Dartin for Divorce

-
Bolted up and spins, Fluid full, it was fully seated onto the pump but I cant check to make sure its seated anymore without pulling the transmission
Not true. Could unbolt torque and see if it slides into trans. If it does, that part is right. If you remember spinning torque around to line up with flex plate, there is no question its in right.
It will jam against flexplate if its not properly engaged.

Not true. Could unbolt torque and see if it slides into trans. If it does, that part is right. If you remember spinning torque around to line up with flex plate, there is no question its in right.
It will jam against flexplate if its not properly engaged.

I painted it to make sure it was lined up correctly. I'm unbolting the TC right now.

20200504_200347.jpg

20200504_200330.jpg

So got everything working today!!! I fucked up on the VB as I didnt have the arm tip of the rooster comb correctly installed on the valve. Fixed that and she drove and purred like a kitten, a very ferocious kitten that is.

Again thank you for all of the help @70aarcuda and all the gentlemen in this thread!

I need to clock the speedo, adjust the front end suspension, rebleed the brakes and then get an alignment.

20200505_132416.jpg

So got everything working today!!! I fucked up on the VB as I didnt have the arm tip of the rooster comb correctly installed on the valve. Fixed that and she drove and purred like a kitten, a very ferocious kitten that is.

Again thank you for all of the help @70aarcuda and all the gentlemen in this thread!

I need to clock the speedo, adjust the front end suspension, rebleed the brakes and then get an alignment.

View attachment 1715522731
Good job!

And I brought 3 valve bodies with me for him to use....lol.....
Was happy to see the back tires turning the correct way

Awesome work DD !! Save them notes, your well on your way to becoming an A body Sensei mentor to somebody else in need.

Nice! Glad you didnt have to pull it out again. And Tony only called you a dumbass how many times?

Nice! Glad you didnt have to pull it out again. And Tony only called you a dumbass how many times?

Once after I told my wife it was his fault for seeing i fucked up and thinking i would catch then fix it myself :poke::rofl:

@moparmat2000 my wife says I'm not allowed to be a mopar sensei lol. Enough with the fixing the mopar lol. Let's just drive and enjoy it for a while.

His wife walked out to the garage after while he was driving it around the block and saw the car was gone...and said...Thank God....I said your welcome...lol

Note to self: go pull pan off barracuda transmission to see if i made the same mistake...before its in car. And full of oil..

good to hear your back on the road, I was almost thinking I might actually catch up and get mine going, then I remembered, I have much more experience in staying deep into the hole - your still a bit of the rookie LOL

I've avoided rebuilding trans missions in the past, pretty big task to have success with minor issues first time out, you should tell the wife, maybe she wont freak out in a few weeks when you start your next endeavor, or bring home that rusty second project

@billsdartgt I have a little experience deep in the hole ... I do have 3 kids ya know :poke::rofl:
My car does have new cooling system, cam etc, brakes, rear end, suspension, and transmission. Shoot it's like a whole new car lol. Yours might make more power when done though haha. I am glad it was just a dumb mistake keeping the car from moving, it would have sucked to drop the transmission again.

I think I'm good on projects for a bit, it's time to sit back, enjoy the car and help @70aarcuda with his cuda now. I need to get him kicked into gear on it so maybe he will let me sit in it :D plus I'm going to miss hanging with my buddy.

Edit- the only projects I can think of is the interior or building a sweet stroker.. on an engine stand of course. I'd just have to find a 340 block first.....

I be in vegas end of april next year, hope we can meet up, so i can see car in person.

I think I'm good on projects for a bit, it's time to sit back, enjoy the car and help @70aarcuda with his cuda now.

Ummmm. Whuuut?!? You are going to drive your car? Have you come down with the vapours? I thought you were a card-carrying member of the work-on-it-forever club, and now you are going to resign? This strikes me as the professional student who goes to college for 20 years and then actually graduates.

Ummmm. Whuuut?!? You are going to drive your car? Have you come down with the vapours? I thought you were a card-carrying member of the work-on-it-forever club, and now you are going to resign? This strikes me as the professional student who goes to college for 20 years and then actually graduates.

Part of the "ill fix it one day" club? Ha

Now I just need you and billsdart to finish your cars

Part of the "ill fix it one day" club? Ha

Now I just need you and billsdart to finish your cars

I'm still buying parts - if I was Elvis I would set this thing on fire and forget it ever existed.

I did finish putting my steering column back together on my Mustang, will enjoy a little run around this weekend

I'm still buying parts - if I was Elvis I would set this thing on fire and forget it ever existed.

I did finish putting my steering column back together on my Mustang, will enjoy a little run around this weekend

That is definitely how I have felt some days with this car. Even today when its "done" I have things to do on it

"Im new to the kickdown thing on these mopars but it seems odd to me that it is what is causing problems, seems like you should be able to disconnect it completely and the trans should drive fine, just no kickdown. Im definitely gonna have to read more on that, all my crap is loose and out of adjustment."

If you drive it like that long, you will be rebuilding the transmission SOON. Unless you have installed a manual, or reverse manual valve body, a 904 or 727 absolutely has to have the throttle pressure linkage hooked up and adjusted correctly. When adjusted correctly, and under normal driving, part throttle conditions, the 1-2 shift should be at 18 mph, and the 2-3 shift at 28 mph. Hope this helps some.

Was looking for this again as I'm trying to get my cable optimally adjusted. Currently I'm shifting at about 20 mph from 1-2 and roughly 30 mph 2-3

Took the car around the block and you can definitely feel the trans and TC are different. These 2 like the car thats for sure!

Now just need to adjust the steering a little, its pulling hard to the right.

20200506_145209.jpg

20200506_145101.jpg

Car died in the burger King drive through :BangHead: Have no clue why. Its been starting and driving around just fine all day. When the car died it sounded like it was running out of gas, but I just put 3/4 tank of gas in it wtf.

Cranks but won't turn over.

Last edited:
Did it restart? Just die?

Drive throughs can be tough.. Lots of heat soak can build up while in one and cause vapor lock or overheating or a low voltage condition (not all alternators charge well at idle) or overheat ignition components..

At any rate, if it restarts once cooled off a bit then heat may be the culprit. If it doesn't restart once cooled.. Farther down the rabbit hole you go.

Did it restart? Just die?

Drive throughs can be tough.. Lots of heat soak can build up while in one and cause vapor lock or overheating or a low voltage condition (not all alternators charge well at idle) or overheat ignition components..

At any rate, if it restarts once cooled off a bit then heat may be the culprit. If it doesn't restart once cooled.. Farther down the rabbit hole you go.

I turned it off in the drive through to not heat to much got to the pay window and yup just sounded like no gas and dead in the water. I had to push it out of the drive through lol

-
Back