Dart Charger

-
Same name game happened again with Valiant Duster.

Pretty cool if its legit but not at that price. All 65 to 67 darts with the hi-po 273 had a 273 charger pie pan intead of 273 commando to show a difference between plymouth & dodge. The factory let alone dealers did one off stuff back in the day so it would be a rare one.

Oldschoolcuda

Pretty cool if its legit but not at that price. All 65 to 67 darts with the hi-po 273 had a 273 charger pie pan intead of 273 commando to show a difference between plymouth & dodge. The factory let alone dealers did one off stuff back in the day so it would be a rare one.

Oldschoolcuda

I'd say due to the collectability of that car for an early A body lover it's worth no more that $7500. That guy must be watching too much Barrett Jackson

OR he's just aware of that his car was made in 180 units and there are only somewhere between 20 and 30 cars!!!!!!

They are real deals, just a handful of them made, a friend of mind just sold his for 18.500 and had no trouble getting that price. Just a rare car. If you
can't see the value in these cars,your not looking at how rare they are?
Mopar terry

Moparterry! You are so right. They sold the DartCharger conv that were in the Mopar magazines a couple of years ago. It sold for USD 29500!! And it wasn't stock. Had a lot of hot rod stuff and a non orginal interior.

So compare to other A-bodies this one is rare!

1965 was the first year for the high performance 273. I think you will find that the idea was that just as the Barracuda had the Formula S starting in '65 the GT had the Charger but they had to change it when the Charger actually came out in '66 as a separate larger model. it would be neat to see some documentation. I just posted a photo of the pieces I have. I've had them for many years. the wheels say Bell Auto so apparently they were built here in southern California as has been said.
Scott8)

There is quite a lot of info about the 65 Dodge Dart Charger on the net.
just put that in your google search box. Here's an example: http://forum.stockmopar.com/index.php?topic=140.msg1443 You can just click on the link. 180 were factory made and 300 kits were made for dealers to install. I don't belive I"ve ever heard of them coming from anywhere than California. They were all GT's, all had
13" Cragar wheels, were all painted beige, and all had Charger badges on the front fenders and on the dash. toolmanmike

37fleetwood! I would like to see the pictures you have! I have some copies of the salesdokumentation for the Dart Go/Go package cars. There you have all the orderforms etc from Chrysler and Bells Auto for the wheels.

I have two Dartchargers, one conv and one hardtop. The vert is almost done and the hardtop is undergoing 100% resto.

I'm not terribly attached to this stuff, I was planning on putting it on a Barracuda with a Dart front clip but that could be done differently. here is the photo of the small parts, there is one of the 13" wheels also here and if need be I have an original 273 4bbl engine complete and several others that would need more work.on the hubcap that looks nicer than the rest i colored the black areas with a sharpie so I could get a better idea what they looked like done, they'll all need to be repainted.
dartcharger.jpg

Scott8)

-
Back