Dad's 1966 Dart

-
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGQ-ISsDm8M"]Where are the white women at? - YouTube[/ame]

So what parts DO you have to fix the car and what do you need?
I dont know right yet brother . Im still wating on the motor . I know its going to need a hood calpers and all the rubber lines .. its steel lines are better then that was on my cuda lol . thats as far as i have got right yet . Im sure ther will be more but its all wating on the motor I want to get it running before i do or get any thing more .

Asa you know how to put a engine together Karl showed us how. The hard part is finding one that you can refresh like we did to my 360. A salvage yard is out of the question. But you need to be able to hear it run before buying the motor.

He's right Asa, when you get the engine, we can go through it and freshen it up like we did with Cliff's 360.

We'll pop out all the freeze plugs and oil galley plugs and clean out the water and oil passages. Then we can give it a quick hone to clean up and scuff the cylinder walls. We can give it our "backyard" block prep, and it will be good to go.

A refresh kit from Mancini with bearings, rings, and a gasket kit. We can even paint it up real purdy like Rani did to hers.... :thumblef:

He's right Asa, when you get the engine, we can go through it and freshen it up like we did with Cliff's 360.

We'll pop out all the freeze plugs and oil galley plugs and clean out the water and oil passages. Then we can give it a quick hone to clean up and scuff the cylinder walls. We can give it our "backyard" block prep, and it will be good to go.

A refresh kit from Mancini with bearings, rings, and a gasket kit. We can even paint it up real purdy like Rani did to hers.... :thumblef:
Sounds like a ton of fun . By we im guessing you me cliff I said alot me in this post but when i hit post it all went way lmao . So ya . Long story short this was the 1st car i remeber getting to drive . Way be for my DL lmao . Its been in the famliy sice 96 or 97 . It got pop to work many of them years before he sold her .

Ok ive had some members asking whats going on with this ... nothing yet im still looking for a hood . damn 66 is hard to find lol

come on guys, there has to be 66 hood somewhere. quit holding out.

LOL i would bill but if i get it back open I aint going to get it shut agin . (I know the motors junk ) But i dont want any thing getting in the carb and other stuff im going to reuse . I will try an tell you in detail where its rotted ....................... Where the hood bolts to the hinge . Is all gone right infront of that its gave way (at the stress point) Both sides I didnt see it . when i went to close it and it folded over(taco ) . So its bent and rusted lol . Magumdart was here he seen me do it lol He had to help me get it shut . I really thank you bill for helping me look..... You want to know the sad part is i knew it was rotted . But i was talking to him and forgot to help it lol

How about an update...What other stuff do you need? Wheels, tires, are the brakes functional? A lot of us have stuff just sitting around and will help if we know what else is needed.

How about an update...What other stuff do you need? Wheels, tires, are the brakes functional? A lot of us have stuff just sitting around and will help if we know what else is needed.
The bakes on it work . But its been like 10ish years sice that stuff was gone though and ive made up my mind to give my BBP set up . I have for the cuda . So 95 % of the sup and brakes are here . I could use a Ing with a key . And some rear shocks . The air shocks on it dont hold air for more then 2 days lol . I will need a pan gaskit and other gaskits . (Maybe tie rods ) I dont know if i got the right ones when i got them for the cuda lol . I know I will need Rubber brake lines . thats all i can think of right now . other then body stuff and thats just lower 1/4s and the hood . Maybe my brother will help me remember any thing i forgot . God bless yall ! :shock::prayer:

Ps I aint started workin on it yet . Dads got his shop full and i cant tell him why i need it so i have to wate intell hes not usein it then one day when hes at work toss her in there . Thats when he will know whats going on .

Ok well I worked it into a cov .. (useing the barracuda ) To get him to tell me what hes already got for the car . Hes got 4 speed carpit and one 1/4 But he dont remeber what side lol . and has no clue where its at sice he got it back lol (I will ask my uncle ) He will not tell dad if i ask him not to Hes the one that bought it when dad had to sell it years ago . To even shoot the **** i asked him if he wanted to put it back the way it was when he took me to my 1st mopar show in it ........ (Rallies and a flat black hood and 6 pack hood scoop ) He said no . He wants to have a flat hood and paint the car white agin and run the rallies . I made a joke he need a new shifter . He told me No lol I said why not a pistle grip . he said nope i like the one thats in it lol I cant find any pics of the car from the car show But i have one of its sister car May she RIP . (uncles old car ) the cars was twins

Attachments

• 29239070116_large.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 174
Asa make a list of what you have and don't do it by memory. Check your parts and write them down. I see there is a lot of help for you here if you can make a new thread about parts you have and don't have.

-
Back