Dads Barracuda

-
Looks awesome!! Love the green.
Oh, it's more fun if you ask the bride to help you "work out the wrinkles" LOL

Cool car. Color looks like GG1 which is a '68 color. That is what color my car is painted. 360 engine is a great choice, longer stroke much better then a 340.

Just a little heat and some TLC and the wrinkles will be gone! I'm going with the stock sport wheels too, Bill. Can you tell me the tire size you used? Looks great. BTW the paint is a newer Plymouth color the previous owner told me, just a little bluer green.

Got the old tank and filler tube out. The sending unit said 1/4 tank but it was 3/4 full? I think the battery was just shot but I'm going to replace the sending unit, it will never be easier. What a treat. 45 year old parts with Detroit salt and Florida ocean rust. New parts going in. I can't find a decent replacement filler neck so I guess I'll have to try to clean this part. I would rather not put a rusty tube in my new tank!

Attachments

• Gastank1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 528
  • Gastank2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 512
Love the factory original look. Is that a 340 S emblem under the Barracuda on the fender?

Found a replacement filler neck, thanks FABO ply30. I don't know how I would be able to finish without this incredible resource, you all.

Got bit by the 'might as wells'. Might as well pull the rear end while I'm waiting for the filler neck, might as well dig into the brackets, might as well order new springs, brackets, u bolts, bushings, what about pipes, headers, somebody stop me!!!

L.O.L!!!!!!
I feel your pain.
Sometimes it's tough to know when to say when.
I started to make a list of the things I'd like to purchase and another list of the things I MUST have to make it a driver. After it's compleated I will save money and tackle the WANT TO HAVES list one at a time. THat way I'll be able to enjoy driving it while I'm still young enough to drive.
Great looking car you have there, Enjoy it.

I'm trying to have my midlife crisis while I'm young enough to enjoy it too! Seems like a game of hurry up and wait with a little one step forward, 2 steps back thrown in.

Sorry to hear that your dad passed away but I guess he smiles up there when you have purchased the car back to your family and will restore it! Way to go! Good luck with the restoration.

Thanks Ulf. I remember him telling me stories about how he raced the police chief around the lake in his red Hudson. He had 340 heads he always wanted to put on the 318 in the cuda so I know he would love this build.

Stance with new 1" higher springs
Bag-O-HP
Cuda meet your new friend

Attachments

• May-51.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 388
  • May5-2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 389
  • May5-3.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 375
Just got the engine back from the shop today. So far everything looks good. 20 over, ported, bowl blended heads, polished crank, reconditioned rods, forged aluminum pistons, lunati roller cam, break in lubed and ready to install. Also got the shortened drive shaft today. Planning on firing it up this month, hard to wait for all the little details. I see a glint in the tail light, think the car is excited too!

Thanks. Working on finding a trans guy to redo the 904 to take 400hp.

Meet staff sargent Ian home on leave and dreaming of cruzin

Attachments

• motor2.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 317
really sorry to hear about your dad, but it is super cool that you got his car back. When you get it back on the road it will be like he is there with you when you take his baby for a ride. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks for the kind words dartman. Now that my son has had a hand in the resto its even better!

I wish I had a son as I have two girls. Enjoy your time with him and take LOTS of pictures for the future.

If your girls aren't into the hobby just be careful picking son in laws! In the meantime enjoy your cool ride.

So I found a guy to rebuild my trans right across the street from Flat Rock Speedway, go figure. Blue line clutches, trans go shift kit and professional work. Assembled the engine and trans and dropped er in. Looks like the patriot headers will clear everything and the airgap will clear the hood with no problems. Now its just all the little stuff! BTW not my arm with the Chevy emblem!

Attachments

• IN1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 294
  • IN2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 302
  • IN3.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 283
-
Back