Damn Snap-On man.......

-
I remember when I had a snapon account, the pos guy/sales van driver fraud'd me and and sold tools to his buddys on my account, When I found him [he changed areas] I yanked his stupid azz outta the truck and as he fell kicked him in his ribs then as the techs at the shop he was parked at broke it up, I told him if he didn't make it right I was gonna beat him with 1 of the $400 slide hammers he billed ME for that I never knew about.

fixed, and he lost his job

Well, that will never happen with my guy. He is straight forward, even cuts us breaks when he can.

I can't justify putting 25-30k worth of tools in a $600 box. I also need to present myself as a professional in my field with professional tools. JMO.

Well, that will never happen with my guy. He is straight forward, even cuts us breaks when he can.

I can't justify putting 25-30k worth of tools in a $600 box. I also need to present myself as a professional in my field with professional tools. JMO.

hey, right on man , sorry if I became a rain cloud, it just reminded me of my experience with our once local snap off guy.

Nothin better than good tools as long as a tool isn't selling them to you.

Nice! I really like how the newer boxes come with that second full width drawer. will come in handy for long prybars, drivers and stuff.

i agree it says a lot when you are willing to spend the money on tools to do the job right. its just crazy how much it costs lol but o well lol. bein a mechanic makes enough and they have plenty of ways to make it easier on us

THey had a cash for clunkers on the Snap-On truck and........I traded in my new box for more than I bought it for and got the same financing for just $12 more a week and got this.....

It measures 72"w x 45"h x 28"d.....

Damn tool trucks......8)

Yeah! Now we're talking! Very, very nice box. That's the way I like to roll - but can I afford it? It'll take Snap-On's biggest pry-bar to get this Scottsman's wallet open. :toothy10:

Wylde1.

How can tools be more expensive than highly stressed, complicated and precision-machined engine parts? I'd break ten cheapo wrenches or sockets or whatever before I even thought of financing a tool set. Of course, I'm only an amateur mechanic though, I guess it's different for the professionals...

THey had a cash for clunkers on the Snap-On truck and........I traded in my new box for more than I bought it for and got the same financing for just $12 more a week and got this.....

It measures 72"w x 45"h x 28"d.....

Damn tool trucks......8)

Freaking Sweet!

How can tools be more expensive than highly stressed, complicated and precision-machined engine parts? I'd break ten cheapo wrenches or sockets or whatever before I even thought of financing a tool set. Of course, I'm only an amateur mechanic though, I guess it's different for the professionals...

If you're trying to make or better book time as a professional mechanic you HAVE to have tools that don't break (as much) and a box where you can keep all your tools in a single layer so you know exactly where they are and drawers that don't stick with 100+ lbs. of tools in them. There were times when I literally had only one foot on the ground with the other shutting a lower drawer, one hand putting a tool away and the other opening a drawer and pulling a tool out. It's all about efficiency of motion and hauling *** to make money. I had no time to dick around with sub-standard stuff. Plus, the higher quality tools don't round off nuts and bolts as they fit tighter and drive from the flank instead of the corners and sockets are thinner to fit in places that Crapsman stuff just won't go, to mention the balance and feel that good tools have. I could (and still do somtimes) spin tools in my hand to get a better grip or to flip to the other end of a combo wrench. Sometimes I just do it because the job is going well and it feels good, lol. My co-workers used to crack up when they saw me doing it.

I tried using Craftsman tools when I first started out and found myself driving to Sears every couple of days. With Snap-On, they are there once a week and the service with a good tool man is incredible. If it was something I needed right away I'd just call and he'd be there before the end of the day and sometimes within the hour. That kind of service is more or less built into the price. Craftsman stuff is fine for the hobbyist but if your trying to make money, there is nothing like the balance, feel and utility of a tool you can have confidence in. I have tools that have outlasted many finely crafted engine parts, lol.

when the snap-on guy comes, around, me and dad always buy at least two things. its just all so AWESOME!

The only snapoff crap I ever use are a couple of 3/8 ratchets and a torque wrench.

Otherwise I can build and work just fine without spending 4k on tools that guys with 200k race cars use.

Besides the tool boxes which are as good as any other mac,matco,cornwell etc they have only a few items that are unique to the brand that ever made any job easire for me=flank drive wreches for screwed/bad angle nuts and bolts. Their neumatics are just ingersol rand with $napoff labled on them.

The main reason for techs using $napoff or the rest is usually if not always cause they come to YOU where YOU work and have financing & payment plans, and we all know that when you need a tool you don't have on the job... these guys will, so we buy it and there you go.

I personally think that every major manufacturer has 1-2 tools unique to the brand that you could use to make it a lil easier weather it SK, PROTO, etc...but we don't need to buy everything they make or even have a matched set, thats like a woman worried about her dress matching her shoes or some sht.lol

Nice box

I agree with Ramcharger. This is my life, and my career depends on my tools. I have had many tools over my life and I will admit, Snap-On and Mac both make great tools, some better than others. I like Snap-On pliers over Mac because of the handles, but I like Mac sockets over Snap-On. It's good to have a choice. I lose time if I have to drive to the closest Sears, (20+ miles each way)just to exchange a broken tool. As stated, I can call my guy and he can sometimes be here in an hour or so. THAT saves me time and money. There are also tools that I need that Craftsman and others don't make.

For those that understand, fine. For those that think all pro tools are overpriced, that's fine too. Would you expect a high end carpenter to use inferior tools from Harbor Freight or similar??? You offer professional services, you need professional equipment. I work on cars that range in value from 5k to 75k and more. My customers expect me to cater to that. I have fender covers that are sheepskin lined, magnetic, and will not scratch a 7-20k paint job. They were $$$$, but paying to fix a scratched paint job because of Summit/Jeg's fender covers, is more and you now have scarred your reputation.

Thanks for all the comments folks, I am just grateful that I have a job to go to every day, am able to upgrade equipment, and also write it off!!!! Way less taxes this year!!!

-
Back