Dart dash mod

-

superdart

Shade Tree Tinker Gnome.....
Reaction score
OK, what do you think?

273700.jpg

I had a plate made to hold the 2 1/16" gauges and the 1 DIN radio. The gauges are mocked up and not connected. I am installing all black face Vision VDO gauges. The old ashtray spot will have a plate installed to mount switches for an electric fuel pump & fan relay, and any other switches I want.

Looks good, nice job. I would like to mount my 2 1/16 Gages that way but I don't want to hack up my rally dash. I just mount them under the ash tray in a chrome bracket. Iv'e got a temp, oil press, volt meter, and trans temp, all down there.
DaveC.

If I had a ralley dash I woulnd't have done this either. But, since these "granny" style dashs are everywhere, I wasn't real concerned.

Not sure if they make them in 2 1/16ths. But when i used to work at a boat store they sell little angle trim rings that would angle gauges twords the driver. That might look good and help out when drivin. It looks good though! :thumblef:

halfaed, that looks like a LOT of work, but it sure turned out nice. :)
superdart, the standard dash can be a pain to mount guages, and I think you did a good job on mounting yours.

Halfaed - that is sweet...if I had time/shop/welder that would have been a great way to go....

Thanks O-V...It gets the job done.

-
Back