Dads Barracuda

-
Still workin' . All the little stuff. Rad needed up 1/2' to clear the fan, master cylinder is empy, trans cooler line twisted closed, air cleaner too high, headers bump steering column, and all that jazz. One by one getting er done. Today working on exhaust and trans lines. Fightin all the way.

Fired up the new motor today. SHE RUNS! Lunati cam sounds awesome thru the Jegs exhaust. Patriot headers are leakin like a sieve tho so still stuff to do but she lites up the 3.55 posi like nobodys business!

It's also nice to see that the upgraded radio was mounted under the dash and that the original radio is still intact.

The after market gauges are installed with double faced tape to the underside of the dash, too. Now if I could just just get rid of that annoying tic in the motor. Retorqued the bolts after a few heat cycles. Checked the inspection plate, nothing bumpin. Pulled the drivers valve cover and shifted the rockers while it was running and that didn't seem to help. I'm afraid the windage tray might be bumpin the rotating assembly. Definitely in sync with the rpm's. We'll see.

I used the exhaust gaskets that came with the rebuild gasket kit. You know the cheap perforated aluminum and cardboard ones. Lookin more and more like just exhaust leaks so got the Pearcy gashets on order.

Company in the Detroit area called Ornametal. 734-941-9100. They're right by Detroit metro airport. Took about 4 weeks. They used chemicals to dissolve the chrome remaining on the dash, sanded down the surfaces and did a nice job on the plating. They also refinished the lenses so they were crisp and clear and repaired a small crack at eh base of the radio bezel. $415 did the job, fortunately I live close enough to drop off and pick up. BTW was just in Peggys cove last week, beautiful area.

Yeah, bro - your dash is beautiful. Love the chrome on the center caps! I may do something like this with my car after I get EVERYTHING else squared-away but, for now, the arts-n-crafts approach is what I'm going with. Thanks for posting the company info.

Yeah I got a million small details to do. Just trying to get it runnin right. Its a 20/20 car for now but 1 step at a time. BTW ornametals website shows some stuff they do. Everything I saw looked top notch but not cheap.

The good news, the remflex gaskets worked great, quieted down the exhaust sound in the engine compartment. The bad news, I can hear the ugly engine noise so much better now. Sounds like tq shield or crank on the windage tray so I pulled the inspection shield and inspected. Nada. So getting ready to pull the motor today. SUX

Been a while since I posted so heres the latest. Turns out the aftermarket oil pan was pushing the trans cover into the flex plate. Discovered it while we were unbolting the motor. What a lucky break. Fixed the stat housing leak, installed new header gaskets and solved the tic. Put in a new gas line and just about got it where I want it. The valve covers neetede clearancing for the intake and got that done. The Patriot headers hang really low so I tweeked the tortion bars. Just in time for the weather to shut me down. Come on spring!

The car is riding on 205 14" tires now, so I'm thinkin 15 for the back with 255 60 r15's and a taller 14 for the front to give me better header clearance and a nice stance.

I bought this car in October of 2012. A slant six car in the barn since 2002. This is my interior.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 269
This is my horse power. Got a little crazy on stainless.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 274
You need to get your fish done and keep it forever. Any more questions let me know.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 284
Thanks for sharing the pics on your awesome ride. You did a great job under the hood and the interior looks factory new. You have just the wheel well fill I'm looking for. Appreciate your help.

I really want to put 275 60 15 on the back. My perches are moved in 1/2". Dave it looks like you are using the MT street pro tires. Did you have to do anything to make them not rub?

1/2" to hanger. Yes I made those mud flaps out of lexan. Did not want crap on paint.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 210
The advantage of the et street tire is it is a steel belted tire with the rubber compound of the slick. I hope this helped.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 221
Thanks for the detailed pics. I'm goin for it! I'll post some pics when they're installed.

-
Back