Custom Hood For My Dart!

-
Looks pretty cool, what is it with us 71 owners :cheers: ? I too am in the process of having a custom hood made, it has an AAR scoop mated to the 71 steel hood and will be functional, pulling in that precious fresh air. Hopfully it will be completed within the next couple months, got the scoop part made now waiting for shipment and then on to the body shop.

That is some nice fabrication work there, and the finished product looks really nice.. subtle, yet classy.

Grant

Looks AWESOME! I'm going to be doing something similar with my 69 hood and grafting either a Ram SRT-10 or a Charger SRT-8 onto it. I really like what you've done. If I haven problems doing it, I may have to send some stuff your way... Great work!
That sounds like an awesome idea!! If you need some help getting it finished up don't hesitate to ask.
that is awesome looking, you did a great job.
Thanks!
very cool!
Thank you!
Looks pretty cool, what is it with us 71 owners :cheers: ? I too am in the process of having a custom hood made, it has an AAR scoop mated to the 71 steel hood and will be functional, pulling in that precious fresh air. Hopfully it will be completed within the next couple months, got the scoop part made now waiting for shipment and then on to the body shop.
That's going to look badass!! Keep us updated!
Very cool idea, and great execution.
Keep the progress photos coming; I'm Car **** Addicted and not afraid to admit it.
I love car ****, don't have to worry about getting busted while looking at it!
That is some nice fabrication work there, and the finished product looks really nice.. subtle, yet classy.

Grant
Thanks a lot, I'm glad you like it.

any updates on this hood? Any more pics, is it painted? Also, would you be able to make one out of a fiberglass hood?

Well the hood is finally finished! Here she is at the HEMI Phoenix in the fall car show today. What do you think?

Attachments

• Swinger at PHX in Fall show 2010 021.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 302
  • Swinger at PHX in Fall show 2010 017.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 329
  • Swinger at PHX in Fall show 2010 018.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 334
  • Swinger at PHX in Fall show 2010 020.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 314
BadAss71,

Do you have any more photos of your entire car (interior, exterior, etc..)? Love the '70 Road Runner tail lamps in the rear bumper as well. What other tricks have you performed? Let's see more! PLEASE!

BadAss71,

Do you have any more photos of your entire car (interior, exterior, etc..)? Love the '70 Road Runner tail lamps in the rear bumper as well. What other tricks have you performed? Let's see more! PLEASE!
The door handles came from a cuda/challenger. The tail lights as you said are from a road runner, and the hood skin from a 2010 challenger. Here are a couple of other pics.

Attachments

• Swinger at PHX in Fall show 2010 022.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 308
  • Swinger at PHX in Fall show 2010 008.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 305
  • Swinger at PHX in Fall show 2010 019.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 326
Your hood turned out really nice! You can pull that off with the lines of the '71 Dart. Don't think it would work with the body shape and lines of the '67-'69 Darts.
Hope you bring it back to MATS next April so I can eyeball it up close. Beautiful car.

This car is definitely a looker. One can appreciate the time and energy spent on it.

nice looking car, i like the painted bumpers... and just nice car all around, you can tell some time was put into it

I saw this car in person yesterday......SWEEEEEEEET is an understatement 8). It was great to meet you D!

Thanks for all of the kind words everyone, there have definitely been a lot of long days and late nights put into it. It still has a long ways to go but its at the point where I can actually enjoy driving it and work on it at the same time. Not literally lol. I'm in the process of finishing up the nitrous system, and a few interior things but nothing really major. The hood was one hell of a project by itself. It was very nice to meet you too Cheryl

what kind of nitrous style plate/fogger and shot are you going to be running... i run a plate 125-150, i did run a 250 on a built 340 and killed a headgasket.

what kind of nitrous style plate/fogger and shot are you going to be running... i run a plate 125-150, i did run a 250 on a built 340 and killed a headgasket.
Im going with a plate style and a 100 shot. The car runs 12.30's at 109 and I think that a 100 shot should get me down around 11.50 hopefully. I can't go any faster until I get a cage and a bunch of other stuff anyway. I will be running the pinks all out here at the end of the month so hopefully I can get the nos kit finished up very soon!

Nicely done! Do you have an official build thread going, if not can you make one?
I'm sure there are quite a few people interested in its progress, including myself.

Nicely done! Do you have an official build thread going, if not can you make one?
I'm sure there are quite a few people interested in its progress, including myself.

You know I actually don't have a build thread. I have thought about putting one together I just haven't done it yet. I think I have most of the pictures on my dads computer so it shouldn't be too difficult to do. Thanks for the interest and the motivating kick in the pants to do it! I will post a link here when its up!

-
Back