Status
Not open for further replies.

Dart Shawn

I wanna go fast!!!
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking to sale what as been my pride and joy for the past 2.5 years. It is a 1974 Dodge dart Swinger that has had a lot of work done to it, it's got fully rebuilt 0.060 318 with a brand new crank, new cast pistons, new performance 268 cam shaft, reconditioned rods, new chromoly rings, new bearings,new high volume oil pump, new freeze plugs, all new seals, fully rebuilt heads with new valves, retainers, hardened guides and heardened seats, the heads were milled just a bit had a 3 angle valve job and were double hand lapped as well as magnafluxed. I also put on a new fuel pump, water pump and a Summit performance harmonic balancer. I personally built the engine and put it in the car, I put a Weiand action plus spread bore high rise intake and a Edelbrock 1406 600CFM electric choke 4 barrel carb also a set of Hooker competiton headers with a full Jegs 2.5" dual exhaust kit with Edelbrock SDT mufflers. The engine is excpected to be putting out a mild 300-325 horse and close to 350-360 ft/lbs of torque. Towards the end of the build funds began to tighten up so I put a set of duralast plug wires on along with a duralast cap and rotor the plugs are bosch supers. The AC is still factory charged with R-12 and works phenominally, I put a set of aluminum mopar performance valve covers on with a matching mopar performance aluminum air cleaner the car has new shocks all the way around as well as new wheels, tires and lug nuts, the tires are all BF-G Radial T/A's the rear are 255/60R-15's and the front are 205/60-15's and a new vinyl top, the interior has been redone but the dash has 2 cracks right in the center it still looks good but the dash could use a cover, as well I just pulled the original repholstered bench seat out and put in a set of BMW 325I sport bucket seats in the passenger side has a split seam but tey still look great. The body needs a little work, needs a new drivers side quarter not due to rust though the PO backed up and side swiped a pole or something im not sure, I have the replacement quarter extension already. there are a few dents that need fixed but arent bad. There isnt any rust accept for right at the base of the vinyl top below the back window. the lower drivers side control arm had a crack in it but I repaired it now the torsion bar needs adjusted to lift the passenger side out of its slight sag. I am putting a new Turbo Action Cheetah manual/automatic street strip valve body in the tranny tomorrow-(8-9-09) I will also tighten the bands while im in there.
<br>

<br>
The transmission and rear end are still stock, the tranny is a Torque flight A-904 3 speed and the rear end is a 8-1/4 2.73 one legger The car has current registration and is my daily driver. I am interested in trades for other cars or trucks as well.
<br>

<br>
I have a folder with every receipt for the car from the day I bought it, I have been working on it for nearly two and a half years but I just built the engine and put it in no more then 3 months ago. the engine never sat around after the build, it was put in, and in the following days was driven after it was finished, I have only put around 2k miles on it, this engine is barely even broken in.

I'm looking for $4500 or trades.

For any questions you can call me at 760-220-1472 or email me at [email protected]

P1010225.jpg

P1010224.jpg

P1010226.jpg

P1010328.jpg

P1010326.jpg

P1010325.jpg

P1010084.jpg

P1010087-1.jpg

P1010090.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010004.jpg

motor6.jpg

motor3-1.jpg

No longer for sale, having the trans rebuilt and for the cash im putting into it I wont get that much more out of the car.

Shawn.

Well then keep it....
It's a nice car and i think you would regret selling it especially if you have more into it than you think it's worth. Enjoy it and don't look back.
BTW, i like the looks of it and the stance, it gives me ideas on what i want my car to look like.
Thanks for sharing. (pics etc)
Tom.

Thank's Tom,

If you want to see more pics of the whole car through out the build so far look on the link in my signature!!.

Shawn.

Well then keep it....
It's a nice car and i think you would regret selling it especially if you have more into it than you think it's worth. Enjoy it and don't look back.
BTW, i like the looks of it and the stance, it gives me ideas on what i want my car to look like.
Thanks for sharing. (pics etc)
Tom.

I informed you of the problems before hand any ways your the one that wanted to travel down and look with out saying hhmm would you mind taking up close and personal pictures of the rear quarter, inside the trunk of the rear quarter? I told you it need a new quarter, don't try to bring me down man I'm not the one trying to ditch a car I got from my father in my eyes thats just wrong if you don't like the car, change it don't give it up that was your dads pride and joy, if it weren't he wouldn't have put all that time and money into resto-modding it yet you just don't give a ****.

With a new rear quarter and paint this would be an extremely nice car weather you think so or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back