Danica...Powershifting, and other stuff

-
I thought I lost my *** yesterday. I powershifted into 2nd and the clutch pedal stuck to the floor. Of course I backed off the gas. Car going 50+, engine idling, clutch pedal comes back up. Bang, squalk as the tires try to catch up to the ground speed. I was surprised there wasn't a 8 3/4 in my rear view.

Did ya read the comments?

"All those haters seem to forget the many men finishing behind her!!"

Seems reasonable to me.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=099douUPsOE"]What do we need? ... MORE POWER! - YouTube[/ame]

I thought I lost my *** yesterday. I powershifted into 2nd and the clutch pedal stuck to the floor. Of course I backed off the gas. Car going 50+, engine idling, clutch pedal comes back up. Bang, squalk as the tires try to catch up to the ground speed. I was surprised there wasn't a 8 3/4 in my rear view.

That don't make any sense, how the hell would the clutch pedal get stuck to the floor when "power shifting" ?

Either power shifting has a different meaning where you come from or you ain't power shifting.

The link to that video should be in everyone's signature.

Oh you mean the one where the Red Dart pops out the rearend and his *** end jumps up about 10 feet then crashes down on the pavement while a carload of idiots drives by laughing there *** off...........................................
Never seen it :burnout:

That don't make any sense, how the hell would the clutch pedal get stuck to the floor when "power shifting" ?

Either power shifting has a different meaning where you come from or you ain't power shifting.

Hmmm??? Power shift from my understanding is WOT shifting. But you do use the clutch. Of course some kind of rev limiter is generally a good idea.

Maybe you are thinking of shifting a dog box like they use for Nascar? That shift can be done without a clutch, but it requires a quick power unload to free the load on the dogs. In fact shifting a dog box like a synchro box can cause damage, since the dogs do not like being engaged slowly.

:

:eek:ops: Damn T.M.M.,glad all is O.K.

I don't know what YOUR definition is, but "round here" it means operating the clutch and shifter while leaving the right foot "sealed" firmly to the floor.

Sticking to the floor at high RPM used to be a trait of diaphragm clutch covers.

Is that the video of Danica Patrick driving a Hellcat Challenger.....and pulls out in front of a Dart? You know....the one where the dude in the Dart locks it up to keep from hitting her? If it was, he had 29" Wilwood rotors on the back, and the brakes locked up so quick the car did a Wile Coyote...and leap frogged the rearend. Is that the video in question? :banghead:

Is that the video of Danica Patrick driving a Hellcat Challenger.....and pulls out in front of a Dart? You know....the one where the dude in the Dart locks it up to keep from hitting her? If it was, he had 29" Wilwood rotors on the back, and the brakes locked up so quick the car did a Wile Coyote...and leap frogged the rearend. Is that the video in question? :banghead:

29" rotors? Wow how big are the wheels? Maybe 14" ?

What a moronic jab at Danica Patrick.:wack::wack:

Hmmm??? Power shift from my understanding is WOT shifting. But you do use the clutch. Of course some kind of rev limiter is generally a good idea.

Maybe you are thinking of shifting a dog box like they use for Nascar? That shift can be done without a clutch, but it requires a quick power unload to free the load on the dogs. In fact shifting a dog box like a synchro box can cause damage, since the dogs do not like being engaged slowly.

Ok so I guess others have a different idea on power shifting. As I was taught made me think you are doing it wrong to get the pedal stuck, and I was taught by a long time stick shift drag racer
Here's my deff............
Pedal to the floor, in sinc, give the clutch a kick about 1/4 way down while giving the shifter a yank into the next gear. If your quick, the RPM will only jump a couple hundred. The clutch pedal shouldn't even come close to the floor board.

Another method is to not even use the clutch if the RPMs are high, just let off the gas for a split second while pulling the next gear. I can do no clutch in my Dakota 1-2, 2-3 and never had a problem. Mind you its just a beater truck, I wouldn't do this with my car

Now that rear I would LOVE to see bounce!!

Bounce? There really isn't a whole lot there to bounce ...

On the other hand, I would love to see more of Geo's avatar babe - there appears to be a lot of "bounce" potential there! Who is that honey??

Bounce? There really isn't a whole lot there to bounce ...

On the other hand, I would love to see more of Geo's avatar babe - there appears to be a lot of "bounce" potential there! Who is that honey??

Kinda hard to tell, but looks pretty adequate to me.

attachment.php

I love me some sparkle pony..............................................Jeff Ive met her in person ,,,,,Very nice lady

-
Back