DAMMIT...

-
Keep them, put street radials on for when you drive it around town.
I like the wheels. And the advice of just put street radials on them for the daily prowl.
That might be the ugliest wheel I have personally ever seen. Wow
Seriously? You added that for your two cents?!?!
:rofl:

I like the wheels. And the advice of just put street radials on them for the daily prowl.

Seriously? You added that for your two cents?!?!
:rofl:
Yeah, I'm known to just say what I think, old age does that. And your "liking" of the wheels is no different than my "not" liking them, so your 2 cents has the same face value as mine! Hahahaha

Yeah, I'm known to just say what I think, old age does that. And your "liking" of the wheels is no different than my "not" liking them, so your 2 cents has the same face value as mine! Hahahaha
YUP!
:thumbsup:
At least I wasn’t negative.... :poke:
:p

Yet another thread ruined by the the English professors and the Grim Reapers. Poor guy just trying to get some answers. He is frustrated enough.

Seeing as how I already own them, they gonna get run. I just use these for street driving while I save up for a true race wheel.

Like my mother taught me, if you don't have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all..
I think we have the same mother. Mine taught me that as well.
Sorry about the rims that sucks majorly. Been there done that but not on that expensive of a level. I like them tho. Maybe you could keep them for street duties or sell them to someone else for the street.

Seeing as how I already own them, they gonna get run. I just use these for street driving while I save up for a true race wheel.
Well I already said those rims were my favorites. Course that was no attempt to put anything down. With that said I'll gladly trade you my ugly *** rims LOL for yours any day of the week. Of course I'm talking about my street rims like yours some rims that I could afford to get me by and do the job well. let's face it had me and you had an endless budget we would have damn sure picked different rims than we have now.

Sorry to hear this. I think they look cool. I tend to lean towards old school chrome but on some cars I really dig the black Darth Vader look. I am sure that you'll be able to sell them and recoup some of your money. Good Luck

There simply must be consensus! Gentlemen, I submit this for your consideration...

Google Image Result for https://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i60/2/12/3/frabz-DAMN-IT-JIM-JUST-DAMN-IT-JIM-de154b.jpg
frabz-DAMN-IT-JIM-JUST-DAMN-IT-JIM-de154b.jpg

Well if your just running at street legal races they don't care. Unless you hit a speed that you do need them but that's a different story, run them and see what they say.

Ok, so i have been looking at wheel myself. proper width, backspacing. yada yada yada.
NOwhere's did i see anything about sfi and why does it need to be SFI. aka what make is sfi and why can't you just use longer wheel studs and nut, and be done with it?????

So I'm going to have to look only in the "Race Wheels" section for wheels..... because the tech inspector is going to be looking for a SFI sticker???? I Don't Think So.............

Someone Educate me please:(

The funny thing is this car will spend 99 percent of its life on the street but I've invested so much time and money building it to pass tech that its realy a bummer.

Do you think a tech inspector is going to get on his hands and need to find the sfi?

No he's also not gonna see the SFI sticker on my flex plate but I know it's there and I know it's not gonna blow apart.

Maybe when your going fast enough that you need to have your roll cage certified they check them too?!? I just don't see it.
For the most part, a street wheel has to put up with much more abuse than a drag slick/rim

I did not find anywhere where it taked about SFI wheels
11.99 seconds (7.49 1/8th) Steel Valve Stems Arm Restraints (open cars)

Wheels & Lug Nuts All wheels must have ALL lug nuts in place and securely fastened. All street tires must have minimum 1/16 inch tread depth. Vehicles with slicks must have open ended lug nuts. The thread engagement on all wheel studs to the lug nut, or lug bolts to wheel hubs, must be equivalent to or greater than the diameter of the stud/bolt. Length of the stud/bolt does not determine permissibility. (Example: A 7/16-inch stud must be thoroughly engaged through the threads in the hex portion.

rules.PNG

I don't see any SFI for rims
Ok let start here, does anyone have some RACE RIMS that has a SFI sticker on it.
I'm thinking only the $1500 to $4000 Per Rim, Beadlock rims do. Tell me if i'm Wrong.

Good luck with your build, if we all liked the same stuff this hobby would be boring!

Last edited:
Maybe when your going fast enough that you need to have your roll cage certified they check them too?!? I just don't see it.
For the most part, a street wheel has to put up with much more abuse than a drag slick/rim
No they don't check the wheels. You don't even need to have wheels on the car to be inspected and certified.

I’ve never had anyone check my wheels. Mine do have SFI rating sticker on the inside IIRC and they are not $1500+ each. Tech has checked belts, battery tie down, helmet, and coolant overflow. I’ve never been checked for anything other than that but I don’t race at the strictest places either. With lugs, they want them to stick out past the nut a distance equal to the lug diameter. At least thats what I recall when reading the rules.

I’ve never had anyone check my wheels. Mine do have SFI rating sticker on the inside IIRC and they are not $1500+ each. Tech has checked belts, battery tie down, helmet, and coolant overflow. I’ve never been checked for anything other than that but I don’t race at the strictest places either. With lugs, they want them to stick out past the nut a distance equal to the lug diameter. At least thats what I recall when reading the rules.

I HAVEN`T SEEN A LOAD RATING ON THEM, ALL THE WHEELS I`VE EVER BOUGHT FROM JEGS OR SUMMIT HAD A LOAD RATING--------MY PROSTARS WERE 1500 AND SOMETHING APIECE.

I HAVEN`T SEEN A LOAD RATING ON THEM, ALL THE WHEELS I`VE EVER BOUGHT FROM JEGS OR SUMMIT HAD A LOAD RATING--------MY PROSTARS WERE 1500 AND SOMETHING APIECE.

Ouch!!! I just checked and mine are SFI rated. I paid $1600 for all 4.

Last edited:
So some rims have a sfi rating but NHRA don't care..............
They do care that the lug nut are open at the end and that the thread proturde thru the lug nut.

When i put slick on my car i had to install a drive shaft loop and install much longer wheel studs. my lug nuts were shoulder acorns and i just hacked the end off of the acorn so that the thread could go threw then end.
Never had a tech oficial take a 2nt look at it in 20 year. AND I GUARANTEE THESE TURBO(SLOT/FINNED ALU WHEELS) would never past a SFI Rating.
Just saying......

-
Back