Dad's 1966 Dart

-
Ok big up date ! A member has offered a Good running 318 for free !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG this is soooooo freckin cool ..... Now i know i dont have to worry bout the motor i was looking at . It had sat for years ! Im bout jumping up and down here ..... OMG

That's fantastic!!!

I also found some better pics of the car on a disk i found when packing for the move .

Asa, i'm not on here as much lately. Are you moving to a new location?

I think it's great you are doing a build for your dad. you are a fine young man.
your father should be proud. have fun and get er done!!

Thanks I still aint told him yet lol Ive got to sell some stuff im going to sell my barracuda . Just mess with his dart . Cuz the barracuda dont mean much to nether of us its just a car that we happend to get with the others his dart . means some thing to him . He made the dart outta parts no one wanted he gave 100 or 200 for it thay had it on the fork lift loading it in the crusher . he pulled up and saved her . The motor thats in it has been in 4 cars before his . So he knew it would not live for ever lol . But he needed a ride to work and he drove her for years then had to sell her (to help me ) then got her back when the motor went south . So i think its time for me to do some thing for him . The car has sat for years now . The only thing i need him for is the the paint and body lol Hes a body man so hes picky bout that stuff and he wants me to learn from him . and i would get to spend time with my pop . god i hope i can pull this off im scard im going to mess some thing up and i know how much this car means to him .

The motor that's in there is so far gone that the crank moves back and forth. In willin to bet it will need machine work. So, for someone in your shoes bro I would recommend a cheap pick a part motor out of a wrecked truck to work with. A rebuil kit (bearing kit) can typically be had for around $200+ pick a part motor $200 so rani hit it on the head with about $600. I've seen people selling running motors that are still in vehicle (can hear run) for about the same price. As far as that goes, it's up to what you want to do.

as for messing it up: your putting you love and effort in to it for him. Your not gonna mess up anything in his eyes :)

hay brother lol You know the car as much as i do lol . But read the whole thread brother Im already getting a motor for it that I know is a good motor . From a vary kind member. So when he gets done what he needs to thats not needed any more . I can move on to other things lol

hay brother lol You know the car as much as i do lol . But read the whole thread brother Im already getting a motor for it that I know is a good motor . From a vary kind member. So when he gets done what he needs to thats not needed any more . I can move on to other things lol

:banghead: I didn't pay attention to the date....

All you had to do was look it up.

http://www.greyhound.com/en/locations/locations.aspx?state=ok

Address
TULSA GREYHOUND STA
317 S DETROIT
Tulsa, OK 74120

Telephone Numbers
Main: (918 584-4428
Greyhound Package Express: (918 584-3713

Hours Of Operation
Hours of Operation subject to change. Please call to verify hours before making travel arrangements.

Station
Monday - Sunday 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM Holiday 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Greyhound Package Express
Monday - Sunday 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Ticketing
Monday - Sunday 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM Holiday 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Wow maybe i need to start a list now for the names of members that have helped on this . that way when me and pop take her to shows we can put it out in front of the car ...... Im bout in tears over here . bless you all .

Wow maybe i need to start a list now for the names of members that have helped on this . that way when me and pop take her to shows we can put it out in front of the car ...... Im bout in tears over here . bless you all .

What is family for?

-
Back