Daily Drivers (A-Bodies)

-
'72 Vailant /6 Daily driver, close to 30mpg. Rain or shine or snow!

73 slant is mine and the 66 slant is Nikkis, both are daily drivers rain sun or snow.

100_4791.jpg

71 Dart Swinger 80,000 miles unrestored original paint WILL TRADE FOR MOPAR WAGON IN SAME CONDITION
daily driven for last 10 years
picture from 2009 Mopars with Big Daddy Show
its the only car i have
my wife works and drives 97 Expedition 180,000 miles

033.JPG

This is the only car that I own that is really in drivable condition. But I do have a van I use for work that I take home. Before I had this job, I drove it 80 miles round trip through Los Angeles to Thousand Oaks, CA to get to work.

I've put about 50-60K miles on it since 1993. Until 1998 I drove it from LA to Iowa for college, but I lived close enough to school it didn't get driven back and forth to campus. I've driven to 14 states.

snowcuda.jpg

Back in sunny L.A. for good. Makes for nice moving van.

CudaLastTripUnpackingAllMed.jpg

not daily but mine gets driven regularly when I am not driving the pick up or riding the bike

I used to drive my 68 cuda everyday, till I had an electrical problem forcing me to tear it apart...Now the suspension is almost done being rebuilt with front disc brakes, and I just finished installing a b body rear with 355 sure grip. All I need now is to find a floor shift steering column, and install a floor shifter...then I will drive it more than my 77 chevy truck which gets terrible gas mileage...

I have 2 74's both were daily drivers until last week steering issues parked the sedan but the hardtop is still a daily driver

everywhere I go! :D Get 17-24 mpg depending on how I drive it.. That is awesome auto-x!

This is the only car that I own that is really in drivable condition. But I do have a van I use for work that I take home. Before I had this job, I drove it 80 miles round trip through Los Angeles to Thousand Oaks, CA to get to work.

I've put about 50-60K miles on it since 1993. Until 1998 I drove it from LA to Iowa for college, but I lived close enough to school it didn't get driven back and forth to campus. I've driven to 14 states.

snowcuda.jpg

Back in sunny L.A. for good. Makes for nice moving van.

CudaLastTripUnpackingAllMed.jpg

Your car makes me want to put my stock drive train back in. 318 2bbl with a 904. The 7 1/4 wouldn't find its wake back in but I still have it.

My combo right now gets less than 10mpg....

My 69 Barracuda (360, 904 w shift kit, 3.23 suregrip in 8 3/4, 10 mpg ) gets driven daily, unless we are taking the grandkids, then it's the 59 Suburban....

Your car makes me want to put my stock drive train back in. 318 2bbl with a 904. The 7 1/4 wouldn't find its wake back in but I still have it.

My combo right now gets less than 10mpg....

I only got 12 mpg. About 13-14 going across country in highway miles. Cruised at about 3500 rpm when I had 225/60/15 tires on it. But I drove it across country once with 225/50/15 tires! That was 3800 rpm for about 1600 mile in about 50 hours.

About the time I got this job with the company vehicle gas was still under $1.80/gallon in 2004.

I drive my '65 Chrysler a lot in the Summer, but otherwise the '74 Dart.

Dart%20in%20snow%20feb%201%202008%20add%20red.JPG

This was my daily driver for many years. My son got ahold of it and destryed it in short order. It sits ina garage 6 miles from my house awaiting a resto by the guy I sold it to. A couple of more years pass with no progress and I am going to buy it back.

103_0180.JPG

mine will be my daily in the summer for the most part (Except going to work since i start at 4 in the morning and its 2 minutes from my house, id rather not wake up the whole city block that early lol)

68 was everyday for 7 years: Needs some work now so it has been sitting since last summer when we found and registered the 63 for my daughter. She only has a permit but I we drove it everyday from June to December. Took it out last week again, forgot how much I miss it.

When I had it, i drove the Scamp everday. Now I drive the Coronet rain or shine, no snow though. Sometimes i get 10 mpg too.

-
Back