DAMMIT...

-
Glad to hear folks not getting flack over their wheels.
My car is more than fully gutted. If I dont absolutely need it, it's been cut off and thrown out. We talking cutting off little sections of 18 gauge sheetmetal...So it's far from heavy.

This is a "street race" car built to pass 8.50 tech. Granted I'm not at 8.50 yet but that's my goal.

This is the last car I can build before kids and marriage start costing me, so I want it done right and done once...

Thanks to everyone for all the help and advice.

View attachment 1715233116

Do not buy these wheels....

JEGS, SSR Mag....
My friend has a 87 Dodge Dakota that has those same wheels. There is nothing wrong with them you just have to use openend Acron stile lug nuts. He has been in the 10.70 in the 1/4 with his and street drives it. Heck I have the same kind you have but mine do not have the painted centers.

18166613-B8B8-431A-8FB5-C868363C2670.png

My friend has a 87 Dodge Dakota that has those same wheels. There is nothing wrong with them you just have to use openend Acron stile lug nuts. He has been in the 10.70 in the 1/4 with his and street drives it. Heck I have the same kind you have but mine do not have the painted centers.

View attachment 1715234226
sweet dakota. Anymore info on it? you can pm me if you want. (didn't mean to derail the thread)

sweet dakota. Anymore info on it? you can pm me if you want. (didn't mean to derail the thread)
It's not a derail when it shows/proves these wheels are BAD ARSS enought to install and never look back!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Derail away, I've learned what I needed to on this subject so go wild!

They do look killer on a white and black car.
My car is also white with a black stripe.

I saw a thread about a car that smacked the wall after a wheel came apart. The driver thought he bought SFI rated but it wasn’t. Right/wrong/or indifferent that alone would make me run an SFI wheel on an car shooting for 8.50 certification as a goal.

I say when you get it to run in the 10's you may need to revisit this plan. and consider some $$$$$ Beadlock rims. until then, have fun with what you have.

He has a pump gas gen 3 Hemi in it . Ritter intake. I think a 750 DP carb. I would have to ask him again. 727 with trans brake. 4.30 gears and 275/60/15 drag Radial tires. He races in a class claimer class. Which you can only run production block, heads cranks, Rods etc. some body that’s racing in the class can come up and claim your engine for $1500. It’s a class that try’s to make it so every body has a chance to win and have fun. Back to his truck. I don’t remember his cam specks. But he is a member here but I mostly see him on the gen III section.

5FC19A25-B481-4C2D-AA1B-389B53BF7274.png

E89AE99A-71C0-4807-A2A7-71E097BAA769.png

Its SO far from nice. I got the car as part of a deal about 15 years ago. It was my daily driver for about 10 years in the snow, ice and salt...

She started as a full interior 318 904 7.25 granny get down.

In all honesty I should have started with a better car but shes mine and she has never let me down.

Now shes got a 12 point funny car cage, a bad *** 360 built by my buddy's at Gromm Racing and still has never let me down.

Shes ugly, got lots of rust and a paint job that I wish some *** hat had never put on her.

But shes mine and each time i make her quicker all folks wanna know is when you gonna fix the body and paint?
I just may never fix the rust or paint her.

She already won first place in the largest MOPAR show in California going against 100,000 Dolar hemi cars so all the folks who don't like it can go get stuffed..

I like it ! But is it fast ? lol I hear a guy named jpar is looking for a race.

The engines not built to be fast but she's QUICK!

With the engine I can afford she runs stoplight to stoplight.

My goal is to run against my buddy's some day with 1,600 HP as long as I dont get black flagged for rust falling off I'll be fine..

My and J par will race at some point.

Although it wont be the cluster fluck that was. It will probably just be time slips. We live to far a part.

But I will build anything he needs cuz he's a **** welder and I want him to be safe...

:)

Its SO far from nice. I got the car as part of a deal about 15 years ago. It was my daily driver for about 10 years in the snow, ice and salt...

In all honesty I should have started with a better car but shes mine and she has never let me down.

Now shes got a 12 point funny car cage, a bad *** 360 built by my buddy's at Gromm Racing and still has never let me down.

Shes ugly, got lots of rust and a paint job that I wish some *** hat had never put on her.

But shes mine and each time i make her quicker all folks wanna know is when you gonna fix the body and paint?

She already won first place in the largest MOPAR show in California going against 100,000 Dolar hemi cars so all the folks who don't like it can go get stuffed..

I know a guy that won over $40,000 in a stock looking, faded stock paint, roadrunner.
Looks don't make it fast !

That's what I always say!
Paint don't make it any faster/quicker or stop any better...

When I entered top gun at the big mopar show the folks with there fancy cars wouldn't even talk to me. I think they think rust is contagious...

I picked up my '72 Demon off a farm in Idaho. Early on I got the chance to run it at the Las Vegas 1/4 mile. After the second easy pass, as I was picking up the timing slip, they told me I couldn't go again until I stopped dumping dirt on the starting line.

Searched the car over for the source of dirt but couldn't find it. As I slapped the trunk lid closed something fell all over the ground at my feet. Mouse droppings! The truck lid was full of mouse turds. Dropping the clutch on those 14" wide slicks was starting to break things loose.

We duct taped the whole inside of the trunk lid up tight and made another pass without trouble. Never told them it wasn't dirt, that my car was actually pooping on their starting line.

I picked up my '72 Demon off a farm in Idaho. Early on I got the chance to run it at the Las Vegas 1/4 mile. After the second easy pass, as I was picking up the timing slip, they told me I couldn't go again until I stopped dumping dirt on the starting line.

Searched the car over for the source of dirt but couldn't find it. As I slapped the trunk lid closed something fell all over the ground at my feet. Mouse droppings! The truck lid was full of mouse turds. Dropping the clutch on those 14" wide slicks was starting to break things loose.

We duct taped the whole inside of the trunk lid up tight and made another pass without trouble. Never told them it wasn't dirt, that my car was actually pooping on their starting line.
Now that's a good one! They could've bounced you for unsecured ballast.

-
Back