0030.jpg

Right now I'm planning to use a Dakota wiper motor but the Neon one is a great idea. I even think I have a one sitting on my shelf from my old Neon days. I'll have to grab it and check it out.

Riddler

Would like to see a picture or two and a little more info on the Neon wiper motor. Never thought of that.
DSC_0030.jpg

Right now I'm planning to use a Dakota wiper motor but the Neon one is a great idea. I even think I have a one sitting on my shelf from my old Neon days. I'll have to grab it and check it out.

Riddler[/QUOTE]

Yep that Mc cut it close,And yes on the tti's--Steve

Bitchen! That is my plan as well, run headlight,fan and horn wiring under the fenders to make people wonder how it functions. Probably a pain in the butt but should set it apart.
Nice and clean. WOW!!! I can't wait to see your car in person next spring at a car show. Let me know which ones you attend. Maybe my 71 demon 440 will be streetable by then. lol It's close but no Mopar cigar yet. :D

Nice and clean. WOW!!! I can't wait to see your car in person next spring at a car show. Let me know which ones you attend. Maybe my 71 demon 440 will be streetable by then. lol It's close but no Mopar cigar yet. :D

I doubt my car will make it by spring, honey do list is to long im afraid. I'm just taking nibbles at it when I can. This was about a 4 hr. nibble today, pita with the compound angles, but its gonna fly.

Attachments

• IMAG0046_zps411f4268.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 845
-
Back