Dads Barracuda

-
So sorry you lost your dad...It's very fitting that you reacquired the car and you have designs for your son to have it one day..
My Duster project is nowhere near the heirloom vehicle your fish is, but I am building it with my son in the driveway and we speak often while we are working on it that one day it will be his and in turn he will keep it in his family as it has meant so much to us...

Sorry to here about your father.... I just started to follow this build and as I read all the comments about dads and their kids I have a few words for young dads get them interested in you cars and you will always have something to talk to them about.

Good luck

Thank you for your kind words. My son is getting out of the airforce this fall. As you know these cars are never really done so there will be stuff for us to work on together still. I remember all those hours in the drive with my Dad, and with cuda its almost like he's still here.

Got home today to a stack of tires! Couldn't wait to stick one on and see how it looks.

Attachments

• tires.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 340
Well how is the fitment? Put all four on and show and tell.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 366
Watcha think?

Attachments

• Tires5.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 337
  • Tires4.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 324
  • Tires3.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 339
  • Tires2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 326
The ESPO spring are 1" higher and new so I expect them to settle a little bit. I tried 275's on the back but there was about 1/4" between the front of the tire and the well edge so your lookin at 255's. I'm actually happier with the little bit shorter tire so it doesn't dilute my 3.55 gear. The rims needed a little clearancing on the front hub but no big deal. Thanks for the heads up Dave, the look is just what I wanted.

Just heard my son is coming home on leave May 11. Showed him pics, boy is he geeked! Also shot a small video, I'll post a link.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ungf_eVKw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ungf_eVKw[/ame]
Thanks everyone for all the advice and support that's resulted in this fun ride!

Thanks for the kind replys. Just picked up on a wide band O2 sensor. Let the games begin!

Sounds great Wayne! Are you running the Jeggs exhaust you were telling me about?

Yep, kinda a snug fit between the gas tank and the offset hangers but a little trim will make it work better. Just the sound I was looking for. Gonna post a full throttle run soon. The back end just dances!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY6osbj8Kck"]Dads Cuda 2 - YouTube[/ame]

So I still have some tuning to do but that's not gonna stop the grandkids from having some fun! Jordan was giggling like a school girl, kinda like me!

Thanks. Jordan is the 4th generation to sit in the car!

Attachments

• Can.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 167
  • connecters1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 126
  • connecters2.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 113
Finally got my ignition sorted. I wanted to upgrade the entry level elec ignition so I bought a Mallory Hyfire when I put the motor together. Installed it last week and had trouble starting the car. I thought it might be a bad ground or loose wire connection but it went from intermittent to no go. Called Summit but they said it was purchased too long ago. Apparently MSD bought them and there is no customer support for Mallory so Summit gave me a small price break on a MSD 6al-2. Wired it in and the car started right up and runs like a champ. Still have to clean up the wiring rats nest. Takin the Mallory out to the gun range.

Attachments

• ign1.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 128
  • ign2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 113
-
Back