Dads Plum Crazy Demon Project

-
looks great man. Wish I had access to a paint booth. Abuddy ofmine can paint my car and Is planning on painting my car when the timecomes, but we gotta locate a booth. Guess I'll have to look for one when the time comes.

looks great man. Wish I had access to a paint booth. Abuddy ofmine can paint my car and Is planning on painting my car when the timecomes, but we gotta locate a booth. Guess I'll have to look for one when the time comes.

Hey just let me know when your ready to paint, that booth is at my buddies shop and is available for rent. Its in mesa off of alma school and broadway.

Hey just let me know when your ready to paint, that booth is at my buddies shop and is available for rent. Its in mesa off of alma school and broadway.

cool. I'll let you know. When I'm ready, it will be a whle I have about 3-4 more months of fab work to do on the car before it will be ready for body work.

Ok guys! Finally an update on dads car. I got it down to the shop yesterday finally, and was able to get some work done on it. I removed the old harness and manifolds from the 6.1, put a fresh coat of hemi orange on the block and attached the alterk motor mounts to it. Then just dropped it in the hole. Then lifted the car and installed the 727 trans. Everything lined right up beautifly! Tomorrow I plan on putting the headers on and also measuring for the driveshaft. I took some pics along the way today. Enjoy!

Attachments

• DSCN2446.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 622
  • DSCN2455.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 618
  • DSCN2454.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 628
  • DSCN2453.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 626
  • DSCN2452.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 632
  • DSCN2451.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 621
  • DSCN2450.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 630
  • DSCN2449.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 612
  • DSCN2448.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 618
  • DSCN2447.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 633
That is going to be one sweet ride.

Another one that looks great!!!!

That is going to be one sweet ride.
Thanks guys!

I was able to work on the demon a little bit today, its still early so I might be able to get a few more things accomplished yet! I got the tti headers bolted on, and I must say, these are some nice headers. The fit is perfect. I took some pics of the progress so far today. Next step will be installing the radiator, the original one from the srt8 charger, mocking up the coolant resevoir and power steering resevoir and lines.

Attachments

• DSCN2465.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 558
  • DSCN2464.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 559
  • DSCN2463.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 568
  • DSCN2462.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 580
which brand paint did you use? and how much if you know? Paint code also a bouns!!! :)

I was able to get some work done on the car today! I got the radiator mounted "Original Charger Radiator" and the factory radiator hoses on. Also was able to get the front valance and fender extensions bolted on. I then moved on to the engine harness. Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• DSCN2543.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 514
  • DSCN2544.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 518
  • DSCN2545.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 507
  • DSCN2546.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 500
  • DSCN2547.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 496
what are you looking to do for a gas tank?
We are using a factory repop tank modified to accept an in tank pump with a baffle and all that jazz. Then using a gm inline fuel filter/regulator. Should work like a charm! Hopefully....haha

Hey man I don't know if you ever said but what engine management are you going to use? Factory or some other way? I wanna see what you come up with. I'm so busy lately I don't have much time for my car but, your getting me motivated to get going on it. Keep up the good work

Thanks man! Looks like we are both running the same suspension front and rear. I can't wait to drive this thing!

Ya, you and me both!! Next Summer seems like a looooong way away. I get my car back from painter in a couple three weeks. Once it returns I will start a thread of my own. Your car is looking great!

This car is ohhh so sweet.
Thanks man!
Hey man I don't know if you ever said but what engine management are you going to use? Factory or some other way? I wanna see what you come up with. I'm so busy lately I don't have much time for my car but, your getting me motivated to get going on it. Keep up the good work
We went with a reflashed 05 ram ecm to run it, and we just picked up a purpose built harness. We plan on using a diablosport to tune it with. We aren't going to crazy with power at this point, but plan on installing a supercharger down the road. Using the diablosport should work well with future upgrades. I can't wait to see your beast up and running man! That thing is going to be scary fast.
Ya, you and me both!! Next Summer seems like a looooong way away. I get my car back from painter in a couple three weeks. Once it returns I will start a thread of my own. Your car is looking great!
Thanks for the compliment man! Can't wait to see pictures of your ride! What color are you painting it???

Here is my dads 71 demon that is being transformed into a sort of pro touring style. Currently te car is off the rotissorie and at my good friend chris's shop Elite Automotive Finishes in Mesa AZ. After the car returns, were going to install the 6.1 hemi and figure out exactly what we are going to do for a transmission. It has full RMS suspension front and rear, and is tubbed. Enjoy the pics and any comments welcome!

Nice... Where's that rack system from ?

-
Back