dart differences.

-
67 has back up lights in the rear bumper,a different dash pad and radio. It also has a one year only idler arm k member set up. Oh and no side marker lights.:thumblef:

To me.............The begining of a new great style..........I love all Mopar but 67 to 69 Darts are special to me. I see most of the diff. are covered.

arm rest is one year only, plus trim with blinkers and rocker moldings, tail panel plus all else that was mentioned

There are lots of differences if you get picky enough. Hard to list them all but I'll add:
engine options (318 and 340 not available in '67; 273 4bbl not available in '68)
on 2dr hardtops....the quarter glasses.
slant 6 and 273 cranks
904 front pump housing assy,convertor and related parts.
833 output shafts (except 383) and yokes
speedometers

you would need 68 fenders.. trust me they look the same (except for the marker lights) but they're differant..

headlights are in a slightly differant spot in 68.. 67 and 69 the headlights are (from what I have been able to determine) the same spot.. 68 is on its own.. I found this out the hard way.. trying to use 68 fenders on my 69 Dart.. also.. the way the grille mounts to the top of the fender and the hood latch plate are differant if I am not mistaken..

1967 :

- Last year for the v.i.n. to be placed in the doorjam
- Last year for a numerical plant code
- Shitty plastic windshield and backlight trim
- 383 intro in Spring '67
- No shoulder belts
- Last year for the hi-po , 235 hp 273
- Last year for Blue Line tyres

1968 :

- Shoulder belts
- Limited run of "factory" 440 Mag /Super Commando
- Mid-year reintroduction of the Hurst shifter
- 340 w/ 4 speed had a special cam
- Side marker lights ( '69 were reflectors )
- 318 LA

Certainly there are many other subtle changes / revisions ; I've only listed the ones I know off the top of my (balding) head .
- New-style wheel covers for the GT / GT+S

When I ordered a stock 340 exhaust system from Year One with the proper extensions, we found it was about 4 inches too short. Contacted Year One, and the guy told me that believe it or not the 67 Dart is around 4 inches longer than the 68-69. Have never actaully measured, but this what Iwas told.:dontknow:

No we just welded a 4 inch piece cleanly for the tips to compensate and all is well. Actually because Year One recommened the tips on the site, they told me it was their fault and reimbursed me for the chrome tips. So the tips were free. They said the 67 tips are longer. Now that is good business!

Interior door lock location changed i think in 69, but i think 67 and 68 are the same.

to install 68 tail lihts in a 67 you have to modify the sheetmetal. The 67 buckets at shallow and the 68/69 are deeper due to the back up lights in the tail light

I have seen 68 & 69 grills in a 67, was told that they were different the way they mount, so not sure how difficult to do

I do not believe the cars are different in lenght. The 67 never had the chrome exhaust tips and due to the offset gas tank and single strap they only used dual exhaust on the 383 cars

68 they changed to a dual strap on the gas tank that run front to back instead of frame rail to frame rail and my guess is to make it easier to install duals

It can be done, how much of a 68 do you want? If you really want a 68, sell the 67 and buy a 68 might be easier, unless you only want the exterior stuff.

The radio antenna is also different on a 67. The fender mounting hole in smaller on a 67 ( found out the hard way after the car was painted)

I was going to put a 69 grill and tail lights in my 67, but after the difficult time getting the body guy to do something, I gave up on it.

I had a 67 hardtop that I was going to clone into a 69, but decided I'll find a 69, so I sold the hardtop

-
Back